Second placation scheduled

Previous topic - Next topic

68andbent

As some of you have followed me and have seen my photo's,  it all started like overnight in 2019.  After 18 months I had placation. That was last July. My problem then was I was a curve to the left.  After being straightened out last year, this year I started to turn north.. I am now at 45-50 degree's upward.
My question with the surgery, is peyronies a continuing condition after placation?  I am scheduled to have this curve redone with another placation in February.  I worry that if this is a disease that does not go away, am I looking at another surgery in another year.  I am having a different well know on this site Dr. do it this time.  I also had a hematoma on my last surgery about 10 weeks out which he did take a needle and take out a good amount of blood.
The Dr. that is doing this placation may remove all the prior stitches and start from scratch.  
My question is, am i fighting a losing battle?  
Started 3 yrs ago. Had placation in July 2019. Second in 2022
I did notice shortening 
Second one distroyed sex life and left me with a lifetime of 24x7 penile pain.

bustedchubb

No, I think you just had one more step to get there than you should have faced.  Many on this forum had some trials and tribulations before getting to the promised land.  Tdix is a very good example. Had Xiaflex, caused a fracture, then had excision and grafting, caused severe erectile dysfunciton, and ultimately led him to an implant and now is doing fantastic.    You got a great surgeon lined up and really from the sounds of your first surgery one of 2 things happened, 1) you weren't done with the disease process (mine started left and went upward as well all on its own.) or 2) first surgeon did a crap job.   You more than likely are very settled down at this point as you haven't had any further worsening in a long while.  Hang in there!
45 Yrs old, Peyronies Disease Onset 11/2019, Stabilized 6/2020.

Dent/Hourglassing distal and dorsal side, lost length and girth.

Underwent Plication with Dr. Brian Christine in Birmingham, AL on 6/17/2021. Fully recovered with no complications.