Not finding it easy

Previous topic - Next topic

Jimmy123

I can't seem to find any answers. Have an intermittent irritated feeling dorsally and hard flaccid. Urologist said a few months ago that there's a "good chance" it's Peyronies Disease. Thing is, both 'muscles' feel sore if palpated during the day. No ultrasound was done.

I can't see any curve or find a plaque. This all started after a tiny dose of propranolol taken on only two days for anxiety in November. It caused ED for three weeks.... Wish I had not taken it. This has multiplied my anxiety by 1000! Was a completely inappropriate medicine for me. Feel very worried and down. Wonder, if it is Peyronies Disease, how long the irritation will last for.
No deformity or ED. Discomfort (which is improving gradually). Months of stress preceded symptoms. Discomfort can be palpated on practically the whole penis but it comes and goes. I can't find plaque. Latest urologist doubts that it is Peyronies Disease.

Hawk

Jimmy,

Since you posted on this board, I assume you are looking at what you can do to help your stress levels rather than discussing solutions for your physical issue.  Those you can discuss in more detail on the other boards.  First of all, you cannot assume that because you did something for two days, that is the cause.  It is possible and even likely that it had nothing to do with your condition.

You have to look at your issues as two somewhat related issues.  They are the physical and the emotional/psychological.  The facts are clear.  What we think affects our emotions (anger, fear, anxiety, joy, optimism).  The same event can cause two opposite reactions if seen in two different ways. For example, a driver speeding and cutting you off can evoke anger if you think he is just a selfish jerk or compassion if you have reason to think he is rushing to his seriously injured child in a hospital.  The event is the same. It is the thought that makes the difference.

In addition to what we think, we are affected by the amount of thought we put into a topic.  If we ruminate negative thoughts over and over, our mind is being assaulted without a break.  The solution is to change how we think and directly address the amount of ruminating we subject our minds to.  It requires learning news and habits, so it takes some work.  The good news is that the work pays off with far better emotional health.  In addition, we learn a skill we can apply to hundreds of life's difficulties.  

If you assume your mind is dependent on your physical improvement, you are wrong.  Not only are you wrong, but you will avoid fixing the half that is causing the most disruption in your life.  Spend one week daily here --> www.insighttimer.com learning to control your mind, and you will begin to see results.  

If you want to learn how to master your happiness and peace of mind better, sign up for this free Yale Course and do it at your pace.  Link--> https://www.coursera.org/learn/the-science-of-well-being?fbclid=IwAR2eJ4IUorZSpVc5mh4ThQwygogR9kVFo4MUWZuByo3yoMfM7rfu0AwaElQ

If you avoid solutions because you are too stressed to do them, it is like having a heart attack and being too stressed to call an ambulance.  You have to take enough control to start the process that will help you.   If you feel you can't,  then at least find a GOOD Cognitive Behavioural Therapist (CBT)

Good luck, and keep us posted here about what you are doing and how it is going.
Prostatectomy 2004, radiation 2009, currently 70 yrs old
After pills, injections, VED - Dr Eid, Titan 22cm implant 8/7/18
Hawk - Updated 10/27/18 - Peyronies Society Forums

Jimmy123

Thank you very much Hawk. I appreciate your insight.
No deformity or ED. Discomfort (which is improving gradually). Months of stress preceded symptoms. Discomfort can be palpated on practically the whole penis but it comes and goes. I can't find plaque. Latest urologist doubts that it is Peyronies Disease.

Jimmy123

Hawk

I know you did, Jimmy.  I was not suggesting you did not.  I just wanted to separate the two battles most men have to manage physical/psychological for readers.  

Jimmy123

Thanks Hawk. Only respect from me
and I am probably looking for certainty that doesn't exist.

Hawk

Well, Jimmy, there is more certainty in fixing our psychological issues than there is with most Peyronies Disease treatments.