After 5 cycles (10 total injections) I decided to stop using Xiaflex - NO result

Previous topic - Next topic

Bak

Hi guys,

I want to report my experience using Xiaflex + manual and RestoreX manipulations. Below my medical history with this therapy in short:

1. Prior to my 1st cycle the curvature was 55 degree, pointing upward.
2. At the beginning of the 2nd cycle, the curvature had worsen to 65-70 degrees. I also developed a bruise after the 2nd injection of this cycle, but not big deal, it went away in one week with no complications
3. At the beginning of the 3rd cycle, the curvature was 55 degrees again.
4. At the beginning of the 4th cycle, the curvature was 45 degrees. I developed a bruise after the 1st injection of this cycle which then went away in a week with no complications.
5. One month and 1/2 after 4th cycle the upward curvature was back to 55 degrees (basically back to when I started).

In between cycles (starting a week after the 2nd injection), I used RestoreX daily, as recommended by Dr. Trost and my doctor, with a combination of straightening and counter-bending.

Result: About one year after when I first started the therapy I have no improvement whatsoever (8 total Xiaflex injections + many hours of RestoreX use).

Unfortunately, around the same period, another nodule/plaque developed on the right side of the plaque (it was pretty solid, about 7 mm). I and the doctor initially were preoccupied it could be a penis tumor. Ultrasound instead showed it was just another plaque. The doc said it could be caused by the use of RestoreX so he instructed me to stop using the device and only do manual manipulation.

He also suggested to start a new cycle of injections on this new plaque. After health insurance approval we started the new cycle with 2 injections on this new plaque. The 2nd injection caused ematoma, huge swelling, and pain. I was worried about penile fracture. Went to the doc again who said it was just a side effect to the medication but there was no penile fracture.

The right plaque/nodule dissolve but it left a hourglass which now causes a curvature also towards the right side (the major curvature is yet upward about 55 degrees).

After these experiences (10 total injections, many hours of RestoreX manipulation) I decided to stop both therapies.

In my personal experience Xiaflex produced no great improvement (upward curvature zero improvement), it dissolved the nodule on the right but it left hourglass.

RestoreX may generally even create small minor damages which then may develop new plaques.

The risks associated to these therapies are not worth my personal results. Maybe for other people might work, but based on my experience it's not worth it.

I hope this helps/ it is useful for someone.

Best,
39 yo. Peyronie's disease, first diagnosed around May 2021. Initial curvature around 55-60 degrees. Tried Xiaflex injections (10 in total) + RestoreX for over a year. Curvature has not changed. I got a new pump/indentation from using RestoreX

Mr man

Really sorry to read your negative results. Hope you find an effective treatment.

Do you have good diet? And a healthy lifestyles? Hope that's ok to ask?
Latest routine. Started l-lysine 3mg daily, l-proline 5mg daily. Increased vit c intake. Accompanied with almost daily vacuum therapy. Pumping to 100% Exercise caution! Made good progress. L arginine supplements and prescribed potaba are helping.

Bak

Hey Mr Man,

Yes I do have a healthy life style: I train regularly at the gym three times a week. I eat healthy food, lots of veggie and I don't eat sweets or sugar much. I eat very little meat and I don't smoke. I drink occasionally in a social way.  
39 yo. Peyronie's disease, first diagnosed around May 2021. Initial curvature around 55-60 degrees. Tried Xiaflex injections (10 in total) + RestoreX for over a year. Curvature has not changed. I got a new pump/indentation from using RestoreX