Inflammation questions

Previous topic - Next topic

bentoboy

I have several questions regarding inflammation:

• how do you know that penis is inflammed? (Redness, warm, or something else?)

• how don you stop inflammation? (I've been taking Pentox but it doesn't seem to be working, what about ibuprofen? Traction and VED don't stop inflammation, so I thought that I probably should combine it with something else as I'm getting more and more plagues for no reason )

Thanks  
27 y. o. Peyronies since 2020: S curvature with the top part tilting to the left - 15*. Multiple nodules and scarring on each side, mild hourglassing. Getting worse every few months, losing width. Normal penile function. Enlarged veins.

PeyroniKirai

Hello cyrilt,
Not trying to be funny here, but if you had inflammation in your penis you would likely know it.  Inflammation is most typically accompanied with swelling, redness, pain, and sensations of heat or itchiness.  With an inflammation of the penis, the affected area could also be in the urethra, which could cause leakage of urine and most likely pain upon urination.
If the inflammation is very minor, or has just started recently, you might not have any of those symptoms.  So the question is, do you suspect that you have an inflammation?  Why?

Was Pentox prescribed by a doctor?  What for?  
Pentox has been found effective in increasing arterial blood flow with no serious side effects found, at least in some of the studies.  However, erectile dysfunction is complicated and may be caused by many different factors, alone or in combination.  Pentox is not necessarily a wonder drug for ED.  I suggest you read up on Pentox, starting with the link below.

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/8777618/#:~:text=No%20serious%20side%2Deffects%20occurred,in%20the%20treatment%20of%20impotence.
Age 64, Peyronie's history 4 years, left side hourglass, 20-degree bend to left, no ED

bentoboy

Hi there, many thanks for the response!

Well, I don't have any of the symptoms you mentioned. The only possible symptom could be occasional sensation of heat, but it is hard to know if it's limited to penis or to the whole body (or perhaps that sensation of heat is completely normal and it is not inflammation but healthy blood flow or something)

I'm asking about inflammation because I don't understand when I have it and how I could possibly identify it. I've never had any pain and even when getting new plaques I didn't experience any new sensations or anything

Regarding Pentox, it was prescribed by my urologist upon my request. I've read some posts about it reducing inflammation and improving the plaques in some cases so wanted to try. As it doesn't have serious side effects, I decided to try it out as I've been getting new plaques every 2-3 months and failed to find any explanation for this.  
27 y. o. Peyronies since 2020: S curvature with the top part tilting to the left - 15*. Multiple nodules and scarring on each side, mild hourglassing. Getting worse every few months, losing width. Normal penile function. Enlarged veins.