Waking up from nightmares about peyronies

Previous topic - Next topic

ruff

Still even almost a month post op of a successful surgery, I'm waking up with night sweats and nightmares about peyronies. This started maybe 1 year before the surgery and started getting much worse closer to the surgery date. I've probably had 20-30 of them now. Nightmares are usually about the surgery: anxiety from the surgery, being in the operating room, or having a curve again or deformity from surgery. Any advice on how to deal with this? I'm too embarrassed to even talk about this disease or surgery to my own therapist. This disease is so psychologically traumatizing.

On a funny side note, im typing this after waking up from my most recent nightmare. It was about having an hourglass after surgery. And the reason for ending up with an hour glass is because I agreed to have dr levines fellow do the Plication procedure instead of dr Levine himself. The funny thing is, dr levines fellow was jack harlow (the rapper). He was dancing around singing while I was crying over my hourglass. The subconscious is a crazy place.
Date of Onset: 2014
Symptoms: Down and left curve 60+ degrees
Treatment: Plication surgery with Levine in 2022 after failed stem cell, traction, shockwave, and other treatments.
Current Status: Now straight. Here to help.

chrisaaa7

What helped me is just having the "whatever happens, happens" mindset. No one has control over this disease and as long as you try your best that's all you can do. Worrying all the time about this is not going to help. Try not to think about it all the time , and just say "f*** it" you can't live life worrying about something that hasn't happened yet
M 21 Los Angeles

Saw Urologist at USC who handles Peyronies alot and he does not believe I have it. Symptoms: soreness in flaccid state, glands do not engorge, 2 very small. indents, slight girth loss( last 2 might be mental),ED for 2.5 years

ruff

Quote from: chrisaaa7 on July 04, 2022, 01:49:54 AM
What helped me is just having the "whatever happens, happens" mindset. No one has control over this disease and as long as you try your best that's all you can do. Worrying all the time about this is not going to help. Try not to think about it all the time , and just say "f*** it" you can't live life worrying about something that hasn't happened yet

That's a good mindset. Will try to incorporate it. Thank you.
Treatment: Plication surgery with Levine in 2022 after failed stem cell, traction, shockwave, and other treatments.

chrisaaa7

Happy to help! You can always private message me for support
M 21 Los Angeles

Saw Urologist at USC who handles Peyronies alot and he does not believe I have it. Symptoms: soreness in flaccid state, glands do not engorge, 2 very small. indents, slight girth loss( last 2 might be mental),ED for 2.5 years

20yo

im sorry to hear about your stress. it's great that your surgery was successful tho! looking back at it i probably should have done just surgery instead of other treatments. so props to you.

also jack harlow dancing in the op room is hilarious hahahah
20 yo, Peyronies Disease 2020(55 degrees down) + congenital curve
loss of length, stable erection, sensation. hourglassing
antioxidants, hyaluronic acid injected & oral, maybe Yachia in future
Recently started VED 2x a week
Still wants sex and a relationship

ruff

Quote from: 20yo on July 06, 2022, 06:50:21 AM
im sorry to hear about your stress. it's great that your surgery was successful tho! looking back at it i probably should have done just surgery instead of other treatments. so props to you.

also jack harlow dancing in the op room is hilarious hahahah

Thanks. I made the mistake in the beginning of doing too many risky alternative procedures before surgery such as stem cell which made me worse. So you aren't alone. I see this to be a very common problem. Everyone is trying to avoid surgery and going with these alternative treatments whether it be xaiflex, stem cell, prp, shockwave, and not realizing that these procedures are often even MORE risky and much less successful than surgery. The good news is that surgery can still be successful after these treatments, so keep your head up man. Theres light at the end of the tunnel.