Help with decision

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawk

Only you can decide what is more comfortable for you.  

Deflation is essential at the early stages or you might never be able to stay fully deflated.  You can partially deflate for an hour or two a day but you have to stretch the reservoir capsul.

If possible I recommend wearing your penis up or at least up at an angle in the crease of your leg, especially early on.  There is some evidence that it will give you a more upright erection/inflation.

The more pain you have when inflated the more you are stretching, the longer your penis will be a year from now.  As you lengthen, the folds will reduce, AND as months go by the cylinders will get softer.

Hopefully, at that point, you will conclude you were aggressively sized and not oversized.  

It is a little difficult to grasp that we have a member undersized and might have one oversized by the same surgeon at the same time.  This surgeon had to do 2 revisions for two failed implants on another member.  That member left the forum before he ever had his issues fully resolved.  
Prostatectomy 2004, radiation 2009, currently 70 yrs old
After pills, injections, VED - Dr Eid, Titan 22cm implant 8/7/18
Hawk - Updated 10/27/18 - Peyronies Society Forums

philtered

Thanks hawk

I asked prof ralph if i was oversized and he said no it was definitely aggressively sized and he made sure the tips are well into the glands, which they are. I'm sure this will all work out fine, its just that one very sharp dog ear is taking my head at the moment.

If you mean myself and jimmi being oversized and undersized by the same surgeon, i was implanted by prof ralph in london and jimmi was implanted by dr frazer in scotland.
AGE 59
Acute since  Dec 2017
VED, traction & supplements
Went from 30 degree curve to 80 during acute stage  stabilized since May 2019
Curvature calculated at 80 degrees by Dr Ralph from emailed photo.
Titan  22cm with 1cm RTE's Prof ralph Feb 2022

Hawk

Quote from: philtered on March 31, 2022, 04:59:59 PM

If you mean myself and jimmi being oversized and undersized by the same surgeon, i was implanted by prof ralph in london and jimmi was implanted by drfrazer in scotland.

Thanks for correcting me.  The two best-known UK implant surgeons ran together as I was reading posts by both of you.  I would rather gamble with an oversize and go on a quest to stretch the implant.

philtered

I lost alot of length to peyronies so hopefully this 22cm titan can gain me some of it back.
AGE 59
Acute since  Dec 2017

Hawk

Quote from: philtered on March 31, 2022, 05:16:07 PM
 I lost alot of length to peyronies so hopefully this 22cm titan can gain me some of it back.

Philtered, I think it will, especially since you are aggressively sized.  That gain will not come however without significant prolonged discomfort from cycling.  As mentioned in several places on the forum, you will have much more success extending time in a very hot bath.  The heat relaxes the penile tissue, softens the cylinders, and most importantly, disrupts the pain signals.  Even then you should push yourself for every second you can endure until you get to at least one hour.  When you had all you think you can endure say "I will listen to one more song then deflate."  If the second had is on the 9 when the song is over say, "I will hit deflate when the second-hand hits the 12."

That's how you get gains, especially in the early months of cycling.

philtered

Quote from: Hawk on April 01, 2022, 08:37:32 AM
Philtered, I think it will, especially since you are aggressively sized.  That gain will not come however without significant prolonged discomfort from cycling.  As mentioned in several places on the forum, you will have much more success extending time in a very hot bath.  The heat relaxes the penile tissue, softens the cylinders, and most importantly, disrupts the pain signals.  Even then you should push yourself for every second you can endure until you get to at least one hour.  When you had all you think you can endure say "I will listen to one more song then deflate."  If the second had is on the 9 when the song is over say, "I will hit deflate when the second-hand hits the 12."

That's how you get gains, especially in the early months of cycling.

I'm plowing through the seasons of walking dead on my laptop while i'm in the bath and i inflate and watch a whole episode. Not sure if that's an hour. When you say prolonged pain, i pump until the pump gets very hard and the tip of my penis starts hurting a bit. I put a few more small pumps in after a while. Is the tip the main place i should feel pain? I'm aware and kind of afraid that the tips of my implant are very far into my glands, (dr ralph was pleased about this) and i've read people talking about erosion etc if you push this too hard.  How much pain in that region should i feel? Sometimes it's a burning pain that can shoot down the shaft a bit, but sometimes it doesn't hurt at all. I also have a small plaque on the left just under the glands and this feels a bit sore afterwards.
AGE 59
Acute since  Dec 2017

Hawk

I think you are over thinking this.  Erosion is real but rare.  It is at least very uncommon.  It is most often associated with malleable implants and those who stay significantly inflated for several hours a day over a period of months.

Trying to describe a level of pain you should feel or the area of the penis most involved is impossible.  I think you are doing exactly what you should and every week (not every day) will feel better.

I think one day a few months down the road you will say "I can stay inflated for a hours with no significant discomfort, there are no folds in my implant when inflated, and I have regained some significant length.

philtered

To be fair i overthink everything ;D

Thanks hawk i think you're right, patience is the key.
AGE 59
Acute since  Dec 2017

Hawk

I am an overthinker myself so it was easy to recognize.

Remember my slogan, "This is a marathon, not a sprint".  Like a drip into a bucket, it seems like it is making no progress if you watch it, but focus on other things and it is shocking how fast it fills.

Be diligent cycling and one day you will use it and realize you are a new man,  The clock is turned back years.  It won't just be a huge improvement when you have sex.  Your brain will improve even more than your penis and you will be aware of that improvement every waking minute and some, even while sleeping.

Stepone

Yes, we are thankful for Hawks patience in these matters. I remember some advice I got from Hawk, once I could pump to
Maximum, and leave it pumped for an hour.
The advice was to pump it up before anyone else did. I can remember having coffee, watching the news, reading emails, all while being naked and my pumped up penis pointing in front of me whenever I walked. It did take my
Mind off the pain.
Something to think about.
Glad you are progressing.
StepOne  
Nesbit surgery 2015, 66 years young, Titan Implant 4/25/19, 22cm, Dr. Lentz, Duke University NC

Jimmi85

I had a little gym workout last night and did some ironing whilst i was fully pumped and completely starkers.

I couldn't believe how quickly an hour went by.

Doing something to taking your mind off the pain is key.  
37 yr old type 1 diabetic. Implanted with a 18cm Titan by Michael Fraser 14/2/22 using scrotal incision. Has implant due to 70 dorsal curvature, erections were average ore surgery

philtered

Hi . i was going to do a 12 week round up on friday as things have been improving slowly, but i have a bit of an issue at the moment. I had some glands pain when cycling during last week and since then my foreskin has been quite sore and red. I've put some sudocrem on but that doesn't seem to help, my glands seem slightly swollen as well. Anyway this morning i noticed my urine was a bit sticky/slimy after i'd finished peeing, but i've drunk lots of water and this seems better. I'm not overly concerned but i've also felt a bit tired the last couple of days and woke in the night sweating after a bad dream. I had covid last week but i wasn't really ill and i've been negative since thursday. Maybe i have a mild uti after the covid or something? Anyway hope it's nothing and will resolve but i'll keep an eye on it and update soon.
AGE 59
Acute since  Dec 2017

Stepone

Philtered, could you add your age to your signature?
It's difficult to say what's going on because you had COVID, but I am in agreement with you that it seems like a UTI.
BUT, I think I would wait another day or two, drink lots of water, and see if things change.
I think I would see if you can see a urologist about the possible UTI and then if it's nothing, cancel the appointment. Usually if you say you think you have a UTI, they will normally see you within 1-2 days.
UTI's are nothing to play with.
Be smart and pay close attention
StepOne
Also if you do have a UTI, and depending on your age, try to avoid ciproflaxacin. If you are older like me, CIPRO can have tendon issues.
StepOne  
Nesbit surgery 2015, 66 years young, Titan Implant 4/25/19, 22cm, Dr. Lentz, Duke University NC

philtered

Ive added my age i'm 59 60 on the 11th of may.

I'M really scared i've got an infection now can't sleep, i haven't got a temperature but i was feeling really cold earlier and my glans feel sore. scrotum and pump feel fine though.
AGE 59
Acute since  Dec 2017

Hawk

Get medical attention.  This is not a time to get scared or stressed.  It is a time, for one thing, -> ACTION.

You probably don't have an infected implant but you have something.  IF you have an infected implant you must act NOW.  Don't take even a small chance of going septic.

Any infection needs to be treated or it will only cause you more complications.  Get to a good doctor!

Stepone

Let us know what the doctor says.
StepOne  

philtered

I went to my local health centre and left a urine sample with them this morning. They dipped it and it has white blood cells which signals a UTI. i went in to see a young doctor this afternoon, he took temperature, blood pressure pulse etc and did a quick examination. He thinks it' a UTI and the implant looks ok, he said it would be swollen if it was infected. They'll send off the urine for analysis and ive got 7 days antibiotics macrobid nitrofurantoin. Touchwood that will clear it up and i'll be ok. Professor ralph said he can see me friday to ease my mind.
AGE 59
Acute since  Dec 2017

Stepone

Thanks for your report.
Glad you are getting good medical treatment.
StepOne  

philtered

So i'm just over 13 weeks since surgery and it's been a real rollercoaster. The uti i mentioned above wasn't a uti at all when the lab results came back , i actually have acute diverticulitis and ended up on another load of antibiotics.

I've carried on cycling throughout and i'm really happy with my erection angle which is between 10 and 11 oclock, like i was in my twenties ha ha. I'm about 6 inches length,   girth is 5 1/4 at the base 5 the rest and i can definitely push for more.

I haven't used it for sex yet as my wife was diagnosed with a tiny breast cancer lump in a mamogram test and had to have surgery not long after mine and she's had follow up radiotherapy as well so it's not been on the cards for either of us.

My main problem is still the dog ears to be honest. Most of them are fine, just lumps and bumps and quite soft already really. But there's one that does a complete fold all the way across when deflated. It really juts out of the side like a spike and the other end pokes into the meatus and the other cylinder on the other side which can be painful. I've done two lots of 1 hour cycling a day the last few days and now it feels really sore and the meatus around my urethra feels swollen and a bit sore and the tunica feels really sore. It actually made me jump in pain when i deflated today. Can dog ears damage the tunica? Both professor ralph and the titan rep said it can't a few weeks ago but i'm not so sure it hurts atm.

I'm still not sure how far to deflate for work etc. If i squeeze it all out it's more comfortable but ends up really disfigured and lumpy bumpy by the end of the day and the dog ears seem more engrained and hard. If i leave it semi inflated it's ok for short periods but gets uncomfortable after time.

Anyway onwards and upwards and i'm just praying this huge dog ear softens up so it's all hunky dory.

Edit my pump is also quite high as it was stuck in a hematoma to my scrotum and testicle for a while. It's completely detached from them now, is it too late to pull it down a bit. I think the tubing is too embedded now.

AGE 59
Acute since  Dec 2017

Hawk

I would ask my doctor but without a very clear OK, I would NOT attempt to tug down on it.

Can you feel any folds or irregularities in your cylinders when fully deflated?

Those dog ears will soften.  I used to constantly message them when laying in bed.  I would squeeze on each corner until it flattened in the other direction.  I have no clue if this caused them to soften any sooner or not.  They will soften for well over a year.

philtered

hi hawk thanks for your answers.

All the outer dog ears disappear now when i inflate, or if i really study hard with my finger i can feel a tiny nipple where the big one is.But the inner one that's causing pain at the moment is hard to tell as it's directly in the centre of my penis you cant feel it ,but i'd say it disappears too. But as soon as i start deflating it folds and goes about 3/4s of the way across until it hits the cylinder the other side. This is probably what causes it to jut out on the other side.

The other bumps i can push and manipulate easily and quite obsessively ;D, but this one is rock hard and very sharp. I think the central one may have dug in to something in the centre when i was squeezing hard to do a 2nd deflate and it's sore, i may have a day off cycling and let it settle down, although now inflated is far more comfortable than deflated because of that dog ear at the moment.
AGE 59
Acute since  Dec 2017

Hawk

I suspect that you might have been very aggressively sized (very slightly oversized for the moment). It is an annoying but small price to pay for getting all the size back that is possible. This means you have either larger or more dog ears when deflated and maybe slight indications that the cylinders are not stretched completely smooth when inflated.  

This should all be corrected in time as you gain length and the cylinders soften. The cylinder softening is affected by cycling but probably even more because Titan cylinders are Hydrophilic. The hydrophilic coating allows the cylinders to take on the antibiotic layer of choice before implant. It also takes on and absorbs body fat over time. I think cylinder softening continued for two years with my Titan.

Are you still feeling any discomfort from the stretch after being inflated for an hour?

philtered

Very slight discomfort after an hour of inflation some towards the end if ive done a full double hand pump.

I've definitely done something this week as i'm experiencing discomfort all the time the last few days. i thought it was a bit better yesterday so i did a morning and evening inflation and i had some pain in the night, especially along the bottom near the dog ear. I cant think what i did really, maybe some aggressive cycling at the weekend and one masturbation session. I sent a picture to ralph and he said it looked ok. Maybe i should rest it for a while.
AGE 59
Acute since  Dec 2017

Stepone

Philtered,
I looked back at the calendar from when I had my implant in the first year and found that I had some painful dog ears too.
The dog ear on my right said stuck out under my skin and felt sharp. I put Vaseline on the skin after taking a shower for several months and then applied Vaseline as needed, after some playtime. To this day I still have dog ears but they have softened.
I would lie in bed and press on them trying to smooth them out.
I think over time they would have softened on their own, but the Vaseline felt so good on my penis.
One thing I noted was that during the winter months, I noticed my penis got very cold at times and I thought that can't be good. So I sometimes would wear extra tight jock to keep it against my abdomen.
The hot tub or sauna always seemed to make it feel better and/or inside my spouse. Lol
So I think you are doing ok and it's just a part of the process.
I also had noted random severe penis pains from time to time. But they lasted a few seconds and a rearrangement of the pump or penis stoped the pain. Some just disappeared on their own.
As I have said, we all have different levels of pain.
I seldom masturbate as my spouse and We have an active sex life, but there were times that I just need to do it.
Sometimes I masturbate not pumped and other times fully pumped. I can't explain it, except my unpumped girth feels more like my old penis, where my pumped penis feels like a porn star penis. Lol
I don't recall you saying, but did you get increased girth? I know it's still early as I was increasing for almost a full year.
Hope this helps
StepOne