Implant+another surgery--> what are the infection chances

Previous topic - Next topic

rakeshgupta2021

I wanted to get input from the folks here on my situation with regard to IPP+hydrocele. I will be consulting the doctor in more detail on this...but wanted to educated myself not the topic.

First, a bit of background:
I had an IPP surgery in Oct 2021, and it is now 3 months since surgery. Everything is working well. Except that now I have a hydrocele that has increased in size (stable) from a previous smaller size hydrocele, and my scrotum has become the size of a tennis ball. Hydrocele is a condition where there is fluid buildup in the sac around the testes. I likely have to deal with this through surgery.

The hydrocelectomy is supposedly an easy procedure...make a cut on the side of the scrotum, drain the fluid from the sac, pull the testes out (hopefully very gently!), either cut out the sac or invert the sac and stitch it.

Questions:
1. There will be some some hematoma from the cutting. I am sure this blood will reach the pump apparatus. Will this increase the chance of infection on the pump and apparatus? How high are these probabilities?
2. One hears about horror stories of surgeons leaving stuff like gauze, instruments at the site of surgery (other surgeries, not IPP), and  serious infections building up around what is left behind. Would my situation be somewhat similar ...essentially the pump and tubing is the external stuff that is getting soaked in blood from the new surgery.
3. If there is an infection, what happens next? Is it treated with antibiotics or the does the IPP need to be taken out, and put back later (this means 2 more surgeries...one to take out the IPP and one to put back a new one).
60 yrs old, Peyronies since 58
A nickel size internal scar at base of penis causing 40-degree bend
Dr. Karpman - Titan Coloplast 18cm+2cm RTE implant in Oct 25, 2021.