Advice on VED please

Previous topic - Next topic

NorthernGuy

Hi, looking for advice. 52years old and based in the UK, diagnosed with Peyronies Disease last August, when painful erections were just subsiding. I'm now in the chronic stage of plaque formation as pain has gone when erect. Now using sildenafil during sex as prescribed by Urologist in November. He also suggested using VED daily and I purchased a cheap one when I didn't know what I was doing. Now thinking I probably need a decent one if I'm going to be using it for the rest of my life.
However recently I have been told independently to stop using a VED as it will cause longer lasting damage now that Peyronies Disease plaque has matured (it wasn't the urologist who told me this). So as I'm relatively new to this, I have a couple of questions about VED:

1. Has anyone else been told to not use a VED with a mature plaque?
2. Where can I get good information about how to use a VED correctly - such as pressure, usage time etc (I've searched previous forum posts already)
3. What good, affordable VEDs are guys using in the UK?

TIA
If you want answers, Please help us by filling in your signature block

Click here for Directions

Hawk

I could not figure out from your post if you are using a VED for erections so you can have intercourse or whether you are using the VED to correct the deformity.  It is two very different applications, and the response would be different.
Prostatectomy 2004, radiation 2009, currently 70 yrs old
After pills, injections, VED - Dr Eid, Titan 22cm implant 8/7/18
Hawk - Updated 10/27/18 - Peyronies Society Forums

NorthernGuy

The VED was initially advised for the correction / reduction of deformity but as time has moved on the erections have become less rigid so difficult to achieve penetrative sex.
Any advice appreciated about the use of VED.
Thanks

Monty

Hi, I have never being told not to use my VED, now if your Uro as suggested that you use a VED then you can get one on the NHS for the cost of a prescription, you get one of the best, a Soma unit, just contact you Doctor and request a Soma Correct unit, this as 3 cylinders, with the use of the 3 cylinder protocol on this site it should help with your Peyronies Disease correction,
you can PM me if you have any question,  
71 UK, ED from 2011, unable to get full erection, Peyronies Disease from  2015 acute bend to left, VED & hand traction + 20mg of Tadalafil twice a week, or when i'm feeling lucky, forum member November 2017. Fav Film&Song, TheGoodTheBadThe Ugly. A Day in the Life

NorthernGuy

Thanks, I'll chase that up with the GP tomorrow.  

Monty

Just a thought, if you are having problems with keeping a erection, you can get maintenance rings (cock rings) from NHS from the same place as a VED, if you go for a pack of 3 would cost you not far off £40, if you do order go for size 'Z'.
71 UK, ED from 2011, unable to get full erection, Peyronies Disease from  2015 acute bend to left, VED & hand traction + 20mg of Tadalafil twice a week, or when i'm feeling lucky, forum member November 2017. Fav Film&Song, TheGoodTheBadThe Ugly. A Day in the Life

NorthernGuy

Thanks. I've got a few cock rings and been using them for a while to support the erections during sex. The combination of less than full erections and the changing angle/ shortening when erect are a couple of the issues to deal with. I was using the VED twice daily previously when first diagnosed and then I stopped as I hadn't got good information available which meant I didn't initially realise  the importance of continuing. Now that I've found this forum and read through a variety of the information over the weekend, I'm already better informed and plan to start on a combination of approaches from today. The VED protocol is one of them. Oh and thanks for the info yesterday, been in to the GP surgery this morning to enquire and now just waiting for a response from the GP.
Thanks again, really appreciate the advice.