Peyronies Society Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Dr. Landon Trost - Directly answering member questions in the "Medical Professionals" section below the Treatment boards. https://www.peyroniesforum.net/index.php/topic,16512.0.html

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Should you be able to prominently feel tubing after implant? Please help  (Read 1729 times)

LightAtTheEndOfTheTunnel

• Voting Member

Hi guys. I am panicking a bit. I am 3 days out of surgery with Dr Kramer. When feeling around this morning I could prominently feel 3 or  4 tubes at base of my penis to the left of the incision scar. I am going to detail all of this in my journal shortly but is it normal to be able to feel tubing like that? Its right at the surface and can be very easily felt.
(Formerly ih8peyronies) Condition began at 29, currently 33 y/o. Started overnight, no known cause. Severe hourglassing, dents, painful erections for the entirety. Implant with Dr. Andrew Kramer on 1/18/21 Titan 22CM no RTE’s with a genesis pump

LightAtTheEndOfTheTunnel

• Voting Member
Re: Should you be able to prominently feel tubing after implant? Please help
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2022, 05:16:15 PM »

THE CYLINDER ON THE RIGHT FEELS PERFECT, ALMOST AS IF IT CONTINUES SEAMLESSLY RIGHT DOWN THE SHAFT TO THE BASE WHERE THE SHAFT AND TESTICLES MEET. BUT ON THE OTHER SIDE THE CYLINDER SUDDENLY STOPS AT THE BASE WHERE THE TESTICLES MEET THE SHAFT, THERE IS A SMALL DENT AND THEN I CAN FEEL TUBING PROMINENTLY. I AM SO SCARED SOMETHING DIDN’T GO RIGHT. HE DID MENTION HE HAD TROUBLE PLACING THE CYLINDER ON THE LEFT AND IT DID NOT GO IN EASILY SO HE TOOK EXTRA TIME ON IT BECAUSE HE DID NOT WANT TO USE RTE’s. ALSO PLACING THE RESERVOIR WASN’T EASY TO PLACE AND TOOK SOME EXTRA WORK. SO NERVOUS/SCARED SOMETHING WENT WRONG 😢
(Formerly ih8peyronies) Condition began at 29, currently 33 y/o. Started overnight, no known cause. Severe hourglassing, dents, painful erections for the entirety. Implant with Dr. Andrew Kramer on 1/18/21 Titan 22CM no RTE’s with a genesis pump

tomas1

• Solid Contributor
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2022, 05:50:53 PM »

What implant did he use?
Does it seem like the lower end of the cylinder didn't go into the crus?
That's what it sounds like from the description.

I wonder if when you start inflating, the end may go into the crus?
Maybe it'll take some persuasion?

Obviously, I'm just another guy with an implant and not an expert.
83 years old.
Implanted 01/22/19 by Dr Avila.
18cm AMS 700 CX, 3.5cm RTE 100cc reservoir
Diagnosed with Gleason  6 prostate cancer.
Monitoring it for now.

LightAtTheEndOfTheTunnel

• Voting Member
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2022, 06:09:46 PM »

Thanks for the quick reply Tomas. He used a Titan 22CM with no RTE’s. I was hoping it was normal but when i asked he said it’s not ideal but can’t tell for sure until he examines me. I’m partially inflated now but I’m not sure if fully inflating would solve this problem, but i only feel it on the left. I have a pic but can’t upload from my iphone

LightAtTheEndOfTheTunnel

• Voting Member
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2022, 08:55:24 PM »

I’m was extremely nervous to have this surgery done but also extremely optimistic due to support I thought I’d get on this forum. I posted 2 days ago in the worst pain of my life, I needed help and advice then more than ever and I got 3 responses in 2 days. Thank you to those who responded. I posted this thread because I’m clearly in the dark, I was hoping my brothers who’ve gone through this journey could answer some post op questions and put my mind at ease. Another post, 4 hours later and 1 response. I’ve seen other post their journals with questions etc. and there were replies almost immediately and frequently through the first few weeks after implants. Just feeling extremely frustrated and defeated with this whole process. Last 4 days have been a nightmare experience

Roddy

• Solid Contributor
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2022, 08:08:54 AM »

Hello LightAtTheEndOfTheTunnel

I sense a real frustration from you reading your posts there. I’m sorry that you’ve had little response to your questions. Personally, I only check in to the forum now a couple of times a week as I am nearly 3 years post surgery. I will always try and pitch in with advice on issues I have personal experience of.

Your tubing issue sounds like it’s quite severe from what you describe. I would have thought with general swelling in the area post surgery that being able to feel tubing would be less possible. How long since surgery are you now?

I could never feel any tubes or anything around my penis but must say that I do have 2 prominent tubes inside my sack that nobody could fail to feel if they ever had a the notion to feel around. I’ve read others say there’s no sign of any tubing on them etc but do appreciate everyone is built different - different sized sack, testicles, amount of fat  etc.

I will check in regularly over the next few weeks to help you where I can.

I had a hell of a time at the start but it all came amazingly good around 4-5 weeks in.

Stay strong.

Roddy
Aged 50 congenital curvature and then Peyronies onset, excision and grafting not successful,
Coloplast Titan implant on June 3rd, 2019 (aged 47) to correct a 90 degree bend
Dr. Mike Fraser - Glasgow, Scotland.

tshug

• Voting Member
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2022, 09:26:38 AM »

LightAtTheEndOfTheTunnel, I just had my implant surgery 2 months ago and when deflated feel the folds and a dent on the right cylinder. I was concerned about the dent and spoke with Dr Eid the other day and he said that's normal given the size of the Titan cylinders and should get better over the course of the next year. I've read from others on this forum that some have cylinders that always feel smooth when deflated and others have what feels like an empty water bottle when deflated. I'm not concerned about what my penis looks like deflated, I just wanted a straight and hard penis to have normal sex again with my wife.

I agree with Roddy that we're all different and not everyone has the same results. I expect that you have a lot of swelling and things should get better as the swelling goes down. I would guess that most if not all of us who have had this surgery have had panic attacks the first few days after the surgery seeing what was done.

You're in good hands with Dr Kramer so hang in there.
71 Yrs old
Radical prostatectomy in 2017.
That surgery left me incontinent
2018  implanted AUS 800 artificial Urinary Sphincter
Erectile Dysfunction & Peyronies
AMS CX Penile Implant Surgery 12/16/2020
Revision- CX replaced with a Titan 20cm + 1 rte 10/26/21 Dr Eid

Pfract

• Global Moderator
  • #whateverittakes
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2022, 09:36:32 AM »

LightAtTheEndOfTheTunnel:

I am so sorry to read that you feel that you have not been getting the support you feel you deserve from us. I apologize in behalf of the staff. I don't have a penile implant (yet?) but i have Erectile Dysfunction after a penile fracture so at least i relate to what made you go forth with this decision. I also learn about implants as much as i can and also follow the diaries here.

I have followed a lot of Dr. Kramer's patient's stories whilst he was at his old practice and a LOT of people used to be very happy. He also used to share plenty of videos from Kramerurology and then chesapeake U. There were patients very oddly that had a complaint or two but he was always there for them and would offer to get the issue sorted out. Normally everybody was happy in the end. Hopefully you will be too as he is very knowledgeable and hopefully his work ethic remained the same.

How long till you can start cycling? he used to tell patients 1-2 weeks, but some were cleared earlier? as for the tubes... how is your pump in the scrotum? do you feel it was positioned low in the sac or feels that it is riding high?

You can very easily post pictures on the board when you create a new post. They will be hosted on the forum itself or you can use an external host like imgur.com and then past the link here. Alternatively you can PM me and i will give you my anonymous skype address where you can send me the pics and i'll post them here.

I am very hopeful more members that had the implant chime in to help you. Hawk is currently on vacation but hopefully he will see your thread soon.
Please hang tight.

P.S: like Tshug said you are supposed to feel dog ears on the penis while the titan is deflated and then nothing when the implant is inflated. That is one of the signs that the implant has been properly sized. I wonder if that is the dent that you feel on that side?

LightAtTheEndOfTheTunnel

• Voting Member
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2022, 11:32:38 AM »

Thank you all for the responses. Where i circled in red is exactly where I feel the tubing. Towards the base on the left side it seems like it just stops at the end and then I can feel all kinds of tubing in that area. The right side doesn’t feel like that at all, it’s just smooth cylinders all the way down. Kinda scared that somethings not right. He and his staff sent me home with ZERO at home instructions. I was completely in the dark for the first couple days and in a lot of pain. He never even called and I never even got a call from his office to check in. I had to reach out to him on day 2 when I couldn’t urinate. So as of now the 3 main things I’m concerned with are:

1) Why am I feeling that tubing on the underside of my penis?
2) My scrotum is still the size of a large grapefruit and swelling hasn’t subsided much in the past 24 hours. I can feel both testicles and the pump low in the scrotum but the swelling is so significant i can’t yet make out specific parts of the pump. Is this normal? Today is day 4
3) I have a puckering/indented spot in my ballsack. It could almost fit half a golfball, that’s the shape and size it is. Is this normal? I may be overthinking but I’m very nervous and trying to look for an avoid any signs of infection.

tomas1

• Solid Contributor
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2022, 01:35:24 PM »

I shudder to think about the swelling of your scrotum. On top of all the other issues, I think you need to see a doctor.
I've heard of guys having the swelling, but don't remember how they got past that.
83 years old.
Monitoring it for now.

LightAtTheEndOfTheTunnel

• Voting Member
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2022, 02:17:27 PM »

I walked to the bathroom, the scrotum felt sore when i went to pee. Laid back down in bed and touched that same area where i can feel the tubing and now I can feel and hear fluid swishing around inside my scrotum. Like audibly hear water swishing back and forth. I texted the doctor again and got the same response, “not an emergency, I’ll see you Tuesday”. Something definitely wrong. Of course it is. Happens to me every time without fail, something goes wrong.

Pfract

• Global Moderator
  • #whateverittakes
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2022, 02:33:28 PM »

Thank you all for the responses. Where i circled in red is exactly where I feel the tubing. Towards the base on the left side it seems like it just stops at the end and then I can feel all kinds of tubing in that area. The right side doesn’t feel like that at all, it’s just smooth cylinders all the way down. Kinda scared that somethings not right. He and his staff sent me home with ZERO at home instructions. I was completely in the dark for the first couple days and in a lot of pain. He never even called and I never even got a call from his office to check in. I had to reach out to him on day 2 when I couldn’t urinate. So as of now the 3 main things I’m concerned with are:

1) Why am I feeling that tubing on the underside of my penis?
2) My scrotum is still the size of a large grapefruit and swelling hasn’t subsided much in the past 24 hours. I can feel both testicles and the pump low in the scrotum but the swelling is so significant i can’t yet make out specific parts of the pump. Is this normal? Today is day 4
3) I have a puckering/indented spot in my ballsack. It could almost fit half a golfball, that’s the shape and size it is. Is this normal? I may be overthinking but I’m very nervous and trying to look for an avoid any signs of infection.

First and foremost here is a video from Dr. Eid describing post operative care for Penile implant. There is a lot of info.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Or-V9_mpxps

Second... i am shocked there was no guide or info for you to follow? what did his assistants say? wasn't there any brochure or even instructions sent to your email? Did you ask about post op care pre-surgery?

1- Like it was said somethings you will be able to feel. Hopefully not tubing has moved but it would be too soon to tell?

2-from all i have seen it is very normal for the scrotum to be swollen. You are still early in recovery. Are you applying ice? are you resting properly and not lifting weights? again, day 4 is still very early! See Dr. eid's video!

3- I know some doctors get a drain tube because of fluid build up, but i don't remember that being the case with Dr. Kramer's patients way back. If you can hear fluid inside, keep an eye out for infection signs. Are you improving day by day, even if slighty?

4- IF you need a second opinion, you can reach out by video to Dr. Eid and book a virtual appointment. He is super knowledgeable and does a lot of revisions too. But that's not for now. Just so you know you have places that you can go for help. Let's keep praying you won't develop an infection and once the swelling starts going down you will have a good result.

But you have to stay alert.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Eq5HhwhGUA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0mfjPhgZU6k

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uAuk56jTG6k

Also have a link at these videos from Dr. Eid on how to recognize signs of infection and what to do. Please don't hesitate to reach back and talk to us here. I will do my best to help.

Curvekiller94

• Major Contributor
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2022, 02:36:41 PM »

This all sounds really scary but think on the bright side. You just had surgery by a very good doc I don’t think anything is wrong. I know post surgery you are supposed to have swollen scrotom. If you text a well known doctor and he says it looks fine then it looks fine otherwise he risks mal practice. I’m not saying it doesn’t hurt or isn’t swollen etc. But you did just get cut open it takes a while for things to go down.

After a hernia surgery I had very swollen testicles and thought something was wrong the doc assured me everything was fine and so far since then it has gotten better and is fine
26 y/o
sex injury that gradually got worse
Hard flaccid, Indentation bottom left close to my body,  mild twist left
28° up 28° Left
official diagnosed peyronies w/pain
Pentox, restorex, l-arginine, cq10, NSAID, tramadol(as needed)
Gf is supportive

Curvekiller94

• Major Contributor
« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2022, 02:40:06 PM »

That’s what my dad would tell me who is a really good doc/surgeon

At the same time if something is seriously not going right and you get a fever or there’s puss coming out or the fluid is getting worse.  I’m sure you can go to er and they will probably page your doc if you told them you just had surgery with him
26 y/o
28° up 28° Left
Gf is supportive

Curvekiller94

• Major Contributor
« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2022, 02:45:23 PM »

I wish you the best keep us updated the community is always here for your you sorry it sucks rn things will get better though. The first two weeks I’ve read about generally suck then there starts being a rapid recovery and you continue to recover for about. A year
26 y/o
28° up 28° Left
Gf is supportive

TheBoykinLady

• Voting Member
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2022, 03:24:40 AM »

Hi! I am sorry you didn't get more responses. I hope you are icing your scrotum. 15 mins on, 30 mins off (with a bag of frozen peas), several times a day. My husband actually came home with 2 drains. Did you have a drain after surgery?

He also became unable to urinate and had to do in and out caths every 6hrs and ended up on Flowmax. Thankfully, after almost 4 months that has all resolved. Inflammation from surgery can take a while to settle down.

It seems you two have some things in common because he is 4 mos post-op and can still feel the tubing just like yours. We are waiting on him to hear back from his surgeon since he had a pelvic CT last week.

I hope you're feeling better and swelling is down.
Please keep us updated and feel free to ask questions.
48yo wife of Erectile Dysfunction and Peyronie's patient with hemophilia (waveboy).
I'm looking for answers but am happy to answer any questions you may have.

LightAtTheEndOfTheTunnel

• Voting Member
« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2022, 11:06:28 AM »

@Pfract I appreciate the info. I’m so angry and disgusted that they did not send me home with ANY aftercare paperwork. How the [email protected]< do you not send someone home with instructions after a surgery of this magnitude. And on top of it neither Dr. Kramer or anyone from his office ever called to check in on me. It wasn’t until i called him day 2 that i spoke to him. The office he works for F^@$!ng sucks by the way, particularly his “surgical coordinator”. I’ll get more into that later I’m sure. All I can think about are infection signs. Why am I feeling all kinds of tubing, why is my sack filled with fluid, why is ice not helping, why is my scrotal skin indenting in the area where the pump is, why does it pinch/burn when i try to handle the pump, does this mean it’s stuck? All this crap is spinning around in my head and I have no idea if any of it is normal. I’m seeing Dr. Kramer Tuesday but from what I gathered the fluid isn’t normal and neither is being able to feel tubing. Also from what I gather the indentation of the sack where the pump is means its stuck and probably infected. Aside from funerals these have been the worst 5 days of my life that I can remember. Anybody know where @Hawk is? He was the main reason I decided to go through with his but he’s been offline for weeks and not responding to any PMS.

@CurveKiller94 thanks for the support it’s greatly appreciated

@TheBoykinLady I feel tremendous empathy for your husband. I am only 5 days into this and I was completely prepared for pain, swelling, etc. It’s all the rest of it that you have no idea about that’s scary. I just don’t want to have an infection and have to get this done again and waste another F^@$!ng year of my youth waiting for this to heal and hoping the next one works which I’ve heard could be considerably smaller. I have an appointment Tuesday so who knows whats going to happen. Trying to stay positive i guess

Bud luck

• Major Contributor
« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2022, 03:52:53 PM »

You have my total support, hopping is nothing major and you can get better. What it piss me off is that they didn't give you any information of what to do after the procedure, after going through something like a penis implant surgery, it shows lack of emphaty from that Doctor and his office. I won't ever go to them for an implant
My first symptoms started early in 2019
I tried Traction device, Pentofixiline, Q10, TRT, L-Argenine, cialis
I have narrowing/dent/hinge on the left side of my shaft
My Erectile Dysfunction is getting worse
Had a PRP shot Aug 2021
I have a girlfriend
Age 46

Roddy

• Solid Contributor
« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2022, 05:16:50 PM »

Hey bud, hang in there. It’s a very stressful time for you. I remember it all well. Without knowing exactly how/where you are feeling tubing it’s difficult to offer advice. Can you take a photo of the areas you are concerned about and let us have a look?

Ultimately, it’s only 2 days now til you see your doctor. Hopefully that will lead to serious answers for you. Make sure you write your questions down on your phone before you meet the doctor. Think long and hard about what you want to know in advance so you don’t come out regretting that you missed something. That’s what I did and I simply moved from one question to the next.

Good luck and keep the head, you’ve made the right decision and even if there’s something wrong, it’ll get fixed in time and you WILL come through the other side. You WILL have a much better functioning penis than you had pre-surgery. Just have patience and appreciate that this all takes weeks and weeks to see the light. The light IS there. Trust me.

Roddy
Aged 50 congenital curvature and then Peyronies onset, excision and grafting not successful,

LightAtTheEndOfTheTunnel

• Voting Member
« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2022, 05:56:47 PM »

@Bad Luck and @Roddy thank you so much guys. I was much more angry, scared, and feeling alone a couple days ago. I do feel better now and while lying down I’m having minimal pain. I read on another forum that the pump sticking can be common and takes times to become unstuck after weeks or months of hot baths and gentle maneuvering. I’ve also read it can mean infection so not exactly sure what the real answer is.

@Roddy I posted a picture in this thread on one of my earlier posts but I’ll post it again. My penis is pointed straight up so the underside of my penis where I feel it at the base on the left side. It feels like the cylinder suddenly stops right there and I can feel several different small tubes going across the base of my penis and all down towards my left testicle. Maybe an inch. It feels like small tubing all intertwined.

Roddy

• Solid Contributor
« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2022, 06:02:40 PM »

Thanks for posting the photos. To be honest, I’m not seeing anything untoward there but it’s almost impossible to SEE what you are feeling. Like I said, best to wait 2 days and get answers from the surgeon who performed the operation. He’ll likely know exactly where the tubing was fitted and if there were any issues/complications. Let us know as soon as you are home from your meeting.

LightAtTheEndOfTheTunnel

• Voting Member
« Reply #21 on: January 23, 2022, 10:23:06 PM »

@Tomas I believe you’re right. The cylinder just stops at the end of my penis on the underside. From the research I’ve done this is called the “crus”. The right side is perfect and smooth, it continues down all the way but the left side cylinder just stop, indents, and you can feel all the tubing for about an inch and a half from the base of my penis moving toward my left testicle. Has anyone else with an implant ever experienced this?

LightAtTheEndOfTheTunnel

• Voting Member
« Reply #22 on: January 25, 2022, 01:52:08 PM »

I met with Dr. Kramer today, he said all looks great for only being a week out. He expected me to be a lot more swollen than I am and said I can start cycling Friday. I pressed him on the fact that I can easily feel the tubing in my scrotum. He said yes I can feel it if I press it a little bit but that I am obsessing over that small detail. He said he’s very happy with how it turned out. He examined me standing up and when I’m standing the tubing is much less palpable. I felt it much more prominently when I was laying down. I wish I had pressed him further to examine me laying down in order to feel exactly what I feel but he was adamant all was good and that no matter what I would be able to feel some tubing. I also still hear liquid swishing around when I shake my scrotum for whatever that’s worth.. So I ask again:

THOSE OF YOU ON HERE WITH AN IMPLANT, ARE YOU ABLE TO FEEL ANY SORT OF TUBING IN YOUR SCROTUM. AND I DON’T MEAN REALLY DIGGING AND SEARCHING AROUND, I MEAN ON THE SURFACE WHEN YOU FEEL AROUND AT THE BASE OF THE PENIS AND BALLS DO YOU FEEL ANY SORT OF TUBING. I WOULD GREATLY APPRECIATE SOME FEEDBACK. I KNOW DOCTORS SOMETIMES DON’T LIKE TO ADMIT MISTAKES

LightAtTheEndOfTheTunnel

• Voting Member
« Reply #23 on: January 25, 2022, 05:27:39 PM »

This is exactly what I see when I’m laying flat on my back. You can clearly see the tubing pushing up through the skin. I don’t feel any of that on the right. When i touch that area it’s just a mess of tubing. I can even grab and pull on individual tubes although i did it very lightly. One tube protrudes up very high and can be easily felt just by touching the base of my shaft. There is absolutely no way I would ever have a girl go down on me or feel my dick with her hands when the very first thing she is going to feel is a giant tube. Wtf man. If i knew it would feel like this I never would have done it. I’m so F^@$!ng depressed again and it’s all I can think about now. This was supposed to be a moment of victory, me beating and moving past peyronies but I’ll never be able to if there are F^@$!ng tubes sticking out of the bottom of my dick and balls. If the left side felt exactly like the right I would be so happy with it. I’m wondering is there anything that can be done? Can anyone help me find an answer?

LightAtTheEndOfTheTunnel

• Voting Member
« Reply #24 on: January 26, 2022, 01:12:02 AM »

Sorry the pic was not working in my last post

Pfract

• Global Moderator
  • #whateverittakes
« Reply #25 on: January 27, 2022, 11:16:36 AM »

Hey man. I can't write a proper and long reply right now but I feel your frustration. Please try to stay calm here. You need to remember this is all very new and you are still healing. Your mindset will change! I will try to reach out to Hawk so he talks to you.

I saw the picture and you are indeed correct in that is very visible. But it was reassuring to know that Dr Kramer saw you and he thinks you are healing well. That is very important. As for the outcome you have now, I can't stress enough that you have to give it time, and once everything helps up and you get to use it you reassess the situation.

I am not belittling your problem but isn't it better to have no erection issues even if you have that tubing visible?

Also you can definitely get a second opinion and even go for a revision later on to correct this. It is not written in stone

rakeshgupta2021

• Voting Member
« Reply #26 on: January 28, 2022, 01:32:46 PM »

I had a scrotal swelling post surgery that was very tough to handle. It was the size of a tennis ball. It turned out that I had a smaller hydrocele before which probably became bigger from the trauma from the surgery. Dr. Karpman insisted that we wait a few months to see what happens. It appeared to be an unsatisfactory way of dealing with it at that time, but I feel now that it was the right thing. Rather than jump in and do something in a traumatized area...wait and take a measured approach. The scrotal swelling has improved a it with time.

The trauma from the surgery settles itself out in different ways in different people. Let that process finish itself out.  In that same process, the tubing etc.  will settle themselves. I used to feel the edge of the tubing very easily when everything was swollen. Now, I have to search for it.

you may want to consider the following:
1. Immediately, rule out an infection (do you have symptoms...pain, fever, continued increase in swelling. Ultrasound can help with knowing for sure)
2. 3-4 months after surgery...see where things are at, and decide the next course of action

If there is no infection, whatever you feel you need to do today  can be done 3 months later under better conditions.

60 yrs old, Peyronies since 58
A nickel size internal scar at base of penis causing 40-degree bend
Dr. Karpman - Titan Coloplast 18cm+2cm RTE implant in Oct 25, 2021.

JB999

• Voting Member
« Reply #27 on: January 28, 2022, 08:32:12 PM »

Agree with Rake on both points.  We all heal at our own paces, so unless you think something does need immediate attention, let yourself heal and then you can make the best decision.  FYI, for me, 3 months post surgery, I can feel the tubing on my left side.  It’s not prominent, but if I feel/press, I can feel them, more on the groin area.  Seems normal to me.  Took weeks before I felt this, not until swelling finally went down
59 years old. 
1st pain from Peyronies Nov 2019
Curvature started Jan 2020.  45 degree upward w/ narrowing
10/26/21 Dr. Karpman, excision/grafting surgery - Titan implant

Bud luck

• Major Contributor
« Reply #28 on: January 28, 2022, 08:39:28 PM »

JB999, if you feel the tubing, would the partner feel it also?.
Had a PRP shot Aug 2021
I have a girlfriend
Age 46

JB999

• Voting Member
« Reply #29 on: January 29, 2022, 02:28:54 PM »

For mine, no, not unless she was feeling for it.  I had her do that, and took her several seconds to actually feel it.  It’s not prominent enough to be obvious
59 years old. 
1st pain from Peyronies Nov 2019
Curvature started Jan 2020.  45 degree upward w/ narrowing
10/26/21 Dr. Karpman, excision/grafting surgery - Titan implant

Bud luck

• Major Contributor
« Reply #30 on: January 29, 2022, 07:14:32 PM »

Good, thank you
Had a PRP shot Aug 2021
I have a girlfriend
Age 46

LightAtTheEndOfTheTunnel

• Voting Member
« Reply #31 on: January 30, 2022, 01:49:49 AM »

@Prfact thanks for taking time to respond. I’m trying my best to stay calm. I completely understand I’m in the earliest stages of healing, but healing and pain have nothing to do with my issue. I’m very happy there is no infection and that I’m healing pretty fast, although my scrotum is still very sore at day 10. My scrotum swelled and became very painful when I cycled a couple days ago so I gave it a break, continued to rest, ice, heat, hot baths etc.

You acknowledge just from seeing that picture that the tubing is very visible which is not typical. It’s even worse than it looks honestly. If I am laying down or sitting and I put my hand around my shaft my pinky finger and ring finger immediately touch tubing. It would be very obvious to a girl there is something foreign in there. Dr. Kramer only examined me standing up and I admit it’s not as easily felt from a standing position. What I do feel when standing is what feels like a very hard piece of plastic pushing into the side of at the base where my penis meets my pubic bone. If I push on it a little i can move it around. It’s a piece of tubing that rises up high and it’s very uncomfortable and unnatural feeling. The right side doesn’t feel like that at all, it’s nice and smooth which is why I know the left side was not done right. He even said he struggled putting in the cylinder on the left so I’m not sure if that has anything to do with it. He said he could feel the tubing but that i was overthinking it and it could only be felt if I went searching for it. I totally disagree, it’s right at surface. At my next appointment I am going to demand that he examines me laying down where it is most prominent and show him exactly what i’m seeing and feeling. As we all know you don’t only have sex or get blowjobs while standing. Not only does it look strange and feel weird, it’s also very uncomfortable and somewhat painful overall. If it was buried and hard to find I could live with it, but there is tubing that comes up past the base of my penis onto the bottom of my shaft that you can’t miss when touching it. If I’m laying or sitting I get a big handful of tubing anytime I touch my penis, even lightly. The fact that I’m still healing is even more worry-some to be honest. Most likely the more the swelling goes down the more the tubing will be visible and palpable.

To answer your question is it better to have no erection issues even if i have visible tubing? Honestly no. I was able to get good hard erections prior to my implant albeit mostly with the help of Cialis. I could have sex in certain positions with no issue. The reason I opted for an implant was the hourglassing that robbed me of probably an inch of girth, hard flaccid, and non-stop painful erections for 5 years. As much as that sucked and drained me on a daily basis, the idea of having a girl i just met grab my dick and get a handful of plastic tubing is mortifying. I can already tell that is going to make me just as insecure as peyronies did. And trust me I do understand your logic, but I was not one of those guys with complete Erectile Dysfunction who could not get hard. If I was an older guy who has been in a serious long-term relationship with a loving, understanding girlfriend or wife then would the tubing bother me as much? Definitely not. But the fact that I’m 33 years old and single makes wrapping my head around this much harder. Yes there is a large pump in my scrotum that she could happen across, I was prepared for that based on everything I read. Everyone said over and over the only thing that’s different about your penis is the pump in your sack. Other than that nobody would ever be able to tell. but that’s so much easier to hide and disguise. You could even tell her before sex or a blowjob “hey my balls are really sensitive please don’t play with them”. It is impossible to disguise hard tubing that can be easily felt just by touching the penis. And I just hate the excuse that it’s all in my head or a girl would never feel it, or that i only feel it because I know it’s there. If I can feel it she can feel, period.

I’ve read countless implant journals on here and only saw a few mentions of tubing and it was never in regards to it being a serious problem or protruding through the skin. There was one person’s journal, I’m having trouble remembering exactly who it was but they mentioned they could feel a lot of tubing. Hawk replied and said he never had any issues with tubing and could only feel it if he really dug deep and searched around the scrotum. So let me ask you this…. how can my surgery be considered a success if I have the exact same implant as many others on this site yet they do not have the same issue with visible/palpable tubing? Let’s take Hawk’s implant for example, he has a Titan 22cm with no RTE’s. That is the EXACT same implant I have. If he is not having the same issues I’m having then he clearly had a more successful implant and it was done by a surgeon of a higher caliber. I’ve heard plenty of praise on here for Kramer but after exploring other forums I have seen plenty of patients who had less than satisfactory results with him (pump too high, visible tubing similar to mine etc). It’s nearly impossible to find any of those issues with patients of Dr. Eid. Of course the main measure of success when it comes to a surgery like this is functionally, but esthetics and patient satisfaction should also be a major factor in determining whether or not the procedure is a success. If I’m just trading one insecurity for another then what’s the point?

But I do appreciate the feedback from all you guys and you’re absolutely right there is nothing i could or should do right at this moment. I need to completely heal and reassess in a few months time. My only question is if it’s something I can’t deal with what are my options? Is a revision always a complete replacement of the implant or could i do a minor procedure to hide the tubing? If so I’d be stuck either dealing with the pain and insecurities of having tubing pushing against the base of my penis and protruding out through my scrotum or having to start this entire process over and pray it turns out the way I want. My life always seems to be one problem taking the place of another. I’ll see what happens and keep you posted.

Bud luck

• Major Contributor
« Reply #32 on: January 30, 2022, 11:20:37 AM »

What does the "Doctor" tell you about your situation? Does he admits that there is a problem or he just uses the typical "is all in your head" like all the other "Doctors" do?. Are you willing to do a revision? Is the revision covered or you'll have to pay again?. Do not give up, maybe the situation will improve later, you have all my support
Had a PRP shot Aug 2021
I have a girlfriend
Age 46

tomas1

• Solid Contributor
« Reply #33 on: January 30, 2022, 11:35:27 AM »

I've been trying to visualize what could cause your problem with the tubing.

In my mind's eye, I think an implant sans RTE's should go deep into the crus and the tubing should travel along the shaft and exit the crus very near the base.

The only thing that makes sense to me is that the implant doesn't nearly go deep enough into the crus.
If something prevented this in surgery, it should have been addressed.

I'm not sure if you've started cycling the implants yet, but when you do, I hope you can try to force the left side implant deeper into the crus.
You really don't scar tissue to accumulate in there which would make that impossible or more difficult.

Worst case scenario would be contacting Dr Eid to see what he could do. I do think Dr Kramer's credibility could take a hit over the way he is (mis)handling this.

83 years old.
Monitoring it for now.

Bud luck

• Major Contributor
« Reply #34 on: January 30, 2022, 11:55:15 AM »

Dr Kramer mistake should be reported on his clinic reviews, so other men can be warned, Doctors have to be held accountable for their actions, because of the "doctors" actions I ended up with a deformed penis
Had a PRP shot Aug 2021
I have a girlfriend
Age 46

Pfract

• Global Moderator
  • #whateverittakes
« Reply #35 on: January 30, 2022, 12:41:28 PM »

Dr Kramer mistake should be reported on his clinic reviews, so other men can be warned, Doctors have to be held accountable for their actions, because of the "doctors" actions I ended up with a deformed penis

Let's wait and see how it turns out after everything is fully healed. Then, if so, I agree.

Roddy

• Solid Contributor
« Reply #36 on: January 30, 2022, 03:33:01 PM »

I think you must contact Dr Kramer and request he see you again. This time take the opportunity to show him what your concerns are when lying down. You are correct in what you say, sex does happen lying down most of the time so its important that you explain yourself clearly to Dr Kramer and make sure he completely knows you are dissatisfied with your outcome. Bud Luck is correct in what he says about Kramer’s reputation taking a hit if he doesn’t treat your concerns with the seriousness they deserve. You come across as a perfectly level headed, articulate, individual with real concern about a very sub-optimal outcome so stand your ground and make sure you come out of his practice with proper answers.

tshug

• Voting Member
« Reply #37 on: January 30, 2022, 04:01:01 PM »

I’m sorry that you’re having to deal with this. Hopefully once you’ve fully healed things will be better.

The next time you meet with Dr Kramer, if the tubing is still easy to feel and he insists everything is ok and won’t address it you should try to talk to Dr Eid and get his thoughts.  After my first implant my surgeon also insisted everything was alright even though he had clearly undersized the cylinders.

71 Yrs old
Radical prostatectomy in 2017.
That surgery left me incontinent
2018  implanted AUS 800 artificial Urinary Sphincter
Erectile Dysfunction & Peyronies
AMS CX Penile Implant Surgery 12/16/2020
Revision- CX replaced with a Titan 20cm + 1 rte 10/26/21 Dr Eid

Curvekiller94

• Major Contributor
« Reply #38 on: January 31, 2022, 08:31:40 AM »

I’m sorry dude I hope it gets better. Keep us posted. I suspect you are still swollen and that swelling could be pushing some tubing toward the surface maybe.

I wish you a great recovery keep your head up. You’ll be able to [email protected]< all night literally in any postion you want. Something to think about is that when you are with a girl and she is rubbing your dick you will still inflate with blood and that will likely cover the tubing. I know it’s not easy just trying to stay positive. Some people (espically young guys) can still maintain some sort of erection with an implant. Because you didn’t have problems prior to implant I would be willing to be that is the case
26 y/o
28° up 28° Left
Gf is supportive

LightAtTheEndOfTheTunnel

• Voting Member
« Reply #39 on: January 31, 2022, 07:57:24 PM »

Things were hectic here the past couple days with the blizzard in the northeast so I just got around to reading everyones responses. Coincidentally as I was typing out my response my phone rang and it was Dr. Kramer. I had an appointment scheduled with him for this week but he called to say the office is closed due to the weather. No big deal. He then asked me how things were going. I told him things were getting better in terms of healing. I told him I’ve been able to cycle 4 times with about 25 pumps each time and he said that’s great and I’m well ahead of schedule compared to some others. Great. Then he said what else is going on, any concerns? I said yes, the same thing I was concerned about last time, at the left base on my penis I feel a big bundle of tubing especially when laying down or sitting. He seemed somewhat annoyed that I brought this up again and before I could finish he began to talk over me. He said I’ve done thousands of these surgeries and I try to bury the tubing as best I can. Yes, it can be felt if you go searching but at least it’s not at the surface or riding up over the penis, then it could be a problem. He tends to ramble and not let you get a word in  which really annoys me so i stopped him and I said no, I don’t have to go searching for it, it’s right at the surface and it rides up past the bottom of my shaft on the left. I know what I’m feeling. Then with more annoyance in his tone has said “Well I hear your concerns and I’m not trying to downplay it but it’s just something you’re going to have to deal with. There’s nothing I can do about it now, it is what it is. I’m not going to do another surgery for something like that, it would have be a major issue in order for me to operate again. Try not to think about it.”

So I was essentially told tough crap, even if i made a mistake and didn’t bury the tubing deep enough you’re just going to have to deal with it. Always something you want to hear from a surgeon who you put your complete trust in. I’m furious, disappointed, unsure, slightly depressed, all of the above. I’m going to give this a couple weeks to heal, I have a follow up with him in a couple weeks and if nothing changes I am going to get a second opinion and do everything in my power to push for a revision. Not only is it unsightly and feel strange, it’s very uncomfortable and pushing into the base of my shaft. I’m going to include more pictures so you guys can see exactly what I’m talking about and where exactly I feel it. I’d love to get more feedback if anyone else with an implant has experienced this. I read tubing can be more prominent if RTE’s are used and you have low body fat. I have neither of those, not RTE’s and I’m about 25 pounds overweight.

Bud luck

• Major Contributor
« Reply #40 on: January 31, 2022, 10:08:44 PM »

If nothing change you have to write a review on his website, he probably did it before but the guys didn't complain, I bet you a million dollars that you are not the first one. I learned the hard way how the "Doctors" hide their mistakes and how they manipulate the side effects......
And by the way, thank you for warning us about Dr Kramer
Had a PRP shot Aug 2021
I have a girlfriend
Age 46

Pfract

• Global Moderator
  • #whateverittakes
« Reply #41 on: February 01, 2022, 09:14:17 AM »

LightAtTheEndOfTheTunnel:

I am very sorry to read that. Made my jaw drop and I feel for you and how it turned out to be when all you wanted was peace and a resolution to your problem.

I will tell you to calm down as hard as it may be, and that also you can get in contact with Dr Eid. He does a lot of revisions too, has plenty of YouTube Videos that you can see and did Hawk's and others implants.

https://www.urologicalcare.com/

Book a virtual appointment with him or phone if you prefer. Hopefully you will get the support you deserve if you do get in contact with him. Please stay strong.

LightAtTheEndOfTheTunnel

• Voting Member
« Reply #42 on: February 01, 2022, 04:07:16 PM »

I can’t afford to go to Dr. Eid or anything other doctor who doesn’t take my insurance so it’s really pointless for me to contact him. I went with Kramer because he was in my network and I’d heard good things on here about him being “one of the two best in the world” but I’m now having deep regrets. The way he’s handled me since the implant was put in has been arrogant and dismissive at times.

Pfract

• Global Moderator
  • #whateverittakes
« Reply #43 on: February 01, 2022, 07:40:50 PM »

You can't afford to go to him, but you can get a second opinion and see what he has to say. If he says you need a revision, who's to say you can't enjoy this implant and save money for a revision and then go to him?

Hazelboy98

• Voting Member
« Reply #44 on: February 01, 2022, 09:41:29 PM »

I’m now having deep regrets. The way he’s handled me since the implant was put in has been arrogant and dismissive at times.

Does the side where you feel the tubing hurt or was it just unsightly to you? I personally didn't really notice the tubing you highlighted but if it feels painful then I feel like they should be obligated to adjust it to be less painful if possible

Other than that though, how's the implant working, was everything else within expectations?
24 yrs old    Descended from Heaven on 11/27/97

Severe pain and shape changes started on Nov 30th, 2020 from injury

Shape was back to normal by December 2021
Still have some pain but hoping that will eventually go away too =D

Chicago!

Curvekiller94

• Major Contributor
« Reply #45 on: February 01, 2022, 11:04:50 PM »

I’m sorry man what a douche bag:( keep your head up man
26 y/o
28° up 28° Left
Gf is supportive

LightAtTheEndOfTheTunnel

• Voting Member
« Reply #46 on: February 02, 2022, 07:58:25 AM »

By the time I save $30,000 for a revision Dr Eid will be retired lol. But i am going to explore doctors in my network for a 2nd and 3rd opinion. I just hope Kramer acknowledges that what I’m feeling isn’t typical. He completely tried to downplay it last time. If he won’t fix it i’ll find someone who will.

@hazelboy98 yeah it hurts when it touch it. It’s literally hard plastic jabbing into the side and base of my penis. I can feel the hard piece that connects the tubing riding up past my shaft. If i take two fingers and pinch i can pick up a big bundle of tubes. It’s so annoying.

That’s the only reason downside other than the scrotum swelling. I’ve been back working the past couple days and I’ve noticed my stitches have started to bleed. A little concerned about that, it’s been 2 weeks and they haven’t dissolved. Other than that I’m extremely happy with it. My penis has never looked better than it does right now. It looks I’ve gained about 1 1/2 inches in girth which I desperately needed. I’ve wanted to be thick my whole life and I finally am. In the spots where I had hourglassing I was about a 4inch girth which is a pathetic pencil dick. I’m now close to 6 inches in girth when fully aroused.i have to measure again to get an exact measurement but it’s unbelievable how much thicker I am overnight. I just wish I didn’t have this goddamn tubing issue. I hate bitching, moaning, and complaining I’ve done enough of that the past 5 years I’ve dealt while dealing peyronies. It’s the last thing I want to do but I know this tubing issue isn’t right. I just want to get on with my life and put all this crap behind me.

anon1986

• Voting Member
« Reply #47 on: February 02, 2022, 04:49:12 PM »

If you’re in the New England area (I’m assuming because Kramer is on the Cape now) you could try giving Dr. Ricardo Munarriz a call. During my first consult with Dr Hakky he said if I didn’t want to travel all the way to Georgia than he recommended Dr Munarriz.

Curvekiller94

• Major Contributor
« Reply #48 on: February 03, 2022, 11:05:43 PM »

Hey glad to hear it’s not all negatives! I think that there is a chance the pain gets better as swelling goes down and maybe even less prominent tubing. I’m not a doctor but the surgery still has been rather recent
26 y/o
28° up 28° Left
Gf is supportive

Curvekiller94

• Major Contributor
« Reply #49 on: February 08, 2022, 05:17:26 PM »

Hey man hope you’re having in there any updates?
26 y/o
28° up 28° Left
Gf is supportive
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up