Couple of questions if you all have time/thoughts

Previous topic - Next topic

PeteNYC10003

I have a 60% bend, no real pain, which I'm grateful for.  I've also lost a decent amount of length and, for what it's worth, I wasn't working with a lot before the Peyronie's.

I tried Xiaflex, but it just didn't work for me.  No real improvement.  My plaque is really hard and quite large and it wasn't making a difference.

Next stop seems to be surgery.

I'd like to go with grafting so I can hopefully restore some lost length.  Even though I don't have ED, my doctor is still recommending an implant along with the surgery.  He feels that being able to keep the penis in an erect state during healing leads to improved outcomes.  And also that I'd probably want an implant eventually anyway.

He also doesn't de-glove the penis for the surgery.  he makes an incision and goes in that way.  He says it is less risk of damaging nerves and blood vessels.

This is someone who is very very well reviewed on this website and is well known in NYC.

Of course I'm going to get a few more opinions (any suggestions on who are welcomed).

Thoughts?
If you want answers, Please help us by filling in your signature block

Click here for Directions

JustAGuy2020

I had incision/grafting w/o implant initially, it failed and I ended up getting another incision/grafting (to correct the first one) + implant (with a different doc) a year later.  My experience would say just go for the implant now but its obviously a very personal decision.  If you are working with Dr Eid, from the various forum members it sounds like you are in the best possible hands but I have not personally worked with him.  If you need a 2nd opinion, I think Dr Levine (Chicago) has been great.  
55 y/o, Peyronies Disease onset 2018, diag 2/19.
Pentox failed, Ref to U-Michigan, doppler showed 45D right curve and 80D dorsal w hinge effect.
Incision/grafting/plication at U-M 9/20 failed.
Implant / graft repair with Dr Levine (Chicago) 9/21, successful so far

PeteNYC10003

Thanks for the response.  I am working with Dr. Eid who I highly recommend.  Super nice guy as is the office staff.

I'll look up Dr. Levine for a second opinion.

JB999

Pete, I am 11 or so days from my surgery - excision with grafting, and an implant.  Dr Karpman here in the Bay Area does the de-gloving technique.  I had 45 degree bend, with decent amount of calcified plaque.  Lost length, girth, with some narrowing.  I opted to not try traction, iaxflex, etc, and just go for a complete fix.  I am no shorter than pre-surgery, and hope to get some back to be closer to pre-peyronies.  Definitely added pre everything girth.  I'm still healing, and have some more to go through, but am very happy I went this route, if any is this helps.  Good luck
59 years old. 
1st pain from Peyronies Nov 2019
Curvature started Jan 2020.  45 degree upward w/ narrowing
10/26/21 Dr. Karpman, excision/grafting surgery - Titan implant

PeteNYC10003

That is super helpful.  Thanks very much.  I'm leaning in that direction too but I will probably wait a few months to make a final decision.

john.doe.550

JB999, thank you for sharing personal and detailed information. This will help many people.
Age: 65. Peyronies Disease in MAR 2019. 90 dgree upward curve.. Immediate &  severe. Xiaflex, APR 2019 to early 2021, slow but minor improvement through 2021. Incisional corporoplasty surgery completed in late 2022.