A young(ish) Diabetics Implant Journal- WARNING EXPLICIT PICS!

Previous topic - Next topic

Stepone

Jimmi,
You are such a strong and patient guy.
Thanks for reporting.
It's interesting, but sex for most of us is such an easy thing when we are young and then we have things happen and things change.
I have had friends that never got really hard in their 30's and when they would have penetrative sex, they would have to squeeze it in all the time. I on the other hand always got rock hard and never had that problem, until I broke my penis and everything went downhill for years with no solution in sight. Now I pump it, and I can do it without even touching my penis. I get my spouse all wet and we do it. I would say for 10 years I had problems off and on.
So what I am getting to, is I am trying to understand your patience. What you have may not be ideal, but it's certainly hard.
I think I would stuff it and make it work as you are. You are the man.
I would be firm with the new surgeon and Be sure he has the care to fix this to give you the best outcome. Are you pumping to maximum?
StepOne  
Nesbit surgery 2015, 66 years young, Titan Implant 4/25/19, 22cm, Dr. Lentz, Duke University NC

Hawk

I would not want a surgeon to make his mind up on my implant before I was in surgery.  Otherwise, he is fitting you to a preconceived size he estimated.  He should measure you in the OR, have several implants at his disposal and match the implant to you.

Best wishes.
Prostatectomy 2004, radiation 2009, currently 70 yrs old
After pills, injections, VED - Dr Eid, Titan 22cm implant 8/7/18
Hawk - Updated 10/27/18 - Peyronies Society Forums

Jimmi85

Thanks both for your input.

The aim of the implant was not to get a perfect penis, we all know an implant is never going to be the same as a blood-filled erection but I guess everyone who goes down the implant route expects, or certainly hopes for the best possible outcome, especially when it is paid for out of pocket and not via insurance like you guys over the pond.

The implant works, and it works very well actually. Us Bionic brothers can do things which no one with a natural penis can do and I find that very exciting. For me, my issues are both an aesthetic issue and a practical issue. When fully inflated the top 20-25% of the penis droops and just doesn't look right. I can't send 'sexy pics' to my girlfriend as it just looks a bit weird. Practically, the sex is really good, and I'd choose what I have no over what I had immediately pre-op in a heartbeat. However, because of the floppiness, certain positions, like her on top, are difficult as it is difficult to penetrate. That alone doesn't warrant a revision, but both these combined with the constant fear of erosion and the tips breaking through the skin in my eyes warrant a revision. I'm a perfectionist by nature. but I do also have to consider my diabetes and the fact that I am more prone to an infection.

I have faith in my new surgeon, he has since told me he will measure me on the operating table, which gives me confidence, so currently I am going down the revision route, probably in February/March next year.

I know that any revision is harder for the surgeon but easier for the patient. Why is that? Any ideas of recovery time compared to an initial surgery? I took 6-8 weeks before I felt healed enough to walk properly and start wearing normal clothes. Can I expect/hope for this to be halved if the surgery went well?

Thanks as always  
37 yr old type 1 diabetic. Implanted with a 18cm Titan by Michael Fraser 14/2/22 using scrotal incision. Has implant due to 70 dorsal curvature, erections were average ore surgery

fairfaxology

This whole thread has been a great read. Thanks for sharing it all so candidly. I have had Peyronies for 5 years and have managed it through diet (carnivore/keto) and light traction. I was told when diagnosed it was the most impressive case he had seen which was a word I did not want to hear at all at the time!

The way you seem to have handled it in dating is similar to me and to me and it really forces you to not give a crap as much as possible and also learn that it is you making a deal of it and not your partner. Or you letting it affect your confidence, I mean.

I was very surprised to read you got such a good surgeon in the UK. Was it all on the NHS and how long did you have to wait?
I can have sex a few times a night, but not like I used to. I am currently ok with the situation but reading your post has given me a great sense of relief in that if it got worse I could possibly go a similar route to you.  

Jimmi85

Hey Fairfaxology,

I'm not convinced i did find a 'great surgeon' or certainly i don't think i got a fantastic outcome, but whatever the outcome, i am in a far far far better position now than pre-implant. i self funded and it cost me £13k.

I was set on a revision with David Ralph after a consult with him and an MRI which showed me to be between 1-2cm short. In recent weeks he has backtracked a little and doesn't think I am hugely undersized and has recommended I leave things as they are as it works very well and with the added complication of a revision coupled with my diabetes he doesn't think the gain vs risk is worth it. I have been worried, almost to the point of being obsessed, about erosion and the tips, which I can feel very prominently, breaking through the skin. He has assured me this will not happen so for the moment at least, I am happy as things are.

On a slightly more positive note, I have smashed past the 6' marker! My size has never been my number one priority, but having read a lot of journals and assessing the correlation between implant size and length, my heart sank when i was told I 'only' had an 18cm, especially when I was close to 8' in my prime. I was resigned to being less than 5' but this goes to show that with cycling and the right anatomy implant size and length do not always go hand in hand.  
37 yr old type 1 diabetic. Implanted with a 18cm Titan by Michael Fraser 14/2/22 using scrotal incision. Has implant due to 70 dorsal curvature, erections were average ore surgery

Offshore King

Quote from: philtered on February 10, 2022, 05:11:54 PM
 Good luck, i'm having mine tomorrow in london. Lets share our recovery stories as we'll be at the same stages together. I'm really nervous tbh and i've managed to aggravate a plaque overdoing traction and VED trying to maximise size. My surgeon told me to stop last week when i told him, but it's still a bit sore. I'm hoping it doesn't effect the surgery.

Please can you share your latest recovery stories, and which stage are you in now? how did the surgery go?
Admin - This user has been banned due to sending personal messages to member promoting some unproven tonic.

ohnoohno

Quote from: Jimmi85 on December 13, 2022, 07:58:09 AMHey Fairfaxology,

I'm not convinced i did find a 'great surgeon' or certainly i don't think i got a fantastic outcome, but whatever the outcome, i am in a far far far better position now than pre-implant. i self funded and it cost me £13k.

Hey Jimmi, just gliding through your thread. Your enthusiasm and character shows a bright light and I'm glad you shared your experience.

I was very depressed and not knowing how I would go on to live once finding out I had Peyronies and seeing it get worse (still is), I'm 28 and had quite a fun sex life before which came to a total STOP and haven't since. I'm not the same person I used to be right now but reading up about implants has given me hope.

I see you found a new surgeon, how's the cost on this one? I know you mention 13K on your primary. I would maybe opt for private also although I do not have that cash but could take out a loan I guess, or pay in installments. Not sure. I just want the best possible outcome so I can have a fulfilling sex life again and regain my confidence.
29 y/o diagnosed 13 Jun 22.

went from a slight 30dg bend at glans to whole thing being deformed/loss of length over a year.

trying to find a way out of this all

Jimmi85

Hey everyone,

It's been a while and for the most part everything is going swimmingly. I am still. Little worrried about the tips eroding the skin at the top of the shaft but I am continuing to have a very fun and active sex sex life so I'm assuming if there were to be any damage done it might have happened by now.

I do have one concern- on two occasions over the last two weeks, when I pump nothing happens for the first 4 or 5 pumps. It's like the bulb is much harder and is transferring very little saline into the cylinders. Then something clicks and it works as normal.should I be concerned about this? As in, could it be the start of something much more sinister? Or is it a fairly common issue which sorts itself out over time?

Ps- oohnoohno - sorry to hear about your struggles, remember we've all been there. My initial surgery cost was £14k but I'm now on UCLH and professor Ralph's NHS list so any revisions will be covered under the NHS.  

ohnoohno

Thanks Jimmi, glad to hear its going well!

I'm feeling ok right now but not having sex, about to start meeting girls again and just going with the flow, if things happen we'll see lol!

But it's really reassuring now hearing of these stories of implants and how good they work after so if it ever comes down to it I can resort to it.  
29 y/o diagnosed 13 Jun 22.

went from a slight 30dg bend at glans to whole thing being deformed/loss of length over a year.

trying to find a way out of this all