News:

Welcome to the Peyronies Forum

New to group

Previous topic - Next topic

Teddan

Introduction
I am 62 and diagnosed with Peyronies Disease.  I have had Peyronies Disease at least 3 years.  I have about a 60 degree curve upward.
Tried Restorex no success.  
Am currently doing Xiaflex.  First round of shot complete.  My doctor felt plaque, no ultrasound, no numbing for shots, and no wrap afterward.  Shots not that bad.  Had a little swelling after second shot.
Have not seen the EOB for payment.  I am a bit worried about amount of coverage.
Emotionally this is a challenge.  
Happily married.
If you want answers, Please help us by filling in your signature block

Click here for Directions

PeyroniKirai

Hello Teddan and welcome to the Forum.  

It sounds like you are dealing with Peyronie's well, although if I'm bluntly honest, the doctor sounds like he may be on the hasty side when it comes to giving you the needle.  It sounds a bit cavalier to give you Xiaflex injections when he could feel no plaque and has not examined you with ultrasound.  

By the way, we can help you better on this form if you will fill out your profile with a little more detail.

You say you have a 60-degree curve "upward", but I'm not clear if this is a blocker to sex.  Some women might even appreciate that curve as it could make your head hit their G-spot better than a straight rod.  However, if you have trouble achieving erection, or if the erection isn't firm, or, worse, if there is hinging or some kind of strangulation of the circumference of your penis, then that is obviously a problem.  Similarly, if the curve is making the erection too weak to withstand thrusting during sex, that is also potentially a problem.

Please give us some more information about your condition and how the curve is bothering you or affecting your sex life.  Agree that Peyronie's is an emotional challenge.  No one likes to have something go wrong in their bodies or their lives, but for men, when the thing that goes wrong is the penis, it can be devastating.  That devastation is what we in this Forum are trying to ameliorate, so you're in the right place.

All the best,
PK
Age 64, Peyronie's history 4 years, left side hourglass, 20-degree bend to left, no ED