Pain, but no signs of progression yet

Previous topic - Next topic

Daxos

Hey guys,

Wanted to get your experience, knowledge and thoughts on my situation.
I have been having minor flaccid pain in the base of my penis. It has been exactly 60 days since the pain started. The pain is not constantly present, but comes and goes during the day.
It feels a but like a dull pain, but the pain severity is mostly very low.

I have been afraid of Peyronie's in the past, so that's why this is scaring me now too.
I am also aware of pelvic floor issues, have been having them for a while, but this is the first time that a specific pain has lasted this long.

My question is the following:
After 60 days of having ONLY minor flaccid pain, could I regard this pain from a different cause than Peyronie's Disease?

I have a hard time finding answers on how fast Peyronie's Disease progresses, so thats why I am asking. Right now I have no other symptoms besides the small flaccid pain after 60 days, so that says to me that I can't have Peyronie's, but I really want to ask you guys before I start getting happy.

Do you think my chances of not having Peyronie's are good?
Start of disease: unclear yet
Symptoms: flaccid pain
Degree of bend: 45 degree congenital left curve

Sonic

Your sig says you have a 45 degree congenital curve. Is this all?

The important factor is what your penis looks like erect to detect wether you have Peyronies or not. That's why all urologists demand erect pictures and not flaccid ones.

If it looks the same erect as it always has done you do not have the disease. The pain related to Peyronies is also in 90% of cases while erect. While flaccid pain can occur with some men it's not that usual. It could rather indicate dysfunctionional/tense pelvic floor and I can see you have this problem.

Basically to make it simple, if your penis erect looks the same as it used to there's no chance you have this disease.
30 years. Sudden rightwards curve detected in June 2020
Narrowing on right side and about a 20° curve to the right.
ED + instability due to narrowing.

Daxos

Quote from: Sonic on September 27, 2022, 07:25:47 AM
Your sig says you have a 45 degree congenital curve. Is this all?
Yes, this is all. This curve has been present for as long as I can remember and I currently have no other symptoms at all yet.

Sonic

Then you 99% do not have Peyronies. I can imagine a 45 degree downwards bend can make sex rather difficult right? If not then just go on with life and be happy you don't have Peyronies.

However if the curve is a problem you should know that the only thing that will correct it is a relatively simple surgery.
30 years. Sudden rightwards curve detected in June 2020
Narrowing on right side and about a 20° curve to the right.
ED + instability due to narrowing.

LWillisjr

Quote from: Sonic on September 27, 2022, 05:32:09 PM

However if the curve is a problem you should know that the only thing that will correct it is a relatively simple surgery.

I agree surgery is about the only option for a congenital curve. There are cases of very mild (10-15 degrees) improvement with traction, but that wouldn't be enough for significant curves. I would never consider the surgery as "simple". They key to a good surgery is finding an experienced and reputable surgeon.
Developed peyronies 2007 - 70 degree dorsal curve
Traction/MEDs/Injections/Surgery 2008 16 years Peyronies free now
My History

Daxos

Quote from: LWillisjr on September 27, 2022, 07:46:05 PM
I agree surgery is about the only option for a congenital curve. There are cases of very mild (10-15 degrees) improvement with traction, but that wouldn't be enough for significant curves. I would never consider the surgery as "simple". They key to a good surgery is finding an experienced and reputable surgeon.

Thus far my congenital curve has had not adverse affects on my sexual abilities. Some positions are harder with some women that are shaped differently, but this curve is very manageable.
I am however curious to your opinion and thoughts on my question in this thread.

LWillisjr

In my opinion, Peyronies does not cause pain when flaccid. So there must be another reason or source for the pain. It isn't Peyronies related.
Developed peyronies 2007 - 70 degree dorsal curve
Traction/MEDs/Injections/Surgery 2008 16 years Peyronies free now
My History