News:

Welcome to the Peyronies Forum

Introduction

Previous topic - Next topic

TheCrookedFerret

Hello,

I have been some what of a voyeur to this forum for over a decade.  I read a lot, and I have learned a lot from it so thanks to everyone for being so supportive, open, and honest.  Those are traits that men aren't typically described as having or capable of showing very often. ;D

I'm 42 and have had Peyronies Disease ever since I was 10.  As a kid growing up in the 80s and 90s, I did a lot of BMX riding and skateboarding, NONE of which are very nice to your "cock-N-balls".

My Peyronies Disease first presented itself shortly after a high speed collision between my penis and the gooseneck of my 1987 Mongoose Decade bike, while out riding with friends back in the day.

Just like on a lot of the stories in this forum, my injury it started out with a tenderness and swelling midway down the shaft, which gave "mr. happy" somewhat of a gangster lean to the left when he woke up in the morning.

Really, that's how my Peyronies Disease started and presented itself, and it remained a minor personality quirk of my penis.  My girlfriends never complained and my wife NEVER complained, until a sex related injury "Pissed it off".
Long story short, all those stories you hear about men injuring their penis during "reverse cowgirl" are 100% possible and will happen if you get careless.

Some time in spring of 2010 I injured myself during sex in the same area I had previously injured as a kid.  The difference was, this time it really hurt and there was a lot of swelling that lasted for several days along with a tenderness to the touch.  After about 3 weeks everything felt like it went back to normal, except for a palpable lump midway down the left side of the shaft.   This lump caused my erections to bend a lot more to the left, and it hurt while erect for a long time.  After about 6 months I went to a urologist and they put me through 3 treatment cycles of Interferon, and Verapamil injections which did eventually start to break up the plaque.  Unfortunately the effects were very short lived and within 3 months of treatment the lump re-calcified and my curvature remained.  The difference was is that the pain went away, so I had a curve with zero pain, I guess I have to take that as a "win".
All of those injections cost me a fortune, even with awesome insurance, so I finally said F@$k it! and gave up on that course of action.
I opted for getting a SomaTherapy pump provided by my urologist, along with daily stretching exercises.  Honestly, it does seem to help, but only if you really stick with it. So from 2010 up to 2017 I was diligent and stuck with it, and stretching did help, but I stopped because I just got tired of always having to stretch.  Fast forward to 2021 and this pandemic has left more time for me to "stretch" so I incorporated stretching with Dupytrends cream, and Hyurolic acid applied twice daily.  It honestly seems to help better than just pumping and stretching alone. So that is what I am going to go with.  I know there are people on this forum that have poo-pooed the idea of putting a cream that hasn't been FDA approved on their body, and they have a right to their opinion.  However, I am sick and tired of this condition and having to pull on and stretch my dick, just to keep it functioning at some sort of normal capacity.  But the alternative is expensive surgery that could make things worse, so for now Im sticking with Hyurolic acid and Dupytrends cream because it seems to help.

good luck everyone, I hate this crap as much as you do but keep your chin up. :)
42, Chronic/stable, began 3/2010
Started with 30, down to a 15 degree curve left. Pea sized palpable plaque still remains, "but slowly softening". Soma Therapy pump, Duputrensco Cream, and Hyaluronic Acid applied twice daily.