Microtrauma

Previous topic - Next topic

chemistry

Hi Dr Trost, really appreciate your responses so far. Ill try to make this one quick.

You mentioned in your video on Peyronies Disease causes that softer erections can cause microtrauma during sexual activity (I assume this includes masturbation) and that those who are predisposed to Peyronies Disease have it triggered from this microtrauma. My questions are

- How common is trauma or repeated microtrauma to the penis? I imagine unnoticed microtrauma happens a lot in most men
- Is softer erections during sex, or mild buckling is pretty common as well (even in younger men)? I feel like most young guys wouldnt notice this or worry much due to it not causing any issues for them.
- In men who do have issues though, could this just be attributed to the microtrauma and still not be considered Peyronies? Is it really just the body's healing process that makes peyronies happen, rather than the microtrauma (which simply acts as a trigger?)
- and If so, can peyronies even be prevented in a predisposed individual?

I ask this because it seems like the diagnosis of peyronies is tricky, like theoretically, could you have two men with repeated microtrauma and after 3 months they both have the same pain and mild deformity, but one of them goes on to recover (their body heals normally) and the other continues to have scar formation and progression their illness?

Thanks!  
Nov 2021 circumferential cord-like swelling after masturbating. slight indent that wraps around where the cord is located, then tapering/narrowing of glans.

don't know what this is or if it'll go away. Slight curve to the left when semi erect.

chemistry

Also, if you don't mind:

- You mentioned Hourglass deformities being harder to treat and that the erectile tissue don't usually bounce back into place even if the plaque is gone, would that be the same in penile injuries as well? (or any non-true peyronie's type conditions).

Thank you so much
Nov 2021 circumferential cord-like swelling after masturbating. slight indent that wraps around where the cord is located, then tapering/narrowing of glans.

don't know what this is or if it'll go away. Slight curve to the left when semi erect.