Implant

Previous topic - Next topic

Rica1991

Hello,

I hope your all well. It's been a long year and half.

Seems like I am now considering an implant more than any other treatment.

I have 45 degree curvature with one indent + 50% narrowing on top dorsal side with no Erectile Dysfunction. (Since I stopped doing traction the curvature went back to 45 degrees) I've lost so much girth and incision and grafting alone won't get that back.

Two urologists have suggested just to straighten it with one incision which I find myself believing that alone won't make me happy.  I just can't imagine what it'll look like after.

I think it's better to get an implant with incision and grafting in my case. Whats your thoughts?  

Some questions below.

1. When having intercourse with an implant, does your glans expand?
2. I'm an active guy that plays football & likes to surf, will I have to give that all up?

Thank you to AverageBloke for recently sharing your experience and everyone else that has done so.

30yrs old
Started late 2020, 46 degree dorsal curvature
dent on right side which is painful when erect
narrowing on the dorsal, No ED
Been suggested incision & grafting by two urologists

Stepone

I am sorry you have to go through this. We have all been there and it can be very depressing.
I seriously suggest you read as many of other men's journals on this site as you can. We have all experienced very similar issues as you, but we also have different experiences too.
Please read our journals and this will answer in detail many questions.
I personally would not consider any incision surgeries as it may straighten your penis, but it will most likely shorten your penis and not help the narrowing or indentation.
Depending upon you consult with a HIGH VOLUME implant surgeon, you may not need grafting. A HIGH VOLUME implant doctor is crucial to a successful surgery.
You will find all your answers on others journals, but a quick answer to
1. Yes, if your glan swells now, it will swell after an implant.
2. I am not so sure about football, others have asked this, but surfing seems possible, but I do neither, so I am not familiar with what has been written about contact sports, but I think there may be some limitations.
I guess based on your findings, you will have to consider what is more important, sex or high impact sports? But it could be you can do both with reasonable protection.
Hope this helps and start READING OUR JOURNALS!
StepOne  
Nesbit surgery 2015, 66 years young, Titan Implant 4/25/19, 22cm, Dr. Lentz, Duke University NC

Rica1991

Thank you! Will do.  
30yrs old

Hawk

You are young for an implant IF you get good erections, and you do.  You are guaranteed to need a revision or two unless you die young.

Are you sure you have thoroughly researched all other surgical options?  We have had men who had excision and grafting with good results.  There is a decent chance one surgery would have you in good shape for life even if you felt you needed so traction or VED well after surgery.

I am not suggesting you should do nothing or that you should not have an implant.  Just consider other surgeries or more traction first.

If you do get an implant, the fact that you can get erections would mean you would have the best of all worlds with excellent erection of the glans and spongiosum.
Prostatectomy 2004, radiation 2009, currently 70 yrs old
After pills, injections, VED - Dr Eid, Titan 22cm implant 8/7/18
Hawk - Updated 10/27/18 - Peyronies Society Forums

Rica1991

Thank you Hawk! I really appreciate this response. I will give it some thought.

On another note, check out this: https://www.theguardian.com/science/2022/may/05/dupuytrens-disease-hand-finger-bending-treatment-clinical-trial-oxford-university

Seen has Xiaflex was used for dupuytrens maybe this new breakthrough might help peyronie's.

Who knows!

Anyway, I'll be back after I've read all the journals and see what other options are there but heading towards an implant for now. Thanks for the help!

30yrs old

philtered

I'd give it a year of VED and restorex traction if i were you. If i'd got my 85 degree bend down to 45 and no ED i wouldn't have gone for the implant option. If you still get decent erections keep trying every option available first. Good luck.
AGE 59
Acute since  Dec 2017
VED, traction & supplements
Went from 30 degree curve to 80 during acute stage  stabilized since May 2019
Curvature calculated at 80 degrees by Dr Ralph from emailed photo.
Titan  22cm with 1cm RTE's Prof ralph Feb 2022

Rica1991

Quote from: philtered on May 17, 2022, 03:46:56 PM
  I'd give it a year of VED and restorex traction if i were you. If i'd got my 85 degree bend down to 45 and no Erectile Dysfunction i wouldn't have gone for the implant option. If you still get decent erections keep trying every option available first. Good luck.

Hello, thank you for your comment. I've thought about it and the reason why I think an implant would be good in my case is because of the narrowing and the 'Notching' deformity.

One urologist said he could fix it all but I'm finding that hard to believe and said I have a 10% chance of Erectile Dysfunction after surgery and I just don't believe. Wish I did.

My family suggest incision and grafting but I'm the one looking down at it everyday.

I don't think I can deal with giving it another year. I've already refrained from sexual actively for a year now and it's causing me mental health issues + the VED caused me more problems when I used it. It's made me feel really insecure about using it.

I know that i'll need to few revisions which I don't really care about that tbh unless there is some sort of issue with having it replanted?

I do use PMP again which helps I think. I'm actually seeing Mr Ralph soon so maybe my decision might be swayed.

The implant sounds like at least I'd have a nice outcome which will be enjoyable?  

And if I just had a curve then i'd without a doubt go for grafting but because of the narrowing/notching, theres a 40% chance of having Erectile Dysfunction. I know it's 40% but the urologist said it'll still be 10% chance with sorting out all my issues (Do I believe?)

What's your thoughts with that?

I watched this video and thought that's what I need: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M3lUzQFhfoU&t=1807s (Play from 42min-in)

Thought that plays in my head iEVERYDAY is do I have this incision/grafting and will I be happy with the outcome? or have an implant. Lets hope Ralph gives me some good advice. Sorry to go on, just have no one that I can talk to.  

Appreciate it.

30yrs old

chrisaaa7

I'm not 100% sure but with a good surgeon I don't think it's 40% chance of ED. That seems way too high.
M 21 Los Angeles

Saw Urologist at USC who handles Peyronies alot and he does not believe I have it. Symptoms: soreness in flaccid state, glands do not engorge, 2 very small. indents, slight girth loss( last 2 might be mental),ED for 2.5 years

Rica1991

VERY true but when your paying, you don't know if they just want your money or telling the truth.
Hence why I'm seeing Ralph, I think he'll be realistic with me.
I feel like making this decision is like jumping over a building and if you make it, you'll be okay. That's why I'm reaching out. Seem like the decision is crucial.
45 degrees, you still have to be cautious in my experience (With intercourse).. When I lay down it's worse I feel, I have to stand up all the time.
Done with it and the narrowing.
If Ralph say incision and grafting, I'll go with that but if he suggests Nesbit, I'm going for an implant, I've seen just amazing results with that.. there's hardly no images of after pictures with incision and grafting and no surgeon gives you any expectations which is understandable.
If I didn't have narrowing I'll be okay with incision but... dam, unless some surgeon can persuade me, it's an implant for me. Definitely not losing length with nesbit.    
30yrs old

chrisaaa7

Yeah very understandable. This decision should be made on whatever you think is best for you and if that means an implant then get it. The incision and grafting surgery can fix your curve but there is still risk. If you do not want to take the risk then just go with the implant. I would still consult with a few well known doctors and see there opinion before making a final decision.  
M 21 Los Angeles

Saw Urologist at USC who handles Peyronies alot and he does not believe I have it. Symptoms: soreness in flaccid state, glands do not engorge, 2 very small. indents, slight girth loss( last 2 might be mental),ED for 2.5 years

Rica1991

Thing is, I'm willing to take that risk but not with narrowing.

My mind just tells me complications and disaffection or even if successful, it'll be a little shorter (wouldn't care) with narrowing still and notching (which i do care about) .. Like with just straightening help with notching? Well confused.

One urologist contradicted another urologist i saw.. one said they can fix all and the other said they can just straighten it otherwise you'll need meds.  

That's why I'm like just give me an implant. I just see positives.

I'm now waiting for Ralph before anything.  
30yrs old

Stepone

I had a Nesbit and it corrected the 90 degree bend and fixed the hinge.
But the price I paid was to lose two inches in length and a good 1/2 inch in girth.
The Nesbit fixed my penis but shrunk it.
I wished I had gotten the implant and not the Nesbit.
The implant did restore some of my length, but not all.
The implant did give me increased girth.
My spouse loves the increased girth.
StepOne  
Nesbit surgery 2015, 66 years young, Titan Implant 4/25/19, 22cm, Dr. Lentz, Duke University NC

Rica1991

Thank you all...

Because I don't know what urologist to have. Two urologists suggested two different outcomes. That's why I've turned to an implant.

I don't mind having surgeries done but i want to try my best to avoid complications and having to keep having surgeries UNLESS the outcome would allow me to enjoy a sexual life again hence why I think an implant wouldn't be that bad.

If I had one incision and grafting surgery done and it was successful i'd be happy with that but if that fails and I get Erectile Dysfunction, then I'll have shortening which means my implant would be smaller? + wait another 6 months for an implant.  

So, it's between these two below if I were considering the safest approach and best outcome with incision and grafting. It's really hard to choose because of the narrowing.  

A. Have one incision to correct the curvature and that might help with some of the narrowing. He doesn't want to risk making large incisions because that increases Erectile Dysfunction. 10% chance of Erectile Dysfunction he said with this.

B. Said he can fix all and 10% of Erectile Dysfunction

* I'm just under 6 inches erect without bend but my flaccid state is small. In terms with loss of length with an implant how much do you reckon I could lose? Does flaccid state affect the outcome with an implant?

Sorry for all this but my mental state is a bit warn out because next month I want to undergo surgery. This is all helping me a LOT!

30yrs old