I Accidentally Cured My Peyronies With a Water Fast

Previous topic - Next topic

FastingKing

I joined this forum just to make this post. I found this forum after searching google for "fasting peyronies" because I was curious if what I experienced happened to anyone else.

Here's my story...

Woke up one day with Peyronies Disease about 34 years ago. I recall when because of where I was living at the time. My lesion was on the left side of the shaft, about 1.5" from the base. It resulted in about a 30-40 degree kick to the left. I never had any pain and it didn't prevent intercourse so after researching it, I just decided to live with it.

It remained unchanged for the next 34 years. I turn 60 next month. I've had high blood pressure for the past 20 years. I am (was) a type 2 diabetic and I was obese at 6'2" 275-280 for the past 15 years or so. And overweight almost all my adult life.

I decided to get healthy and for various reasons chose to start with a 21-day water fast. The Peyronies wasn't part of the equation. I wanted to get my blood sugar, blood pressure and weight under control.

So I fasted actually for 23 days. I didn't find it nearly as hard as I imagined it would be. It was not purely water. I drank coffee with Splenda, iced tea with Splenda, soda water with lime, straight water and for a week, I ate a cup of bone broth per day for electrolytes.

Ok, so I completed the fast. I started it in Colombia where I live with my wife but I went to the USA on day 11 and finished it away from her. I was in the USA for about 8 weeks and returned back to Colombia. Since the fast, I've been doing intermittent fasting on a 18:6 schedule with occasional full fasting days mixed in. Keto diet and I've been in ketosis for about 70 days.

I normalized my blood pressure. I lost 60lbs and am now at a 19% body fat. I also completely reversed my Type 2 diabetes. My last A1C was 4.4.

So when I was in the USA, away from my wife, I paid zero attention to my penis. I'm low T so I don't wake up with erections any more (working on this). And I don't masturbate or anything to arouse myself so I didn't notice any changes.

Last week, I returned to Colombia and naturally, made love with my wife. That's when I saw it!

My erection was as straight as a string!

I asked my wife, "Is it straight or is it my imagination?" And she told me it was clearly straight and very different.

My Peyronies was 98% gone. I say 98% because there is a small "dent" where the lesion was, but it's so small it doesn't make a curve anymore. I imagine if I did another fast, the autophagy would eat that up in no time.

Guys, I had this lesion for 34 years and it disappeared in a 23 day fast.

I think the people not seeing results are simply not fasting long enough. The longer the fast, the deeper the autophagy, which is what is consuming the lesion. And you have to give it time to work.

Fasting has been the best thing I've done for my health, ever. And the Peyronie's cure was just a bonus.

PS: I do not believe that intermittent fasting will help because you're not getting into autophagy and certainly not long enough for it to be deep autophagy. You have to FAST, probably for 10+ days minimum.
If you want answers, Please help us by filling in your signature block

Click here for Directions

john.doe.550

pleased for your success.  For the record, fasting did not help me and i have had peyronies for less than 43 years.
Age: 65. Peyronies Disease in MAR 2019. 90 dgree upward curve.. Immediate &  severe. Xiaflex, APR 2019 to early 2021, slow but minor improvement through 2021. Incisional corporoplasty surgery completed in late 2022.

FastingKing

Quote from: john.doe.550 on October 17, 2022, 12:12:56 AM
pleased for your success.  For the record, fasting did not help me and i have had peyronies for less than 43 years.

How long did you fast? And was it a zero calorie fast?

jj21

Interesting post, I have done 72hr water fast before, made no difference to my peyronies. But it's interesting that you said it would have to be 10+ days.

I've also been keto for about 6 months, can't say it's made much difference.

There was another member here who had success with a water fast as well.  
34 Years Old...Peyronies for 4 years. 20 Degree left and upwards curvature, major dents and narrowing, ED.

Implant + Tunica Expansion Procedure, 7th Feb 2023, Titan 22cm +1cm RTE, Partial revision 27th June 23 (fix pump, remove 10ml reservoir).

FastingKing

I don't know what percentage it will work on. There's a poll out there with 300+ responses asking if water fasting helped your Peyronies and 43% said yes.
https://peyroniespolls.com/poll/fasting-for-peyronies-disease/

But if you understand autophagy, you'll get that nothing significant is going to happen in 72 hours. I'm not the expert on it but my guess is 10-14 days would be the minimum. It's just a matter of giving it enough time to break down the lesion. As I said, I did 23 days and still have a very small lesion. It was originally about the size of a quarter. Now it's about the size of a pea. So even 23 days wasn't quite long enough.

Of course, at the time I wasn't measuring by that because I didn't even know it was happening.

I don't see how keto alone is going to do anything, nor intermittent fasting. Maybe if you religiously do ADF or OMAD, it may eventually help because you will be entering autophagy daily, but not deep autophagy.

Take a look at this video:

https://youtu.be/Wzmacu2TgFg

If you look at the attached picture from the video, you see the level of autophagy (and that is what is eating the lesion) continues to increase up to 5 days, and maybe beyond. At 5 days, it is 2X what it is at 3 days.

https://imgur.com/a/jFLSDlE

john.doe.550

My fasting was zero calorie for 36 continuous hours every Friday for 2.5 years.  Kinda different to what you others have done. But, due to other chronic illness, it was necessary to use a long-term approach known to promote life longevity. Received assistance from Hindi Brahman very experienced in benefits from diet, fasting, and yoga.      
Age: 65. Peyronies Disease in MAR 2019. 90 dgree upward curve.. Immediate &  severe. Xiaflex, APR 2019 to early 2021, slow but minor improvement through 2021. Incisional corporoplasty surgery completed in late 2022.

jj21

Quote from: FastingKing on October 17, 2022, 09:15:31 AM
I don't know what percentage it will work on. There's a poll out there with 300+ responses asking if water fasting helped your Peyronies and 43% said yes.
https://peyroniespolls.com/poll/fasting-for-peyronies-disease/

But if you understand autophagy, you'll get that nothing significant is going to happen in 72 hours. I'm not the expert on it but my guess is 10-14 days would be the minimum. It's just a matter of giving it enough time to break down the lesion. As I said, I did 23 days and still have a very small lesion. It was originally about the size of a quarter. Now it's about the size of a pea. So even 23 days wasn't quite long enough.

Of course, at the time I wasn't measuring by that because I didn't even know it was happening.

I don't see how keto alone is going to do anything, nor intermittent fasting. Maybe if you religiously do ADF or OMAD, it may eventually help because you will be entering autophagy daily, but not deep autophagy.

Take a look at this video:

https://youtu.be/Wzmacu2TgFg

If you look at the attached picture from the video, you see the level of autophagy (and that is what is eating the lesion) continues to increase up to 5 days, and maybe beyond. At 5 days, it is 2X what it is at 3 days.

https://imgur.com/a/jFLSDlE

Makes sense honestly.. Some good research behind it too.. There have been a few members here that had good results with a water fast.. I might try it for 10 days minimum.  
34 Years Old...Peyronies for 4 years. 20 Degree left and upwards curvature, major dents and narrowing, ED.

Implant + Tunica Expansion Procedure, 7th Feb 2023, Titan 22cm +1cm RTE, Partial revision 27th June 23 (fix pump, remove 10ml reservoir).

Sonic

Autophagy starts kicking in only after 24 hours and as time goes on it goes up and then reaches it's maximum. However the most amazing thing is the stem cell production which starts to occur around the 72 hour+ mark. Fasting is something I have done for years and I reccommend it to anyone because of the health benefits. Below I have posted a video I think everyone on this forum should watch not because of Peyronies but because of your overall health.

I will say however that when I see stories like this from the OP and others who have done very long periods of fasting I tend to believe them that it helped their Peyronies because the cell renewal effect and stem cell production actually reach insane levels at that point.

https://youtu.be/RuOvn4UqznU
30 years. Sudden rightwards curve detected in June 2020
Narrowing on right side and about a 20° curve to the right.
ED + instability due to narrowing.

anchorout

Your condition does not sound like the Peyronie's which afflicts many here... when you say that the lesion didn't prevent intercourse, does that mean you didn't have penile diminishment, i.e. loss of length, girth, and hardness? The fibrosis that is a hallmark of Peyronie's results in severely changed sexual function. Did a physician ever give a diagnosis?
Age 60, first erectile pain mid-2018. Noticed hourglass deformity late 2019 (hadn't actually been looking prior). Now moderate bend, hourglass turned into overall reduction of about 40% in girth and length, cannot have intercourse.