You Can Do It!

Previous topic - Next topic

chrisaaa7

Hey guys just want to shed some positivity and encouragement on this forum! First of all, thanks to everyone who helped create this forum and/or continues to work on it and help others out. This disease can make you feel very lonely and having somewhere to come to in order to get support and advice helps a ton! One of the most important things when battling peyronies is winning the mental game. Staying positive is very difficult but it is crucial when trying to get past this.

When I thought I originally thought I had peyronies my anxiety went through the roof. I would constantly check erections and constantly think about very negative things. The most important thing is to stay positive and enjoy the little things in life. I understand no one wants this disease and everyone will try to do whatever they can to fix it , and during the recovery process it is important to know that you are doing eveythung you can!

They're women out there who are supportive and who don't always need penetrative sex. I know peyronies is a BIG bump in the road but winning the mental game, staying positive, learning more, decreasing your anxiety, will all help in the long run.

I know this isn't exactly a question or anything like that but just wanted to share this, and for anyone who is struggling right now you can always message me!  
M 21 Los Angeles

Saw Urologist at USC who handles Peyronies alot and he does not believe I have it. Symptoms: soreness in flaccid state, glands do not engorge, 2 very small. indents, slight girth loss( last 2 might be mental),ED for 2.5 years

PeyroniKirai

Hello chrisaaa7,

Thanks for this encouraging and uplifting message.  I completely agree with you that staying positive is the most important thing with Peyronie's (and in fact with life itself!).  
I occasionally read comments on this Forum from people who write as if Peyronies Disease were a death sentence.  It's definitely not.  As you point out, hard, deep penetration is not the only thing women want from a sexual relationship - and in fact this is something every man will eventually have to deal with if he wishes to remain sexually active into his 70s, 80s and 90s or beyond.  
 I am not trying to deny that Peyronie's has the potential to bring sadness and pain.  I am agreeing with your observation that staying positive is the first step to staying happy with Peyronie's.  Good call, keep up the good work.
Age 64, Peyronie's history 4 years, left side hourglass, 20-degree bend to left, no ED

chrisaaa7

Of course! I 100% agree that you can be upset and mad/sad at your situation but to only dwell on it will not improve anything. They're many treatment options that help and work, and even if nothing works for you, an implant is always a last resort option and usually very successful.  
M 21 Los Angeles

Saw Urologist at USC who handles Peyronies alot and he does not believe I have it. Symptoms: soreness in flaccid state, glands do not engorge, 2 very small. indents, slight girth loss( last 2 might be mental),ED for 2.5 years