Well here I am please help

Previous topic - Next topic

EarlW

Sorry guys but I'm brand new to this whole thing and this sucks big time.  Have a medical background and when I one morning suddenly noticed the bend to the left in my erect penis it only took about 3 minutes to "self" diagnose.  Went to my GP for annual physical and he confirmed in about 20 secs.  I'm 47 Year old white northern european ancestry.  Seems to fit the profile pretty well.  That was about 2 months ago and I may have noticed slight worsening of curvature but not sure.  There is absolutely no pain.  Cant remember any traumatic event so it was probably just aggressive sex and a bending that damaged something.  
If it stayed just like it is I could probably deal with it for the rest of my life or so I want to believe.  Then I look at my penis when erect and I feel the walls closing in.  It's significant but haven't measured angle yet.  I seem to have two plaques.  Larger/longer down shaft  on left and that's where it curves towards.  
Definitely affects sex.  Wife says there is a noticable difference but she is stimulated outside not on G spot so it doesn't seem to "ruin" sex.  It is a tough thing to deal with for me though.  I have trouble penetrating but once in it seems to go ok.  
GP said that I could go to a Urologist but not urgent.  From what I read on this site so far it seems like that is the normal incorrect response.  
By coincedence and unknown to him he recommended same guy who did my vasectomy.  That was one of the most painful events of my life so not anxious to see that guy again.  Most other friends told how it was just a little snip snip and they were home free.  I guess my surgeon had trouble anesthetizing one of the nerves during my surgery and it was wicked painful getting numb.  Then I walked like a broken frog for about 3 weeks.  
So there seems to be little concensus on how to really treat and what works and doesn't.  It will take some time to cover all of this site and distill myth from reality.  Something this sensitive causes emotions to run haywire and I feel very unsure of what to do next.  Many say there is no cure, others swear by drugs, others say doing anything (VED, traction) helps the psych angle.  Very overwhelming.  I tend to procrastinate too when confronted with conflicting info of which thats all there seems to be initially.  
I do surgeries so of course my inclination was towards surgery.   I'm in NJ and looked at the Cornell web site as that's one of the first things that comes up on a google search.  then I stumbled across this forum.  
Loss of length is a "big" lol issue for me as I always thought I was small.  5 1/2 inches so dont want to loose any length.  But now I'm not sure that surgery is a good bet.  Many say leave surgery  till absolutely last alternative.  
So this rambling entry into this world of Peyronies is about as honest and real a view of my mind I can give.  I honestly dont know what the hell to do and who to trust or where to turn.  

George999

Earl,  There are drugs that have worked very well for me and others on this site.  The VED and traction also work very well, as attested on this site by those who have used them for years.

Here are some drug references:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19863517

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21102473

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20720560

These are the only non-invasive, low risk drugs I know of that have significant evidence of benefit.  Potaba IS beneficial, but has some real issues in terms of side effects and ease of use.  Other potentially beneficial treatments are invasive and can cause further damage if they don't work for some reason.  But Pentoxifylline and CoQ10/Ubiquinol will not leave you worse for wear if the don't do the job for you, and the potential for success, especially if they are used together, is high.  By success, I mean slow improvement over a long period of months and years.  They are not a silver bullet or a quick fix, but in my opinion they are the best shots out there right now in terms of oral medication.  And there is no reason they cannot be combined with VED and traction.  I contracted Peyronie's in 2004.  I didn't have any really effective treatment until finally starting Pentoxifylline years later.  And some months ago I added Ubiquinol which, added to Pentoxifylline, has really made me fully functional again.  - George

EarlW

Thanks George999
Appreciate the response and the info.  
It's a good start and I'll be pursuing this.  
At the beginning it's just a huge bummer.  Something we take for granted suddenly is messed up with no real definite fix.