Plication suture popped - what to do?

Previous topic - Next topic

joavyer

OK I'm freaking out
I'm on day 17 after plication surgery, everything was going well with the recovery. Then suddenly at 5:30AM I'm woken up by a strong erection (as was the case these past several days), and I grab my penis and suddenly feel a "pop" sound underneath my hand. The erection then abruptly and instantly disappears, and I'm in shock now.

Obviously I plan to call my doctor, but it's Sunday and early in the morning.
Did anyone experience anything similar? What do I do now? Is this serious, is it fixable, does it require revision surgery? Christ I'm going mental now
If you want answers, Please help us by filling in your signature block

Click here for Directions

joavyer

The procedure that I had was TAP I believe (with a longitudinal incision and the sutures applied across). And non-permanent sutures were used, as I've been told
I think I feel ok currently, I can still have erections, and I don't see/feel any internal bleeding/swelling

Before the surgery I had a severe curvature both frontal and lateral (to the left), and a rotation as well.
After the surgery, the frontal curvature was fixed (which was the most important one to me), but the lateral still seems to be there. I might be subjective, but after this "pop" sound, this lateral curvature seems a bit more pronounced now

thecrookedone

Did you have two sets of sutures ? One for your plication and one for circumcision. Usually one is absorbable and one is permanent. Are you sure both are non permanent?

Congenital Penile Curvature. Ventral. 80-90 degrees.

Plication Surgery - Aug 2022

joavyer

Yeah two sets as you described
The plication one (the one inside, that I can't see) is the one for which I felt the "pop" sound

When I asked the doctor before surgery "is the method that you do the one with the permanent sutures?", he answered "no, I don't do that one, the germans do that"

joavyer

OK I called the doctor and he just said "that's normal" ??
and also "if there's no bleeding, that's normal, see you at the scheduled checkup in 3 weeks"

Christ I'm shook right now

Also I had a thread about my surgery with updates here
https://www.peyroniesforum.net/index.php/topic,17908.0.html
But I wanted to post here as this forum has more visibility, and I was scared about the pop

Pfract

Understandably you are concerned. If you still keep having erections and there is no bruising, massive pain or discoloration and things seems as the new normal, try to relax a bit..... there is nothing else that you can do for the time being.

thecrookedone

I understand. I was freaking out too yesterday because I was bleeding quite a lot yesterday. I went to the emergency and got myself cleaned and got back to my hotel room. Still shaky from the experience.

The recovery from the surgery seems to be a slightly bumpy ride for some of us. Keep observing and monitoring changes to your erections and make sure you are able to reach the doctor at short notice. It's the best we can do right now. Wish you a speedy recovery  

Congenital Penile Curvature. Ventral. 80-90 degrees.

Plication Surgery - Aug 2022

joavyer

OK I guess everything is ok...
When flaccid, the penis was having this strange hourglass shape now, which worried me a lot
But again, I woke up with an erection this morning, and everything seemed ok, straight....
Man this recovery is very emotional

Benders Apprentice

How you doing now? which Dr. Did you have?

joavyer

Quote from: Benders Apprentice on August 24, 2022, 12:08:37 PM
How you doing now? which Dr. Did you have?
Hey so, I'm 1 month after the surgery now, and most of the pain has stopped, erections feel good. However, there is indeed a residual curvature. To the left, and the rotation that I had still remains. At this point, I can't tell whether this is due to one suture popping or it was just like that from the surgery. It is a lot better than my original state (the downwards curvature was awful and made sex impossible). I have a scheduled checkup next week, so I'll try and see with the doctor what he thinks about the situation.
I really wish that everything was ideal, because the first 3 weeks of recovery were indeed kinda tough, as you really don't know what to expect, and I'd hate to go through something like this a second time. But if this is what the results turn out to be, all I can say is it's better than before definitely

The doctor was from southern Europe btw