Peyronies Society Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Dr. Landon Trost - Directly answering member questions in the "Medical Professionals" section below the Treatment boards. https://www.peyroniesforum.net/index.php/topic,16512.0.html

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: emotional stress suppresses the immune system  (Read 62 times)

20yo

• Voting Member
emotional stress suppresses the immune system
« on: November 19, 2021, 01:27:19 PM »

hi guys.
It's me, 20yo. The name is misleading since I am since less than a month 21.
But anyway. I am a medicine student and I wanted to shared what I recently learned.
It is very intuitive but the fact that is well renowed knowledge may make you think.
You may know that peyronie's disease is (supposedly) due to an incorrect wound healing of some microtraumas.
Wound healing is orchestrated by the immune system and by its cells.
In cases of intense emotional distress, stress hormones, namely cortisol, adrenaline and noradrenaline, are secreted by the adrenal cortex and adrenal medulla (a gland on top of the kidney).
This has the goal of activating the fight or flight response, making more glucose available in the blood and raising blood pressure and cardiac output, and many other effects.
Well, among the many effects, these hormones suppress the immune response. This is just physiology 1.0 mind me, it is not a speculation it is very well proven and renowed.
The body suppresses immune response in an attempt to save energy for whatever stress the body is facing.
At this point you must know where i'm headed.
Healing from depression, and healing from the state of intense emotional distress will have as a consequence a better response to the scarring. The two things are intertwined.
Adrenal gland is in fact connected to the brain by some nerves (some people consider the adrenal medulla as part of the nervous system because it is made of cells very similar to neurons).

On top of this, depression has been linked to lower testosterone, and testosterone also has an important role in wound healing.

In conclusion. Please take depression seriously, it is a disease and it can be cured, with the right steps.
Once your body will not have plenty of cortisol in the bloodstream chances are immune cells will be a lot more prone to deal with Peyronie's and scarring in general
take care
20 yo, Peyronies Disease 2020(55 degrees down) + congenital curve
loss of length, stable erection, sensation. hourglassing
antioxidants, hyaluronic acid injected & oral, maybe Yachia in future
Recently started VED 2x a week
Still wants sex and a relationship
Pages: [1]   Go Up