Hello from new user - think I've got the Peyronies ... 'tis why I'm here.

Previous topic - Next topic

Hello all...

I'm 54 years old, and about to turn 55 in October.  I've developed just this past year what could only be (self) diagnosed as Peyronies Disease or some semblance/precursor to the same.  I make the latter qualification as it is a completely painless, purely anatomical penile anomaly I've noticed only this past year.  

The only symptom I've noticed over the past year has been the sudden and quite evident development of a sharp, slight upward turn about 1/3 down the shaft of the penis, away from the urethra opening.  I have been rather intrigued by this from the first time I noticed it and of course, being the cerebral sort that I am, I naturally have done lots of research and reading.

But the very definite, upward bend nearly in the middle of the shaft area, is something I've never seen in all my days and again, only in the past year of my living. As well, again, it's completely pain free, whether flacid or erect and this, combined with the fact that I've chosen to be actively celibate for about 12 years now, makes it more of a curiosity to me as opposed to something that in any way is impacting my life in any negative way at all; I am actually quite fascinated by this.

So just wanted to say hello and see if any folk might like to comment on such a late life occurrence of what apparently, could only be described medically/scientifically as some sort of Peyronie's Disease.  

Here are the only possible causal events that I could attribute this odd quirk of my anatomy too and looking back over the past 34 years or so (both during my very sexually active years of 17 thru 42 and my now happily celibate years 43 thru 54 years):

1. during some particularly athletic sex with my long-time girlfriend, at the age of 26 or so, she was on top and accidentally came down a bit wrong and really bent the shaft of my penis. This was a painful thing and I actually reacted in a way that made her pause and apologize and ask if I was okay.  I never forgot it because it was such an isolated event but do remember worrying that I might have "broken" my penis. For the decades after that, though, things were always fine.

2. for the past two years, I have taken Metolprolol, a beta-blocker for hypertension. It has worked well for this use and I have never paid much mind to the often mentioned side effects of erectyle dysfunction as I've been celibate for so long and a sex life (outside of occasional self pleasuring) is simply not a concern or priority of mine.  I *have* however read of late of persons diagnosed with Peyronies Disease to have also believed their own disease to be caused by the use of similar beta blockers and so that is one reason I cite here as a sudden appearance of this diseases (possibly) or anomaly in my anatomy.

3. lastly, about 1.5 years ago I had a massively displaced anguinal hernia (left side) surgically repaired.  I have recovered from this and am doing well in that regard but thought I would mention it here as well.  When I say "massively displaced" anguinal hernia?  I mean like, intestines dropping down into the scrotal sack displaced.  I lived with the hernia for decades and simply just pushed the little bump back in every now and then but a few years ago it "went nuclear," so to speak and pretty much just busted all the way through the abdominal wall.  

But other than those few things?  I've never had a single issue "down there," and certainly not sudden and quite obvious changes to the shape of my penis.

So again, hello folk.  Happy to find a seemingly healthy forum around a new and possible factor to factor into my daily living.  I look forward to searching through and reading more of your posts.

Best regards,...

If you want answers, Please help us by filling in your signature block

Click here for Directions

Pfract

s1rrah:

Hello and welcome!

I have read your entire post. The possible causes you mention more likely than not are not related at all. Especially the bending episode that was so long ago. But there is nothing wrong with what you did, in terms of trying to find reasons of why it may have this have happened.

https://malefertilityandpeyroniesclinic.com/peyronies/treatments/

Please have a look at this link. It shows the most up to date recommendations from a leading physician in the field.
What you can do is stay on track. Keep your eyes in it, and if it keeps progressing start on traction and or VED. There is a protocol here that you can follow.

Getting a medical grade one is best.  

Quote from: Pfract on August 01, 2022, 10:37:56 PM
s1rrah:

Hello and welcome!

I have read your entire post. The possible causes you mention more likely than not are not related at all. Especially the bending episode that was so long ago. But there is nothing wrong with what you did, in terms of trying to find reasons of why it may have this have happened.

https://malefertilityandpeyroniesclinic.com/peyronies/treatments/

Please have a look at this link. It shows the most up to date recommendations from a leading physician in the field.
What you can do is stay on track. Keep your eyes in it, and if it keeps progressing start on traction and or VED. There is a protocol here that you can follow.

Getting a medical grade one is best.

Thanks for that.  Interesting.  I was curious about all of those reasons, myself ... especially the beta blocker as I can simply not find a causal connection there although I do know it's a fact that beta blockers can frequently cause general ED as beta blockers directly act on heart rate and blood flow.  

The hernia I mention was really dramatic and was the highest on my list of possible causes though the Peyronies like symptoms did not occur until just the past few months (really) whereas function was very normal post surgery for the first year or more.  But it was indeed a dramatically advanced anguinal hernia where that entire genital region, penis and everything, swole up into an bulbous mass ... lol ... funny now not then.  It actually looked like I had two belly buttons, that's how bad the hernia was.  I have no idea what the doctor had to do to stuff my guts back in and then patch up that opening but I know the recovery was pretty painful and that the work was very close to the genital area so figured some strange scar tissue might have started "pulling" on the same connective tissues which somewhat manage an erection state and therefore, slowly causing the appearance of a bend over time.  

But post hernia surgery, 100% same old trusty body I've known well for 54 years now.  With the bend only mysteriously appearing out of nowwhere about six months back; again, I was more fascinated and curious about this than even being slightly bothered by it.

Anyway, as mentioned ... the Peyronie's like symptom of bending is impacting my life in no negative or otherwise way at all.  100% no issues with it and only appears with an erection.  But no pain, no difference when flacid, no issues urinating, etc.  So I'll just keep an eye on it and most likely will/would never seek out medical council unless it actually began causing me pain or something.

Best regards and thanks again for the word...

If you want answers, Please help us by filling in your signature block

Click here for Directions