AverageBloke's Implant Journal

Previous topic - Next topic

AverageBloke

Quote from: jj21 on April 29, 2022, 09:34:16 PM
Thanks for sharing this, please keep us updated.

I also have a clockwise twist, I did not know that some surgeons are unable to fix this during implant surgery.

If you don't mind, I just had a few questions:

1. You stated the device is 22cm? Does that mean it will erect to 22cm?
2. Was this your size pre peyronies and have you gained this back?
3. What is the likelihood of regaining lost size?
4. did you gain girth?
5. Does it fix narrowing and dents?
6. Is the clockwise twist fixed?

Thanks ,
J

Sure I'll answer your questions and try to give you the best advice possible. This is a medical device and it can fail at any moment in time, you need to be prepared mentally and physically to go through revision surgeries in the future. These can be quite costly if you don't have insurance and the risk of infection is quite high when you reach your 4th, 5th and further revisions. You should only choose to get a penile implant if it is your last resort.

Not to downplay the situation of others, but I find it quite hysterical that other members on this forum spend countless hours on this forum and they do not have even have true Peyronie's. I tried traction for almost a year, it might of preserved my length but it did not cure the Peyronie's. The Peyronie's kept progressing, I would always have new areas of scar tissue show up and affect my penis. There is no cure for true Peyronie's, if you have Peyronie's you will have the disorder for the rest of your life.

Personally, at 22 years old my Peyronie's was severe. My surgeon diagnosed me with a 90 degree clockwise rotational twist and 45 degree dorsal right bend. My doppler ultrasounds would show multiple plaques and the doctors were surprised. A few journals that really helped me when making my decision was P diddy's, Stepone's and Merrix's Journal. These members gained length and girth post Peyronie's after a year of cycling the titan implant. My goal with the implant was to preserve what I have left and prevent further atrophy. If I gain length and girth after a year of cycling it will be a bonus.

1. When choosing a high volume implant surgeon, they will aggressively size you and ensure you will have the same length post surgery. For example if you measure 17cm BPEL before surgery, you will have the same erect length after surgery or at least after three months of cycling the device. Some of the device is buried in your body so this will not be shown hence why I have a 22cm titan but a 17cm erect length. Do some research on penis anatomy to understand this further. You can watch Dr Clavell's surgery videos on Youtube to see how surgeons measure implant size.

2. With my Peyronie's I didn't actually lose length. I had several plaques, lost girth, narrowing, hour glassing and constant penile pain.

3. This is patient specific. My personal experience is that it really depends on how much length and girth you have lost. For example Hawk originally had an 8 inch BPEL which shortened to 6 inch BPEL due to Peyronie's Disease. Through penile implant surgery and daily cycling for up to a year, he ended up with a 7 inch BPEL which I'm sure he is very happy with. A Titan Implant is very strong and it has crazy stretching power, according to Dr Eid it can stretch scar tissue so the amount of size you regain is very patient specific.

4. This is patient specific also... How much girth have you lost? A Titan Implant is very strong and I believe it can stretch your penis to its full potential. Your tunica will limit how much girth you can achieve.

5. It can fix narrowing/dents depending on severity. A high volume implant surgeon will assess your Peyronie's severity and be able to give you a better answer.

6. The only way to fix torsion/clockwise twist is through a plication. Dr Eid & Dr Hakky both explained to me that an implant will not fix the torsion/clockwise twist. An implant can correct bends but it can not fix twists. You will need to have two separate surgeries to address your twist. I would first have a plication and then have the implant surgery. If you want to have it done in the same surgery you will have to travel overseas to see an expert. The two reconstructive urologists I would recommend are Dr Jonathan Clavell in Houston and Dr Billy Cordon in Miami Beach. Both of these urologists have been trained in penile reconstruction and they can do an plication & implant in the one surgery.

In terms of size, I will not give my measurements until I've cycled for a year because this will reveal the true end result. However, I can tell you that I did not lose any length and my penis does look girthier. I do not have anymore dents or hour glassing but I still can definitely feel plaque around my penis. My bend is currently less than 10 degrees and my torsion/clockwise twist is less than 30 degrees. This is the best Dr Clavell could achieve for me without losing any size due to my severe case. He could have got me to 0 degrees bend and 0 degrees torsion but I probably would've ended up with a much smaller penis.

To summarise, a Titan can straighten bends that are less than 30 degrees, maximise your size potential after a year of cycling and potentially gain back the size you lost through Peyronie's depending on the severity of your case. If your case is extreme there are two options such as penile reconstruction which involves elevating the neurovascular bundles and having relief incisions done like the member Tortao did on this forum. This procedure is extremely risky due to infection and nerve damage, it should only be reserved for extreme cases of Peyronie's. The other option would be a two surgery approach which Dr Eid recommends, he inserts a malleable implant to straighten your penis for six months and then replaces it with an inflatable implant.

Regards,
AB
Peyronie's Disease
Titan Touch 22cm - Dr Clavell 06/04/22

jj21

AverageBloke - Thanks a lot. Really appreciate the informative answers and support.

Wishing you the best in your new journey!

34 Years Old...Peyronies for 4 years. 20 Degree left and upwards curvature, major dents and narrowing, ED.

Implant + Tunica Expansion Procedure, 7th Feb 2023, Titan 22cm +1cm RTE, Partial revision 27th June 23 (fix pump, remove 10ml reservoir).

AverageBloke

4 Week Update

Cycling has been very painful. I'm doing about 1 hour a day at the moment and I can literally feel my plaques stretching. Its crazy...

Deflating still has been tricky. I hold the deflate button and squeeze my penis at the same time for about 10 seconds. I end up with about a 4pm flaccid angle. Its hard to distinguish whether I'm fully deflated or not. Maybe its just the stiffness of the cylinders and my natural blood flow? I've uploaded a couple photos for you guys to comment on. Also I'm not sure if I should leave it in deflate mode or do a quick pump once to lock the valve afterwards?

https://ibb.co/5FqgVdr
https://ibb.co/XLrGYr6

When I walk around the house I let my flaccid penis just hang. However, in terms of returning to work in a couple of weeks... Should I point my flaccid up towards my abdomen since my flaccid angle is still at 4pm?
Peyronie's Disease

Stepone

You are doing great.
Yes, some of us that reached the final stretch previously , miss the feel of the stretch and pain. Stretch and pain is a good sign. Savor it while you can, lol
Do you squeeze your penis cylinders to push the fluid into your reservoir? If you do, this will allow your penis to almost flatten.
Yes, the cylinders eventually will soften some, but for now they are fairly stiff, which accounts for a more stiffness.
If you don't have fluid coming back into your penis after you have deflated, there is no need to lock the pump. Sometimes I may come back 15 minutes after I deflated and note that my penis has filled up a little and will squeeze the penis a little to deflate again, then do the quick pump.
Try to
Keep your penis in the upright mode as it can allow better healing in the more natural upright position. If it's a little too long in the deflated position, you can place it to the left or right of completely being upright.
Your penis looks like it is healing well.
StepOne

Nesbit surgery 2015, 66 years young, Titan Implant 4/25/19, 22cm, Dr. Lentz, Duke University NC

Hawk

Exactly what Stepone said.  I have reiterated my opinion on keeping the penis up to prevent downward stretching on the Crus during the scaring the period.  It is somewhat like stretching a fence post hole.  It risks instability in the downward direction.

After you deflate feel your cylinders between your thumb and index finger.  Do they feel flat and collapsed?  That is how you tell they are inflated.  As Stepone said.  You can make your penis look flat and misshapen.  That is another sign you are totally deflated.
Prostatectomy 2004, radiation 2009, currently 70 yrs old
After pills, injections, VED - Dr Eid, Titan 22cm implant 8/7/18
Hawk - Updated 10/27/18 - Peyronies Society Forums

Hawk

Did I miss your answer to my question asking for details on how it went with airport security?

AverageBloke

Thanks guys I will try to deflate harder tonight. I believe I might be having some natural blood flow which attributes to the semi.

@Hawk I will reply now but I did not have any issues with international airport scanners, you will be fine.
Peyronie's Disease

Hawk

You should be able to clearly feel if the cylinders are collapsed.  They of course have a narrow edge on them like a flat drinking straw.  Also, the contracting penis should fold them like the letter Z so you should clearly feel "dogears" at the bends.