News:

Welcome to the Peyronies Forum

PLEASE HELP ME

Previous topic - Next topic

jserletti

I was diagnosed with Peyronies Disease few months ago.
I seen many doctors here at Harvard/Boston.
I saw this doctor who prescribed me Verapamil gel, colchicine, and Tamoxifen.
it seems like its working, because I HAVE NO MORE ERECTION PAIN.

I read almost every post on this website.....very few things are written about Tamoxifen....

is there anyone who's taking this meds.....what are the side effect?....I am worry because my libido is below zero....have no interests what so ever in sex....(im very sexual)...I still get good erection....

Thank you so much for your help.....

George999

I think you are not seeing very much about Verapamil, colchicine and tamoxifen because they are old school Peryonie's meds that have been shown to be significantly less effective than newer treatments like Pentoxifylline and CoQ10/Ubiquinol.  That is NOT to say that they don't work.  They just don't work as well.  If you take the time to read Dr Lue's Knowl on Peyonie's, you will see that he compares all of these treatments and more.  He does NOT include CoQ10/Ubiquinol because it is simply too new to merit a full evaluation.  But it does have a well designed independent study showing it to be very effective in comparison to other available treatments.  - George

Worried Guy

Your libido is zero because you are worried about your penis.  This is normal and will return when you come to terms with your situation.  George is right about Pentox and you will not find a Uro suggesting Coq10 but it is easy to get a and worth a shot.

George999

Quote from: Worried Guy on May 14, 2011, 05:26:21 AM
Your libido is zero because you are worried about your penis.  This is normal and will return when you come to terms with your situation.  George is right about Pentox and you will not find a Uro suggesting Coq10 but it is easy to get a and worth a shot.

Yup, that all plays a big part in the equation.  Funny how that works actually.  You suddenly out of no where have a weaker erection than normal.  You could see it as "I wonder what this is about?".  But our response is usually more like "Oh no!  Something is terribly wrong!"  And that becomes our "emotional state".  And when our emotional state is like that, normal erections don't happen.  It becomes a self fulfilling and self reinforcing prophecy.  Hard erections come from a certain mindset, and when that mindset is not there, what happens becomes what we expect to happen which is, in fact, not much.  So while this might not be ALL of your problem, it is certainly likely to be a big part of it.

jserletti

what I meant by my libido is zero is that I have no interests in sex at all...I have erection all day....its actually annoying....I just jerk off to stop having erection....

before I started taking Tamoxifen, if I saw a woman with a nice body, Ill get erection right away and do not stop thinking about her....
now, I see through women......nothing is stimulating me.....

anyway, thank you guys for your support.....

I think its the Tamoxifen.......

Worried Guy

I know what you mean.  I'm not really interested in sex at the moment either and I put these down to my mental state.  I still get morning erections and can still have sex but because I'm so worried about how this is going to progress I've just lost interest.