Getting a Non Inflatble Malleable Implant done in 3 weeks - Rigicon (Rigi 10)

Previous topic - Next topic

rock4321

Age - 46.
What did your medical doctor conclude - To do a Penile Implant & some incision. Plication not suggested as it would give instability & shorten length & not remove hourglass.
How long have you had symptoms - 25 months (Since March 2020).
What are your symptoms - 75/80 degree dorsal sideways Curvature, Hour Glass & developed partial ED.
What treatments have you tried and what were the results - VED & Traction device for 5 months, Vitamin E & Q10 medication.
Do you have insurance or means to get medical treatment - No medical insurance for Penile Prosthesis in India as on April 2022.
Where are you in dealing with the psychological aspects of Peyronies Disease - Was fine till come of months back but extremely bothered now with no SEX life.
Are you in a relationship - Married.
Reasons for Peyronies - Not sure but anything between Beta Blocker or Finasteride medicines.

My Query;

Confused which one to get between Malleable Non Inflatable brands - Tactra, Rigicon Rigi 10 & Shah Indian Implant. (Though doctors in India recommend the Indian one) But I want Girth, Length & Hardness.
46yrs old, Married, Started Mar 2020
?caused by Beta Blocker or Finasteride?
Tried VED/Traction for 5 mo, Vit E & Q10
Dr. Recommends Malleable Implant & some incision
Plication not suggested - not fix hourglass, would leave instability, length loss

Hawk

Welcome, Rock!  I took the good information you gave and filled in your signature line.  I hope you can find some information and the support you need.

I did not understand your statement about insurance.  Is insurance needed in India or is it government medicine?

A malleable implant would solve most of your problems, but it also has some drawbacks.  At your young age, there is more chance of erosion since it is always putting stretch pressure on the penis.  A 3-piece inflatable implant would be better (little chance of erosion, regain some size, more natural flaccid state) BUT, it would cost more and likely require revision in your lifetime.

Since 3-piece inflatable is the gold standard, there is not a lot of expertise with malleable implants on the forum.  I think there are a couple if anyone can remind us who got them.

I will add that your surgeon gave you good advice about plication.  Please keep us posted.

Hawk
Founder/Administrator

PS: A forum search of malleable gives about 90 mentions --> https://www.peyroniesforum.net/index.php?action=search2;params=eJwtj80OgjAQhN_Fi5c50P0p8DSklE3QFDEVNSY8vIvxNvNtJjuTple6ZZv2897sp32sh5IeARIRGgRBcK0ILbRHbKARUaAd1ImC_NqBGBpAHdhtC1ZwBLvtoR5hEIE8RRCGBDCBG4gTATO4hfgvQg9GjF7kMa_vIa_LvdhmXulAz_FqeRvWW_n8yVo3V9WK_Vb80TBdquPJHvkglmqe3S-pFEtjsS_WMUbT;start=60

Here also is a topic you can read --> https://www.peyroniesforum.net/index.php/topic,2511.msg43997.html#msg43997
Prostatectomy 2004, radiation 2009, currently 70 yrs old
After pills, injections, VED - Dr Eid, Titan 22cm implant 8/7/18
Hawk - Updated 10/27/18 - Peyronies Society Forums

rock4321

Hi Hawk,

Thankyou for your response.

In terms of insurance claim the insurance companies in India do not have coverage for Penile Prothesis surgeries. And it's not covered by the government. All expense has to be borne by the patient.

Since the cost of a 3 piece is high almost $15000 hence I plan to do the Rigicon Rigi 10 Malleable Non Inflatable instead. I had discussed with the Doc regarding the erosion he mentioned would not be an issue if the surgeon is well experienced to place it correctly.
Plication not suggested - not fix hourglass, would leave instability, length loss

thecrookedone

Hi Rock ,

Let me know about your progress. can you also share some more information about the doctor / hospital who is carrying out the procedure. im also contemplating plication surgery for my congenital curvature.

thanks

Congenital Penile Curvature. Ventral. 80-90 degrees.

Plication Surgery - Aug 2022

rock4321

Pfract

Hey rock8500.

I have seen some videos of implants from indian doctors and at your age you will regret having had a malleable implant. They recommended that model because it is the easiest to install but the one with the worst erection quality, worst flaccid state.... More suitable for very old patients or someone with severe hand dexterity that can't use the 3 piece pump.

If you do go ahead with it...... good luck. You will need it.

rock4321

After having Peyronies Disease for 28 months finally got my Plication Surgery done on 18th July 2022 after I was convinced that was the only way out.

Didn't need to do an implant eventually as per the Surgeon's decision.

Was really scared prior to making the decision, but on the day of the surgery I was relaxed & everything was very comfortable & in order.

Total surgery time taken was less than 2 hours done under Spinal Anaesthesia. Had to stay 2 nights at the hospital (in Mumbai), had a catheter on. Partial circumcision had to be done. Still hurting & sensitive on day 14th.

Hoping for quick recovery & decent results.

Alfa

Which was your surgeon how is it going for you . And how severe was your identation. Please reply I am having suicidal thoughts I am in depression .  
Replace this text with critical info about your case
such as age
first symptoms (deformity, Erectile Dysfunction)
official diagnosis, date, doctor's name
treatments tried
relationship status
Etc