Where do I start?

Previous topic - Next topic

jp84

Well I have done alot of reading and alot of wondering just as I thought my life couldn't get any worse I have developed Peyronies Disease.  I recently returned from Afghanistan to a cheating wife who left me and took everything including my kid and dog.  I have a nice size nodule in the middle of my shaft which is pretty painful.  I recently met the most beautiful girl and this happened!  I believe it is in the early stages as I do not have any deformity yet just the lump and pain.  I see a urologist tomorrow and they are navy doctors which lack the experience of more seasoned civilian urologists so I know I'm going to have to make some reccomendations if they offer me no help.  So where do I start and how do i attack this?  My sex life and this new girl in my life is all I have left.  Please help I have falling back deep into a depression and I have never been so scared in my life and I have been shot at, mortared, and rocketed.  Please tell me where to start.  Thank you so much for your time ??? ??? ??? ???

LWillisjr

jp84,
First off.... don't assume you have Peyronies Disease. You indicate the nodule is painful, but do you have pain during an erection? For sure the nodule needs to be checked out.

Generally there is pain during erection and curvature which can interfere with sex and or intercourse. If your erection is straight, then this shouldn't interfere with sex.  ??

If you don't have confidence in the Navy doctors, there are several civilian doctors who specialize in Peyronies Disease and we can recommend based on where you live.

Les
Developed peyronies 2007 - 70 degree dorsal curve
Traction/MEDs/Injections/Surgery 2008 16 years Peyronies free now
My History

jetedwardz

sorry to hear of ur d bag wife. i think after spending more time on this site u will see that even if u have Peyronies Disease u can take steps to alleviate the symptoms mental physical and pain wise sounds lik u should def push for the pentox u can read on here plenty bout the dosage and frequency. i havent been able to get it yet after 2 uros; just cuz they r clueless to this for the most part and maybe because they are likin the wait and see approach

GS

jp,

Trust me, the last thing you want to do in a situation like this is awfulize the future.  Go to the doctor, find out what your situation is and what your options are.  Then, after you have some solid information, you can put togeher a game plan of how to treat whatever it is.

If it turns out to be Peyronies, it's not the end of the world or even the end of your sex life.  I've had Peyronies for almost 3 years now and I only abstained from sex for 30 days; that was my doctor's advice when I was first diagnosed and while I was still in the inflammatory stage of the disease.

Peyronies sucks and it's a terrible thing for a man to have to go through, but it's not life threatening and it can be treated.  There is a lot of really valuable information on this forum; research it, get the drugs and supplements, treat yourself as best you can and go on with your life.  Peyronies can only ruin your life if you allow it to.

GS

Worried Guy

If you are not showing any deformity yet it may not develop any further.  15% of men get better, 45% stay the same and 40 get worse.  That 40% is if you take no treatments and there are some now available.  Only 5% of men go on to need surgery.  If your penis ends up being a little bent chances are your girlfriend will not even notice unless you tell her.  It looks worse to us because we live with it.  My girlfriend can not tell the difference and I don't believe she is just being nice either.