News:

Welcome to the Peyronies Forum

Hello, new here.

Previous topic - Next topic

FrankPD

Hello, I'm new here, 46.  I'll just explain.  My diagnosis is five months old now.  I have plaque at the upper right side of my penis. When I went to the urologist in January, he told me I have Peyronie's. He suggested I use vitamin E cream twice a day. I was feeling more discomfort than anything and using the cream though the plaque has soften up and the discomfort only lingers a little bit.  I actually started feeling better four days after using the cream.  Nothing like I was feeling in the beginning. On my follow up visit he said I have to use the cream for the rest of my life, the plaque don't go away.  I've done so much homework on this, and a lot of reading says the urologist will only move forward with other treatments if the case is more severe.

I've always had an erection that was slanted a little to the left and downward. There is no curving.  I've always had the hourglassing far as long as I can remember.  Using the vitamin E cream, I do notice though the hourglassing is a little more dented.  I did notice my penis looks like it has a little more girth or maybe it's just shrinking?  

After using the cream for two months I asked my medical doctor for a second opinion. I just showed him the pictures and he said to continue using the vitamin E cream. I guess what I'm asking is a possible I have something other than Peyronie's?

I don't know if there's any slight cases of this disease, the way I am as of now doesn't seem nearly as bad compared to what you guys are experiencing.  It's horrifying, I'm sorry this disease exists.

Comments please, thanks.
I have a girlfriend
Age 48, No injury
Diagnosis January 2022  
Six plaques
Hourglassing when flaccid and semi-erect
Only have my congenital curve
Massaging with vitamin E cream twice a day 
5mg Tadalafil, Healthy diet
Discomfort/aching sometimes

Hawk

Welcome to the forum, Frank!

The old saying is that anything is possible.  I will give you my strongly asserted opinion that any urologist who would give you vitamin E cream and send you out of the office knows nothing about Peyronies Disease

If you saw any improvement after the vitamin E cream, it was a coincidence, OR there is a slight chance the massage had some benefit.  There is no chance vitamin E penetrates the skin and makes it to the tunics.  Even if it did, there is zero medical evidence that it would make any difference.

I am not sure where you are located but find a doctor specializing in Peyronies Disease or male sexual health, not a urologist who treats female bladder infections and kidney stones and deals with a few cases of Peyronies Disease when they come in.

The first things you need to do is read this carefully LINK -->https://www.peyroniesforum.net/index.php/topic,3180.0.html
AND
Fill in your signature line so we can remember the details of your case.  You will get better answers to your questions and same us all a lot of repetitive typing.                                                    
-LINK-> https://www.peyroniesforum.net/index.php/topic,10819.0.html

Hawk
Foounder/Administrator
Prostatectomy 2004, radiation 2009, currently 70 yrs old
After pills, injections, VED - Dr Eid, Titan 22cm implant 8/7/18
Hawk - Updated 10/27/18 - Peyronies Society Forums

FrankPD

Thanks!  I was thinking of asking my medical doctor for a referral for a urologist he knows. I will definitely check out the links. I'm glad I found this place because I only told one friend about this and I really feel like I need to communicate with people who are dealing with it.  Thanks so much!
I have a girlfriend
Age 48, No injury
Diagnosis January 2022  
Six plaques
Hourglassing when flaccid and semi-erect
Only have my congenital curve
Massaging with vitamin E cream twice a day 
5mg Tadalafil, Healthy diet
Discomfort/aching sometimes