Peyronies Society Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to J Francois Eid, MD - Directly answering member questions in the "Medical Professionals" section below the Treatment boards.
https://www.peyroniesforum.net/index.php/topic,17819.0.html

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Xiaflex injection process  (Read 99 times)

Teddan

• Voting Member
Xiaflex injection process
« on: June 21, 2022, 08:46:04 AM »

I have started injections.  What is experience with dr doing ultrasound vs just feeling for plaque?  My doctor says he can feel it and did injection.  No numbing pain not bad.  Very little swelling or bruising.  Faithfull with stretching and also using restorex.

Just wondering about the protocol and no ultrasound. 

john.doe.550

• Voting Member
Re: Xiaflex injection process
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2022, 12:24:12 AM »

Teddan, ultrsound is not necessary. It can be determined by hand examination when plaque quantity, size, & locaons decrease. Good you had no swelling in recent injections. I had many Xiaflex injections and caan report that swelling and bruising varied. Sometimes swelling and  bruising  were minimal. Other times these conditions were severe. Also, someimes Xiaflex performed noticeable plaque decrease in 5 to 14 days. Other times it did nothing. It seemed to work better and more consistently in later injections. However,  this experience is different for different patients and various  doctors.
Age: 62;  Peyronies Disease diagnoses: MAR 2019;  Onset: Immediate & severe;  Treatment: Xiaflex, APR 2019 to early 2021, slow & steady improvement w/ notable Xiaflex improvement through 2021. Anticipate plication in early 2022.
Pages: [1]   Go Up