Advice

Previous topic - Next topic

Jimmy123

I'm not sure that I can cope with this pain long term. At the moment it is all pain, I don't see any bend. Seems to be particularly bad in the under (ventral) side mid section. It can settle down for a few hours but any effort to find the plaque can result in protracted pain.

I appreciate that everyone is different but is there a reasonable hope that this will settle down in the end? Is currently not easy to concentrate on work etc.
No deformity or ED. Discomfort (which is improving gradually). Months of stress preceded symptoms. Discomfort can be palpated on practically the whole penis but it comes and goes. I can't find plaque. Latest urologist doubts that it is Peyronies Disease.

Hazelboy98

Jimmy how long have you had your pain and why do you think it's peyronies? Do you know if there's anything that makes pain worse or is it totally random?

Like does sitting increase pressure to your penis making it hurt more cause that could also mean your pelvic floor is involved in your penis injury

The main way I deal with pain is just being optimistic about the future of medicine and more specifically treatments for scars like verteporfin. I don't care if they may be far away everyone needs something to hope for and look forward to when dealing with a condition this debilitating

Also caffeine strangely relieves pain...
26 yrs old    Descended from Heaven on 11/27/97

Severe pain and shape changes started on Nov 30th, 2020 from injury

Shape was back to normal by December 2021
Pain has now gone away and I'm mostly recovered January 2024

Chicago!

Jimmy123

Many thanks for responding Hazelboy.

I'm not sure that it is Peyronies. I did see a urologist who said "there is a good chance it is" (odd use of words) but that wasn't based on any imaging etc. Just pain, and the thought that there was a dorsal plaque near the glans (that I really can't find myself).

The worst pain I had felt like it was at the base or even deep in the urethra. Nowhere near where the supposed plaque is. I have some discomfort there too though. Also get a mild burning sensation in my feet when the penis pain was most apparent. Very strange.

I think there is some possibility that it is hard flaccid. No shape change when erect (yet). Whatever it is it came after many months of horrible (unrelated) anxiety, and I really couldn't believe that I was going to have to deal with Peyronies after all of that.

The pain has been a lot better recently, in fact it went away completely for weeks, and it was only ever flaccid pain. I have some very mild discomfort sensation again at the moment and (lack of) nocturnal erection issues have returned. I am very worried and I don't think this helps at all.
No deformity or ED. Discomfort (which is improving gradually). Months of stress preceded symptoms. Discomfort can be palpated on practically the whole penis but it comes and goes. I can't find plaque. Latest urologist doubts that it is Peyronies Disease.