Where should there be pain when cycling?

Previous topic - Next topic

Jimmi85

Curious to know where you should feel pain when cycling?

Also, if you are undersized, Like me, do you / should you feel
less pain even at max inflation?

After a week of cycling, I am at around 13/14 full pumps. The bulb is rock solid and my shaft is hard as a diamond, which is great. I expected the pain to be at the end of the shaft where the tissue is being stretched but currently it's towards the base of the penis on the upper side by the pubic area. I am struggling to go for more than 30 Minutes in one go so do 2 x 30 minutes and the fact that I am in pain implies that I am fully pumped currently and am being stretched...?

Bear in mind the tips do not go into the glans so I imagine this is where the pain usually is if sized correctly?

37 yr old type 1 diabetic. Implanted with a 18cm Titan by Michael Fraser 14/2/22 using scrotal incision. Has implant due to 70 dorsal curvature, erections were average ore surgery

Hawk

Typically the pain is in the entire shaft.  Any length-stretching puts tension on the entire penis NOT just on the tip.  In addition, there is a girth stretch going on.  Since you you were undersized the pain you feel is no doubt from stretching girth in general and any specific dents you might have had.  If you had any relief incisions they will of course feel the stretch with more intensity.

Go for 30-minute sessions and work up.  You have only really been cycling for about a week.  This takes time.
Prostatectomy 2004, radiation 2009, currently 70 yrs old
After pills, injections, VED - Dr Eid, Titan 22cm implant 8/7/18
Hawk - Updated 10/27/18 - Peyronies Society Forums

philtered

Like you jimmi i'm one week into cycling and my main pain while cycling is in the dorsal area where my plaque is. I've been doing the bending exercises in that area which makes it worse but manageable. I get the odd shooting pain in the left tip when cycling probably because it's slightly longer than the right one.

Ive got a bruise running the length of my shaft centrally on the bottom, i'm wondering if i push and squeeze to hard when i deflate, or the cycling is squashing that area. How much do most people deflate? If i leave too much fluid in the cylinders i stick out like a semi erection. Even deflated i'm still at 4 oclock with a bend upwards where dog ears are.
AGE 59
Acute since  Dec 2017
VED, traction & supplements
Went from 30 degree curve to 80 during acute stage  stabilized since May 2019
Curvature calculated at 80 degrees by Dr Ralph from emailed photo.
Titan  22cm with 1cm RTE's Prof ralph Feb 2022

Roddy

Pain is good at your stage, guys. Pain is good. Your tissue, which has taken its own shape for years/decades is currently being forced to expand in a direction it has never gone and is resisting - hence the pain. Keep at it and for as long as you can stand it. Remember, under the heat of a hot bath is the best advice. For some reason, heat confuses the hell out of nerve endings and pain receptors in the brain so you can withstand a lot more of a prolonged stretch in a hot bath.  
Aged 51 congenital curvature and then Peyronies onset, excision and grafting not successful,
Coloplast Titan implant on June 3rd, 2019 (aged 47) to correct a 90 degree bend
Dr. Mike Fraser - Glasgow, Scotland.

Jimmi85

Oh I get there should be pain, I am worried I'm not in enough pain!

As far as I can tell I am fully pumped as even with two hands the bulb stays Rock hard.

I'm not even pumping in the bath , just in my bedroom and playing fifa or watching married at first sight whilst I stick it out!

I mean I couldn't fall asleep or go to work as there is pain just not as much as I expected...
37 yr old type 1 diabetic. Implanted with a 18cm Titan by Michael Fraser 14/2/22 using scrotal incision. Has implant due to 70 dorsal curvature, erections were average ore surgery

Stepone

Everyone seems to be different in how they heal and how much pain they feel. Pain is such a relative thing.
Keep doing what you are doing and stay safe.
StepOne  
Nesbit surgery 2015, 66 years young, Titan Implant 4/25/19, 22cm, Dr. Lentz, Duke University NC

JustAGuy2020

I was implanted last fall and experience discomfort (I wouldn't say pain) along the entire shaft when cycling (particularly if I go longer than 30 minutes at a time).  I would say that if you are certain you are fully inflated just continue to cycle as much as possible.  I aim for (2) 30 minute sessions per day, or more if possible.  
55 y/o, Peyronies Disease onset 2018, diag 2/19.
Pentox failed, Ref to U-Michigan, doppler showed 45D right curve and 80D dorsal w hinge effect.
Incision/grafting/plication at U-M 9/20 failed.
Implant / graft repair with Dr Levine (Chicago) 9/21, successful so far

Hawk

JustaGuy,  6 months with continued discomfort after 30 minutes is a little unusual.  I would consider pumping once a day for an hour or more even if it was last thing at night.
Prostatectomy 2004, radiation 2009, currently 70 yrs old
After pills, injections, VED - Dr Eid, Titan 22cm implant 8/7/18
Hawk - Updated 10/27/18 - Peyronies Society Forums

JustAGuy2020

Thanks Hawk.  I thought I could send a message to Dr Levine's PA and see what she thinks.  I see Levine for a follow up on the first of May so I'll def discuss it then.  Just a wild guess but it could be due to my subcoronal circumcision incision and the stretching effect.  The incision has been fully healed for many months but you never know I guess.
55 y/o, Peyronies Disease onset 2018, diag 2/19.
Pentox failed, Ref to U-Michigan, doppler showed 45D right curve and 80D dorsal w hinge effect.
Incision/grafting/plication at U-M 9/20 failed.
Implant / graft repair with Dr Levine (Chicago) 9/21, successful so far