Urologist hurt me

Previous topic - Next topic

SerenityPrayer

I was diagnosed two years ago -- the main symptom has been pain. I returned to the urologist two months ago to ask about lingering discomfort. He did the Peyronies exam (squeezing very hard all over the place). It hurt pretty bad. Now, ten weeks later, my pain is worse than ever. I am so frustrated. I went to the urologist to improve discomfort, and he left me to suffer with awful pain. And pain in places where I didn't have any before. So here are my questions:

(1) Has anyone else had this experience, where the urologist actually made pain worse?
(2) What does this say about my condition, to be this sensitive to the Peyronies exam? Does anyone have insight into what this cause/effect might indicate, and how the issue can be treated? Is this an expected outcome of hard flaccid, rather than Peyronies per se?

The urologist claims that his exam should do no damage, but he's definitely wrong in my case.
45 y/o, married, Peyronie's started Oct 2019, flaccid: pain/discomfort, erect: sensitive and some pain, flaccid: slight bend/dent on left side, erect: no bending (yet), took ibuprofen and tylenol for pain, searching for treatments to reduce pain

madscientist

Hey dude,

Hope all's well.

Palpating the plaque definitely can exacerbate inflammation, akin to scratching a rash. I can see why the doctor wanted to localize the plaques (to follow your progress) but this can be assessed more accurately with a simple Ultrasound.

Ardently avoid palpating at all costs and be stern about your decision to get an ultrasound. You have to advocate for yourself.

Madsci
If you want answers, Please help us by filling in your signature block

Click here for Directions