From the Women

Previous topic - Next topic

sangha

Yet another watershed in the Peyronies Disease affected relationship.  I was told to "put that on the forum for your mates".  I think she thinks I spend more time here than I do.

Some history.  I'm 57 so is she.  For some years before my problems she had serious problems keeping up, lost libido completely with all the symptoms, dryness etc.  Water-based lube stung her and oil/silicon avoided because of other complications.  I was not happy and neither was she.  Then Peyronies Disease came along with ED thrown in.  The crap hit the fan about a year ago for me and PD5 blockers work to a point but loss of size and being a soft at end doesn't do it for her.  So where is this going?

Well after a big argument about something completely unrelated we ended up on the your libido Vs your dick problem thing which in the end was what was simmering behind it all anyway.  So after a lot of tears we came to a decision to take the pressure off ourselves and have a "moratorium" on penetrative sex for a while.

She said that although sex has been great for our 35 years marriage, that if we never f'~c<+d again she would stay with me and support me...as long as she was emotionally supported.  She said to tell those forum guys that women want emotional support over physical support, particularly post menopause.  If the emotional side isn't there they will leave looking for it even if they end up with some other guy with a dick problem!

Thought this worth dumping here.

LWillisjr

I think this a great post and a good reminder that there are other complications that arise as we get older. Your key point is that "there were underlying issues" the you were both avoiding and then able to discuss with each other.
Developed peyronies 2007 - 70 degree dorsal curve
Traction/MEDs/Injections/Surgery 2008 16 years Peyronies free now
My History