Just Found Out I have Peyronie's

Previous topic - Next topic

BMarc

I know I'm preaching to the choir here when I say this is very stressful and frustrating.  And I'm sure plenty of us had enough problems before figuring out that we had this issue.  So for me, I started to get painful erections and didn't notice a bend at first.  Then I looked up the possible causes of painful erections and soon after I noticed the curve starting to develop.  Reading these forum boards and also seeing some reddit posts, it gets a bit confusing and discouraging.  I think there's a chance that is because most people that post are probably the ones that are the most frustrated and the ones that have success (which I'm hoping is possible) probably spend their time on other areas of the internet once this problem isn't such a big deal to them anymore?  Either way, I've run into some confusing statements.  I saw some say that you should do certain procedures prior to calcification, and then I see people saying the exact opposite for the same procedure.  Also, every single option seems to have possible negative side effects or can make matters even worse.  I've read to give it a break and not use it as much... and then I've also read that you should keep trying to have erections/sex so that it stretches things? But whether it's injections or stretching/traction...  It seems like there are people that have ended up worse than before.  I went to a urologist and he felt it flacid.  He said it's probably peryonie's...  Didn't send me for any tests or ultrasound.  So I made an appointment with someone at UCLA he mentioned...  Won't be seeing him until the end of the month.  At this point I don't know if I should be doing anything.  The curve is closer to the base and goes upwards towards me.  I haven't noticed any major ED or anything at this point.  Hopefully I don't.  I don't know if it's just going to get worse over time or if it will stay where it's at.  I haven't measured it's angle quite yet.  It's all pretty new.  The painful erections are 2 or 3 months old and the curve is maybe a month.  Not sure about change in size...  But possibly a little.  Anyway, this sucks and I really wish there was an easy fix like the rest of you.  This guy at a clinic near me says they have 85% efficacy rate on peyronie's with acoustic sound waves, but most people on the boards say that's total bs and it's snake oil.  So I honestly don't know what to do at this point.  
If you want answers, Please help us by filling in your signature block

Click here for Directions

Pfract

Hey Bmarc. Welcome.

It is super frustrating in the beginning to make sense of Peyronies and how to treat it. That flaccid exam you had? Forget it. It's worth nothing except to maybe feel some plaques if that was the case. But even then, it ain't worth much.

Here is a link which will hopefully help you out from a very reputable and knowledgeable doctor:

https://malefertilityandpeyroniesclinic.com/peyronies/treatments/

These are the most up to date treatments when it comes to dealing with Peyronies. You should also check the survival guide for more info. PLease stick around. Learn, share your thoughts and experiences. We are all in this together.

BMarc

Thanks a lot!  I will check it out for sure.  I guess I need to figure out what should be done during the early stage when the pain is happening during erections.
If you want answers, Please help us by filling in your signature block

Click here for Directions