Help, paranoia

Previous topic - Next topic

Diram

Hi all! I want to ask a question. I'm paranoid about constantly examining my penis with my fingers for plaques, to the point of panic. Is it possible to traumatize my penis by palpation? Sometimes after palpation I get pain in different places, could it be psychosomatic?  Oh, I'm so tired already. Thank you, if someone could tell me.
If you want answers, Please help us by filling in your signature block

Click here for Directions

Jimmy123

Hello. I am no expert but I suspect that psychological issues are very common in this area. Let's face it, its a very personal and important thing to us. Fixation and obsessional behavior are not impossible! Read Dr Trost's section of this forum. His insight an knowledge are considerable. Again, i'm not an expert but I believe that pain in different places or throughout the penis is unlikely to be Peyronies Disease (see Dr. Trost). Do you have a curve or other penile deformity? Pain on erection? Pain in a consistent and limited area on palpation?
Have you read about hard flaccid syndrome? (for example). It can cause real pain due to (possibly) sustained penile muscle spasm. The cause can apparently be psychological stress. Psychosomatic I suppose but real discomfort, not imagined.
No deformity or ED. Discomfort (which is improving gradually). Months of stress preceded symptoms. Discomfort can be palpated on practically the whole penis but it comes and goes. I can't find plaque. Latest urologist doubts that it is Peyronies Disease.

Diram

The thing is, I learned about this disease a long time ago. But I didn't have many symptoms. A month ago, I felt a node at the base of the lower right, on the cavernous body, right at the junction of the cavernous and spongy body. Near the scrotum. The node is immobile, like a grain of rice, it seems that after a month the node has become smaller. Sometimes there is pain when erecting in different places, sometimes there is no pain. When flaccid, there is often pain at the base, at the tip from below. Started noticing pain deep in the base on the left side when doing Kegel exercises or when sitting on the toilet and straining the muscles to poop, the pain is only when straining for a couple of seconds. Now I'm paranoid after finding this node, I'm afraid there will be more nodes, and I'm constantly exploring the penis, it's psychologically hard
If you want answers, Please help us by filling in your signature block

Click here for Directions

Jimmy123

Its really not for me to say but do you really think your symptoms indicate Peyronies Disease? Seems possibly not. Your last paragraph is possibly key here. Seen a doctor?  
No deformity or ED. Discomfort (which is improving gradually). Months of stress preceded symptoms. Discomfort can be palpated on practically the whole penis but it comes and goes. I can't find plaque. Latest urologist doubts that it is Peyronies Disease.