Reoccurring swelling and pain

Previous topic - Next topic

chemistry

Hi guys

Im 25 and have a history of sexual dysfunction, the relevant issue being mild ED and glans that dont always fully go hard/firm. Otherwise, im pretty healthy, eat well etc.

About 2 months ago (Nov 2021) during a bad couple weeks, I was jerking off when my penis was maybe 75% erect and squeezing my pelvic floor to try to make it harder (bad habit). Not knowing this was bad,, I eventually felt some pain on the front/right side but kept going until I finished.

Since then there has been a ring of swelling if I pull my foreskin back just below the head, it goes around the penis like a band. Its more visible when flaccid. Its painful to touch, and when its bad itll hurt constantly despite painkillers when flaccid, feels like nerve pain.

I stopped touching it for a few days and the pain/swelling improved and so I tried resuming masturbation but that caused the swelling and pain to eventually come back.

I went about 2-3 weeks with minor swelling/issues (Id say it was 80% healed naturally) but after a long masturbation session I guess I aggravated the injury and I was in pain for a week. This was around Christmas.

The injury still hasnt healed, mainly due to me not letting my penis rest I assume. Since its been 2 months of this, Im worried about Peyronies developing.

So far I havent noticed any significant curving, erections might be a bit worse than usual but not always, and I havent felt any hardness or sign of plaque - unless the swelling is bad then it will feel hard in that area but once the swelling improves its still puffy but pretty soft to touch. No real noticeable pain with erections unless I rub where the injury is

Understanding the seriousness of this now Im committed to letting this heal properly, but Im so scared that once that happens itll caused erectile issues or a deformity. Like I said, so far no significant curving to the penis has happened, and its been 2 months with some period of improvement where no curving happened.

My main question is: would scar tissue have likely formed by now (just over 2 months since initial injury)?? Would I have likely noticed a deformity by now? And if not, is it still early? Would letting this heal mean in 3 months I could develop a deformity? How long does it normally take for people to notice peyronies following a minor injury like this? How common is it to get peyronies from an injury? Surely people get these all the time right?

Any answers to these questions would help my anxiety a lot.

I have scheduled an appointment with my doctor and i will hopefully get a referral to a urologist that has an interest in peyronie's.

I really appreciate any advice or response pertaining to my case.

I should add that this type of injury has happened to me before over the years (likely caused by masturbation) although not as bad. These minor injuries did take a significant amount of time to fully heal but again I never noticed any curving of the penis etc so Im just hoping this will be the case here and I just hope I can learn from this and not let this happen again
Nov 2021 circumferential cord-like swelling after masturbating. slight indent that wraps around where the cord is located, then tapering/narrowing of glans.

don't know what this is or if it'll go away. Slight curve to the left when semi erect.

chemistry

I have attached a picture of the initial injury/swelling. The size and shape of the swelling changes depending on how often I touch/masturbate that area. Does this look like the type of swelling that leads to Peyronies Disease?  
Nov 2021 circumferential cord-like swelling after masturbating. slight indent that wraps around where the cord is located, then tapering/narrowing of glans.

don't know what this is or if it'll go away. Slight curve to the left when semi erect.

chemistry

LWillisjr

You can't tell Peyronies  by swelling. It usually occurs from some trauma to your erection. And then only presents itself as a curve when you have an erection and not visible when flaccid. That is probably why no one has responded.
Developed peyronies 2007 - 70 degree dorsal curve
Traction/MEDs/Injections/Surgery 2008 16 years Peyronies free now
My History

chemistry

Thanks for your response.

I still haven't noticed a curve, however I have noticed narrowing or almost hourglass shape when erect where the swelling is located (just under the glans). The swelling is like a band that goes all the way around the shaft (as you can see in the picture) and the indent acts the same way, as if that area was being constricted or squeezed by this band. It's not severe but enough to notice and to be painful. I can also literally see this band when erect. It's kind of like if I was wearing a cock ring that was too small just under the head and that was causing an indent or hourglass shape due to the squeezing of this ring. Hard to describe but I hope this makes sense.

Still on the fence whether or not this could be peyronies because on one hand there is a slight deformity, Erectile Dysfunction and pain. But on the other hand there is swelling... and I assume its unusual to be able to see a plaque if it was affecting the tunica, therefore this swelling/hard tissue/band likely isnt a plaque, at least not one usually associated with peyronies. So basically im confused af

chemistry

Update on my situation for those who may be interested:

I am still experiencing all the same symptoms. The only deformity I can tell is a slightly hourglassing around where the ring/band is located, as if it is constricting the blood from flowing to that area and to the glans above it. I also find there is less girth overall.

My GP was not able to find any plaques, but she did order an ultrasound. The results were negative, no significant calcification, cysts, etc.

I am left feeling somewhat happy but also unsatisfied and confused because I still don't know what this is. Its still causing significant pain and making sex difficult because of it. With that said, whatever this is, it doesn't seem to be consistent with a typical peyronies case. To me it seems to be either an atypical, mild peyronies in its early stages, or something completely different such as persistent inflammation caused by hard flaccid and masturbating too aggressively. In either case I'll update in the coming weeks/months, likely in a separate post. It's only been barely 3 months since I noticed this symptom, and so I imagine if this is peyronie's itll make itself evident as the months go on.

I am waiting for an appointment with a couple urologists so hopefully that'll give me the answers I'm looking for.