failed surgery to correct my son curved penis

Previous topic - Next topic

markello

Hi

My child (2 years and 8 months) had a congenital chordee without hypospadia. The surgery was 3 months ago. According to the surgeon, who is a pediatric urologist in a university hospital, he cut the tethering that caused the bending and cover this underneath raw area with the foreskin.  I thought the problem was fixed as the doctor assured us that the surgery went very well. but unfortunately, I started to realize very soon after the surgery that the bend is still very noticeable, another thing is that almost more than third of the shaft is uncovered, it is very obvious that the doctor took too much skin with the circumcision, and the last problem we observed when we started potty training is that there is another small hole at the site of the surgery and there is dripping when he is peeing. I have been told this is a fistula and it is a complication of this one stage surgery.
my questions are: can my son live with this fistula?
can he have a normal intimate life with this curved and over circumcised penis?
can I sue this doctor?
the pain is killing me for my child and the surgery was really traumatizing for him and for us.
I appreciate your responses.
thank you
If you want answers, Please help us by filling in your signature block

Click here for Directions

LWillisjr

This is a very difficult case and difficult to respond to. It is possible to be curved while flaccid, but straight when erect. In this case normal sex would be fine.

There are many pros and cons for circumcision but mostly this is cultural and personal preference as most of the nerve endings for intercourse in the glans of the penis.

I can't speak to the fistula condition.
Developed peyronies 2007 - 70 degree dorsal curve
Traction/MEDs/Injections/Surgery 2008 16 years Peyronies free now
My History

menelikii

Hi, I may suggest consulting with Drs. Bush and Snodgrass at https://hypospadias.com/ who seem to be experts in treating children. Good luck.  
If you want answers, Please help us by filling in your signature block

Click here for Directions

LWillisjr

You are recommending a center in the U.S. for someone who lives in another country?
Developed peyronies 2007 - 70 degree dorsal curve
Traction/MEDs/Injections/Surgery 2008 16 years Peyronies free now
My History