Advice for US-Europe RestoreX shipping between private citizens?

Previous topic - Next topic

gennaro

I am trying to have RestoreX shipped to me by a friend of a friend (two degrees of separation, we call this kind and helpful guy MisterX) who is in the US. The problems are related to the shipping method from the USA to Europe-Italy. Immediately after the shipment of the order made from Italy, MisterX was contacted by the RestoreX company because the US shipping address did not coincide with that of the credit card. In confirming that the addresses were correct, he added that he actually had to send the device back to Italy. The company employee told him that however, since the device is not approved in Europe-Italy, it should not leave American or Canadian soil. In short, he said that there is some risk in sending it to Italy.

Is it true? Does anyone have direct experience of this type of shipment? Is there any recommended courier? What to write in the form in the product description? Could a shipper be fined or even sued for a shipment like this that is allegedly not legally authorized? I am very sorry to have involved MisterX in all this, but if this is to go on I would like it to be as quiet as possible from a legal point of view.

Could it be better to give up the insurance and send it as a worthless (below Duty or TAX De Minimis) and used object (for example by opening it and sending it in a different package)? Could it be a problem for the sender? I would like to avoid any legal issues, and would gladly pay customs fees and taxes in exchange for insurance. But as I think you understand it is not a cost problem, but only to see the shipment blocked at customs after having borne all the costs and having additional legal problems.

I apologize for the many questions but I was unable to find updated information on the forum, so I ask you howto advice.

G.
age 61
2 months before penis tip pain with erections,prostatitis
start 3.2019 with sudden indentation,bending,hourglass,early morning pain
now 60-80 deg bend upwards
Peyronie
manual traction,heat
looking for urologist in Rome, Italy
married

PeyroniKirai

I am neither a lawyer nor a customs agent, but I will give you a common sense reply which reflects what I would do myself. Note that this is NOT a recommendation, just my thoughts.
  So, RestoreX has not yet received a "CE" mark from the EU, which means the EU bureaucrats have not yet decided that it conforms to EU health and safety regulations.  Therefore no one is allowed to prescribe it or sell it in the EU.  However, the device itself is not illegal, like guns or illicit drugs are.  I cannot imagine there is any penalty for one private citizen to just give a RestoreX to another as a gift.
  I would therefore wager that the worst thing that could happen is that your RestoreX is simply confiscated by Customs (probably they will take it home and use it themselves!).  I don't imagine you could be subject to any sort of penalty simply because someone mailed it to you.
  If it were me, I would have MisterX take it out of the box and re-pack it in some bubble wrap.  Use a small mailing box and mark it as a lamp holder (or something), no commercial value, and check "gift".  It looks a little bit like a lamp holder doesn't it?  If you want the original box and the instructions, you could have MisterX flatten them out and mail them to you after you receive the lamp holder.

Age 64, Peyronie's history 4 years, left side hourglass, 20-degree bend to left, no ED

Pfract

gennaro:

Have you looked into parcel forwarding services? Search for ''parcl'' on the forum. Several members where able to get it to their countries no problem and posted here.

Try it out.

gennaro

Quote from: Pfract on January 24, 2022, 01:00:52 PM
Have you looked into parcel forwarding services? Search for ''parcl'' on the forum.
Thanks Pfract, I did, but apparently parcl service is over, as they state here https://www.parcl.com/
That's why I'm trying P2P.
G.
age 61
Peyronie
manual traction,heat
married

Ralf_45

Re-posting this here in case it helps someone:

This is what worked for me (Switzerland):

1) usgobuy . c o m -> create account.
2) use the "buy for me" page to order the restorex, you have to pre-fund it, I used paypal to do so.
3) they buy it, takes about 1 week. You can store it with them for up to 40 days
4) use there "ship for me" option to deliver it to Europe. Switzerland was ~70 usd for fedex premium, which was delivered 3 business days later. Swiss import tax of 10% applies. For customs declaration I only used "Restorex"

I'm not affiliated to any site, just reporting what worked for me. I guess usa2me . c o m would work too.  
If you want answers, Please help us by filling in your signature block

Click here for Directions

Pfract

Thank you for sharing this with us. I will pass it around.  

gennaro

Got it! Special thanks to PeyroniKirai for his advice  8). Not only did it work exactly as he intended, but I used his concise and convincing explanation (literally with a copy and paste of the relevant part) to persuade my kind MisterX in the US (not easy, considering I don't actually know him directly and that he knew nothing of the existence of this strange disease before being involved) to unpack and send back to me this bizarre lamp holder.

Shipped with USPS (about $ 75), described as a lamp holder, declared as a gift of no value, no insurance other than the default ($ 200), no customs surcharge (which as I said I would gladly have paid to avoid all this). Arrived in Italy after about a week and received at home after about a month without any problems. Considering the cost of the RestoreX, a rather risky shipment, but it worked.

Now I hope RestoreX will work for the job it is supposed to do as well. Fingers crossed. I also found in Italy make up pads very similar to those described in the forum at about € 10, but I will write about this in a more appropriate post.
age 61
Peyronie
manual traction,heat
married

Pfract

Gennaro: please ignore my other post about how you got the device. It was awesome that it actually worked out!

PeyroniKirai

ciao gennaro - glad you received your lamp holder.
Best of luck !!
Age 64, Peyronie's history 4 years, left side hourglass, 20-degree bend to left, no ED