Injured myself with RestoreX?

Previous topic - Next topic

tsp

I had been successfully using RestoreX for a month until my urologist put me on 5mg of tadalafil. Now I experience transient erections while using the device and, what's worse, my erections (without the device) have become painful.

I'm trying to figure out if my new penile pain is a fresh injury leading to a new Peyronie's scar or something else. I originally injured my penis and developed Peyronie's 12 years back. I also suffered from undiagnosed penile pain 6 years back that was unrelated to any injury.

What does Peyronie's pain feel like? How long before a new injury leads to a palpable scar? My original Peyronie's injury was such a long time back that I no longer remember what that felt like.

53 years old
Peyronie's onset in 2009, diagnosed in 2021.
Indentation in the left CC near the base.
Lost 6 cm, regained 4 with RestoreX
Cause: injury due to wife's vaginismus.

skunkworks

I hope you took the device off immediately when you sensed an erection coming on?
This is an emotionally destructive condition, we all have it, let's be nice to each other.

Review of current treatment options by Levine and Sherer]

tsp

I did not remove the device during these transient erections. Fortunately, I only had these erections while the device was straight, and not while it was bent. I was lead to believe that straight stretching while erect wasn't harmful, but now I have penile pain.
53 years old

skunkworks

Who/what led you to believe that?
This is an emotionally destructive condition, we all have it, let's be nice to each other.

tsp

I read somewhere that while you shouldn't start traction while erect, erections that start during the process are fine. Perhaps they were referring to partial erections. Unfortunately, I can't recall the source so I can't reread the recommendations there. Also, my urologist warned me against erections while the device was bent but did not caution me against stretching.
53 years old

cdub

I would never stretch with an erect penis!  And I hope you do not going forward.  Only potentially going to do more damage fella.
Large Indentation 3/16/20, lead to Penile Microfracture on 6/26/21.  Still suffering from large indentation, some wasting on other side of penis and large nodule when erect in center of penis (dorsal). Penis is straight & erections are good

tsp

My pain resolved in a few days, so I'm likely fine.

RestoreX support suggests unclamping if an erection is coming on, and waiting for it to subside. I am considering reducing my 5 mg tadalafil dosage to make traction easier.
53 years old

Pfract

I would try that. Stop taking restorex and slowly ramp it up to 2.5mg. I will say that it would be advisable to take the device out if you feel an erection coming..

skunkworks

Traction in any direction with an erection is going to cause injury. You should not be in a clamp or noose etc with an erection.

tsp

I have also found that distracting myself, by say reading, helps the erection subside quickly. Without distraction it is a long, frustrating process.
53 years old