Graft with an implant

Previous topic - Next topic

jj21

My doctor advised that on the day of surgery in the implant is leaning to one side, he may add a graft on the other side.... Has anyone had this done ?  
34 Years Old...Peyronies for 4 years. 20 Degree left and upwards curvature, major dents and narrowing, ED.

Implant + Tunica Expansion Procedure, 7th Feb 2023, Titan 22cm +1cm RTE, Partial revision 27th June 23 (fix pump, remove 10ml reservoir).

chrisaaa7

I have seen a few peoples journal on FT where they have both. From what I understand some doctors like to do it while others try not to.  
M 21 Los Angeles

Saw Urologist at USC who handles Peyronies alot and he does not believe I have it. Symptoms: soreness in flaccid state, glands do not engorge, 2 very small. indents, slight girth loss( last 2 might be mental),ED for 2.5 years

Stepone

I had a separate surgery 3 years prior to implant which was a mistake. The grafting to correct the crooked penis straightened my penis, but it also shortened my penis.
I can only speak for me, but I wish I had known about implants when I had the first surgery and I would have never had it, I would have gone straight for the implant.
StepOne  
Nesbit surgery 2015, 66 years young, Titan Implant 4/25/19, 22cm, Dr. Lentz, Duke University NC

jj21

Thanks for your responses guys, really appreciate it as this is a really big step for me.

Step one - was it the actual grafting procedure which caused the shortening? My Uro advised that the grafting would not cause shortening.

Thanks again,
J
34 Years Old...Peyronies for 4 years. 20 Degree left and upwards curvature, major dents and narrowing, ED.

Implant + Tunica Expansion Procedure, 7th Feb 2023, Titan 22cm +1cm RTE, Partial revision 27th June 23 (fix pump, remove 10ml reservoir).

Stepone

Mine was called a Nesbit.
He told me I no would not lose length, he was wrong.
This was from a surgeon in Maryland that is no longer in practice.  
Nesbit surgery 2015, 66 years young, Titan Implant 4/25/19, 22cm, Dr. Lentz, Duke University NC

AverageBloke

Nesbit plication does not involve grafting. In simple terms, plication involves placing a stitch on the tunica to straighten the penis.

Whereas, grafting involves cutting scar tissue out and stitching a graft onto the excised area.

Watch this video for more information: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ShLxqJ4X5aw
Peyronie's Disease
Titan Touch 22cm - Dr Clavell 06/04/22

jj21

AverageBloke -  Thank you for clarifying.