Seems more prevalent than I thought

Previous topic - Next topic

khasselbach

Hello. I'm 37 yo and I was diagnosed after a traumatic intercourse experience. Penis wasn't hard enough (drinking) and bent hard on a thrust. Could've used more lube too. Honestly thought I fractured it. Felt like a large painful nodule in mid shaft. No change in color. Went to urologist immediately and thought it could've been Mondor's but a bit early for Peyronie's plaque. No clinical signs of fracture.  In retrospect, I actually remember feeling a plaque in my penis while taking a piss before this injury, but it was smaller. I think I've had the disease for a while and the most recent traumatic episode in December was a reinjury. Makes me wonder how many people walking around with plaques subclinically.
Anyways, first thing my uro recommended was RestoreX and that was hard to use til I read the forum and somebody recommended using makeup pads. Game changer.
Starting taking the basic supplements. Also in my urology appointment my blood pressure was 170/110 so I went back to my PCP and got evaluated. Tried to eat healthier and exercise but eventually started on Losartan after recording high pressure at home. Eventually prescribed Pentox but haven't taken it more than a week so far. Been putting a red light on the plaque during traction to help break down the fibrosis.
I just got a VED and trying some different topicals after traction. Considering DMSO but not the Thacker formula. Hesitant to mix DMSO with various agents but I bought a text on it so may start trying it out. Applying castor oil at night. Quit drinking alcohol recently and it's been hard to quit Zyn, but nicotine is a vasoconstrictor so certainly not helping anything.
Nodule is getting smaller and less painful. Sex and masturbation were near impossible first 1-2 months after injury but that's slowly getting better. Dorsal deformity seems to be improving as well but it's hard to tell without a consistent sexual partner.
If you made it this far, I'm impressed. Thanks for reading and to everybody sharing information.

-Karl
37 yo diagnosed Dec 2021 after trauma. Palpable nodule and dorsal curvature when erect (haven't measured).
RestoreX with red light. VED with Mg oil spray 
Pentox, Losartan, CoQ10, serrapeptase, Vit E, Arginine/Citrulline
Quit alcohol, Zyn

chrisaaa7

Hey Man, sorry to hear about your situation, there is a lot of useful information on this forum that can help. Everyone's story/experience/recovery is different but by doing some research I'm sure you can find some things to help you. Good luck !  
M 21 Los Angeles

Saw Urologist at USC who handles Peyronies alot and he does not believe I have it. Symptoms: soreness in flaccid state, glands do not engorge, 2 very small. indents, slight girth loss( last 2 might be mental),ED for 2.5 years

Hawk

Welcome to the forum khasselbach.  You have clearly been doing some reading if you found Thacker's Formula.  I never put any stock in that.

I want to salute you for filling in your signature line.  How refreshing that was to see.  A generally healthy lifestyle is just a no-brainer so keep that up.

When you mention "red light" do you mean an LED?  Where did you get it and who suggested it?

Hawk
Founder/Administrator
Prostatectomy 2004, radiation 2009, currently 70 yrs old
After pills, injections, VED - Dr Eid, Titan 22cm implant 8/7/18
Hawk - Updated 10/27/18 - Peyronies Society Forums