Xiaflex injection process

Previous topic - Next topic

Teddan

I have started injections.  What is experience with dr doing ultrasound vs just feeling for plaque?  My doctor says he can feel it and did injection.  No numbing pain not bad.  Very little swelling or bruising.  Faithfull with stretching and also using restorex.

Just wondering about the protocol and no ultrasound.  
If you want answers, Please help us by filling in your signature block

Click here for Directions

john.doe.550

Teddan, ultrsound is not necessary. It can be determined by hand examination when plaque quantity, size, & locaons decrease. Good you had no swelling in recent injections. I had many Xiaflex injections and caan report that swelling and bruising varied. Sometimes swelling and  bruising  were minimal. Other times these conditions were severe. Also, someimes Xiaflex performed noticeable plaque decrease in 5 to 14 days. Other times it did nothing. It seemed to work better and more consistently in later injections. However,  this experience is different for different patients and various  doctors.
Age: 65. Peyronies Disease in MAR 2019. 90 dgree upward curve.. Immediate &  severe. Xiaflex, APR 2019 to early 2021, slow but minor improvement through 2021. Incisional corporoplasty surgery completed in late 2022.