Do more plaques make it necessarily worse?

Previous topic - Next topic

bentoboy

Hi there,

I have a question for some of the wise men we have here on this forum: is it possible that even if one could be getting more and more plaques, they wouldn't affect him in any way?

I have been getting new plaques over the past year (got around 4 new plaques all across the penis) but it seems they didn't really worsen the condition (I can feel them, they are quite solid but don't cause any additonal curature or deformity yet). Or at least it isn't sufficiency noticible.

So, do any of you have plaques for years and years that don't really affect you in any way?

Thanks  
27 y. o. Peyronies since 2020: S curvature with the top part tilting to the left - 15*. Multiple nodules and scarring on each side, mild hourglassing. Getting worse every few months, losing width. Normal penile function. Enlarged veins.

PeyroniKirai

Hi cyrilt,
The science I have seen suggests that not all plaque causes deformity, and also that plaque can be soft or hard, thin or thick.  In the worst cases plaque can be palpably thick and hard as bone.  But many plaque deposits are so soft or so thin that they can't even be felt with the fingers.  Whether the plaque causes the characteristic bend of Peyronie's or not seems to depend a lot on luck:  if you're lucky you could have thick, noticeable deposits of plaque that don't affect the shape of the erect penis at all.  But if you're unlucky, you could a thin or soft deposit that you can't even palpate with your fingers, yet because of its position it causes a curvature.  
 Many men may have plaque in their tunica without even noticing it.  I'm sorry this isn't a really clear answer to your question, but it does seem possible that you could have multiple deposits of plaque that don't make your Peyronies Disease worse.
 p.s. please add your profile information:  no real names or specific locations, but add your age, how long you've had Peyronies Disease, the angle or percent of your bend, hourglass, hinge etc. and perhaps a few words about how it affects (or doesn't) your life or your sexual activity.  
Thanks,
PK
Age 64, Peyronie's history 4 years, left side hourglass, 20-degree bend to left, no ED

bentoboy

Hi there PeyroniKirai,

Many thanks for your response.

Actually, your answer makes a lot of sense. That is to say, I've got quite a lot of plaques all across my penis over the past two years, and it seems that not all of them cause deformity. Even though I have several "long" plaques (about 1 cm in length), they don't really cause much curvature. I think the only problem they cause is that the shaft of the penis has lost some width (I haven't measured it but pretty much sure about it).

Do you think that some of those plaques that don't cause any problems will go away after some time? Of course, it's impossible to know but I'm just curious if you've heared of any cases.

I do have some information in my profile, please check it again!  
27 y. o. Peyronies since 2020: S curvature with the top part tilting to the left - 15*. Multiple nodules and scarring on each side, mild hourglassing. Getting worse every few months, losing width. Normal penile function. Enlarged veins.