What does a failed Lue procedure 'look like'?

Previous topic - Next topic

marmitejim

Thanks again to everyone working on this forum. It really helps!

I have had Peyronie's disease for about 3 years now which has stablised. I have curvature (upwards) of over 90 degrees and shortening of the penis when erect by about 40%. I have a strip of hard plaque about 1cm wide that runs all the way up the top side of the penis.

I have been referred to Professor David Ralph at University College London and I have had an initial assessment by one of his colleagues where it was agreed that the Nesbit's procedure was not appropriate and that the Lue procedure was recommended.

I then had a follow up call with his colleague where I asked some questions about the procedure and I am due to have the operation 'at some point this year'.

His colleague was obviously rushed for time (probably due to the backlog caused by Covid) and so I was unable to ask all the questions I wished to. Hopefully I will be able to arrange another call with him.

I was told that the operation was unsuccessful around 30% of the time (I don't like those odds!!) and if so it would result in impotence.

But my question is this; what does an unsuccessful Lue procedure 'look like'? By which I mean, what is the shape of the penis when it has healed?

Currently it is bent into a 'C' shape like the attached scribble I have drawn "pre-lue.png". I am told the procedure involves a single cut horizontally through the plaque (and maybe with some snipping around it). If it is just a single cut then surely the curvature will remain but in two parts? Kind of like a 'W' shape on its end.

If the procedure is unsuccessful does that mean there will be a bulge like the attached scribble I have drawn in "failed-lue.png"? And is rupture likely?

If anyone knows the answer to this or can link me to further information that would be greatly appreciated.
Peyronie's Disease for about 3 years (June 2022) now stable.
90° curvature upwards. Shortening by 40% when erect. 1 cm width strip of plaque running along the top side.
Age 50. Smoker. Otherwise relatively fit. Lue procedure recommended.

marmitejim

90° curvature upwards. Shortening by 40% when erect. 1 cm width strip of plaque running along the top side.

blex

Okay, but there are two issues with this post imho.
The first is, that it is just copy pasted text from your other post, just with a different topic and question at the end.
I think you should have consolidated them into one post and asked both questions there, to avoid cluttering the board.

The other is, that the question itself does not make very much sense.
Because a failure can look different in many ways:

As I said in the other post, the W shape is a possibility, as are other kinds of buldges.
Or the curvature still looks like a C shape, but with a lesser angle.
Or the curvature could be gone first and reoccur later.
Or you get an Erectile Dysfunction.
Or a combination of two or more of these.
36 years old, married
---
Symptoms since trauma in July 21:
First calcified nodule in septum near glans
Multiple calcified plaques developed on top
Pain (flaccid/erect), 75° upwards curvature, hourglassing
---
Nothing helped, looking for surgery now

marmitejim

Thanks again Blex.

imho a different question would constitute a different topic :)
I've found from other forums that if you ask more than one question at once the responses can get somewhat muddled.

I do appreciate your response though. It is helpful