Should i bring up that I know about his Peyronies Disease and I'm ok with it

Previous topic - Next topic

Girlfriend

I have been dating someone with Peyronies Disease, I really like him and I know he has Peyronies Disease.  We had sex 2x's and noticed it.  He is a great guy and I want to let him know that I understand and I'm ok with it and I just want to be supportive and be with him.  He avoids me at times and I think it's because of the pain.  I dont know if I should just be upfront and tell him I know.  Help!

GS

IMHO, both of you will be relieved after both of you open up and talk about it.  I'm sure you can understand that he is and will probably continue to be a little self conscious about his curved penis.  I know, because I am too.  My wife understands and doesn't make a big deal about it.  For that, I am very grateful to her.

You'll probably be surprised by how it is not a big deal after both of you reach a comfort zone in your relationship.  You sound like a great gal; the men of this forum need to hear from more women like you.  I wish the best for both of you.

GS

Girlfriend

Thank you for your response.   I just don't know how to bring it up.  I don't want to make him feel uncomfortable and possibly end this great relationship that is just starting.  I keep thinking that if I don't bring it up, then he will start avoiding me in times of pain or if the condition gets worse.  Should I just be the one to bring it up? Please advice as to a good approach to the subject.   Thank you so much.  

Lennyman

Maybe you could say that you like it that it is curved?  You should also tell him that you only need oral sex and the penis is an added bonus to keep the pressure off.  Hope this helps.  Lenny
Lenny was here  :)

LWillisjr

Lennyman,
She didn't say it was curved....   And if so it could be Peyronies or Congenital.

Girlfriend,
What makes you think it is Peyronies? You mentioned you think he is experiencing pain during sex. Has he mentioned this or has said anything at all to imply this? I do agree you should talk about it, but you need to be cautious about how you bring it up. Many men are concerned about their size and shape just as women are about breast size.

If the presence of pain is the are of concern, then approach it this way. Ask him if he seems to have pain during sex.... is there something or some position that seems to be causing this. Then see where he goes with the dialog.

Les
Developed peyronies 2007 - 70 degree dorsal curve
Traction/MEDs/Injections/Surgery 2008 16 years Peyronies free now
My History

Girlfriend

Hello,
I think it is Peyronies Disease because it does curve up, and also I see all the Advil in the home plus vitamins and he has a small bump on top of the penis when it is erect almost like air like.  When I go down on him he says to do it like a vacuum suction, this is new to me.  The positions we use are also new to me (I actually enjoy them) another thing is that he is rougher at times than usual and he likes to go in deep (this might have nothing to do with Peyronies Disease, I'm not sure)  
Does it sound like Peyronies Disease?
I also think he feels depress at times and I hope it's not because he thinks I won't understand

Luciano

Well IMHO it could be Peyronies Disease, but could also be something else.
If i understand  correctly you only had sex twice, and there you had positions you didnt know? that doesnt meen anything.
Quotehe is rougher at times than usual and he likes to go in deep
after 2x sex? (maybe 3 as your first post is older) doesnt have to meen anything.

But the fact that he tells you how to go down on him, shows that he speaks openly about sex.
(as a matter of fact, since i have had Peyronies Disease i dont want girls to do that to me because of: curvature, size loss, etc..)

so if I were you, I would bring it up in a humorous way, as someone said below, as a joke...
(also you could ask him what he is taking the advil for, as you are taking it also.. for your back - or something else)
If it is Peyronies Disease, tell him to try pentox...

But if I may point out one thing that does not have anything to do with Peyronies Disease. Dont think too much about every one of his words, he wont want you to.
(women tend to interpret lots of things into what men say that simply are not true)
Example: Some time ago I had a girlfriend. At lunch, when I said: "Darling, pass me the bread please", she would interpret that as thousand different things.
Like: Oh he says that because he thinks that I placed it to far away from him on purpose, he says that because he thinks we dont have any more conversation in our relationship, he says that because my cooking is bad and he needs a piece of extra bread to get rid of the bad taste.. etc.. etc...
BUT NO: I just had asked her to pass me the bread because I was too lazy to reach out for it.. thats all..
So please dont interpret things into what he says, things that most of the time dont exists in a man's brain.

those were my 2 cents.
Luc

Tim468

If you speak the truth, you should be OK. If it is true that you like or love his penis, say that, as in: "I love your penis, and how it curves. Were you born that way?" In other words, why not be direct and loving?

So often we don't talk about things because we are not sure how to say it. There are some techniques that help. Loving kindness as a mood helps. Speaking from the heart helps. Expressing concerns "sandwiched" in between the things we appreciate helps (ie "I love how the curve of your penis feels when we make love - does it feel as good for you? I thought for a second there that you were hurting during sex. Is that true? I'd hate it that something that feels so good to me might not feel as good to you"

One way or another it is possible to be honest when talking about sex. So start the dialog!

Tim
52, Peyronies Disease for 30 years, upward curve and some new lesions.

Ben

In my case honesty was the best thing. One day a friend told me " it's seems broken at the base, but it's ok, don't worry". I prefer somebody telling me the truth about what she feels, than saying something that she say to avoid me to be sad.

I guess that in many case the curve and the loss of lenght and girth does not interfere with sexual intercourse. Do you want him to seek medical help to reduce the curve, or just make him feel better about it ?

I totally agree with Tim468 the main idea is to be honest, and express kindly what you feel.  

Girlfriend

Hello,
It appears that he is already receiving medical help; really all I want is to make him feel better about it and let me know that I really understand.  I think I'm just going to bring it up casually next time.  I just don't want him to feel uncomfortable when I bring it up, and then I think "should I just wait for him to bring it up?" but will he? I'm so scared about approaching it.
Thank you for your help, any other guidance is appreciated.
Best,
Girlfriend

Lennyman

Girlfriend, first you must ask yourself if you can be happy with him in the condition its in, or even if it gets worse.  If you are sure you can accept it, THAN tell him you accept it and that you are happy.  If you think you CANT accept it, and than you tell him you can accept it, and than change your mind he will be much more upset.  Lenny
Lenny was here  :)