INSURANCE related Q&A

Previous topic - Next topic

raz

hi I'm 22 and i've had congenital curvature for about 9 years. I'm wanting to know what insurance company would cover a nesbit plication surgery for me. I heard blue cross blue shield is good. Also, is there a certain type of plan you have to pick when getting insurance to cover surgeries or do most cover this?

raz

nobody can help me with this insurance question???

LWillisjr

Your best bet is to first find a doctor who will do the procedure. Usually they can answer your questions or help with coverage.

Developed peyronies 2007 - 70 degree dorsal curve
Traction/MEDs/Injections/Surgery 2008 16 years Peyronies free now
My History

agent0

anyone know if medicaid covers untreated penile fractues or peyronies?

Tim468

It should if there is associated pain and discomfort, and perhaps even if not.

Not to lie or anything, but if there is the slightest discomfort, you need to mention it to allow the urologist a better chance to get reimbursed.

Tim
52, Peyronies Disease for 30 years, upward curve and some new lesions.

agent0

do you think they will cover penile numbness? or should i just lie and tell them i have chronic pain in that area

restore

My concern is that when Xiaflex is finally approved for Peyronies Disease, I won't qualify under my health insurance because I might not meet a certain criteria.  And it will be unaffordable for me.  Assuming insurance will help pay for the drug for Peyronies Disease.  Their criteria can be anything my insurance wants to make it.  Something like:  "Must have a minimum curve of 35 degrees, with palpable plaques of XX size,..." whatever.

I've had good improvement over the course of a year and a half, taking pentox.  My plaques have reduced in size, with less pain, and slightly fuller erections.  However, there is still hourglassing, and a moderate curve upward, soft glans, and I can still feel the plaques, although not as easily.

What I'm saying is, I still want a chance to take this drug when it finally is approved hopefully for Peyronies Disease, and if it is entirely out-of-pocket at thousands of dollars, will be difficult for me.

Luciano

I have no idea if it will be covered or not. the only thing I read is a report of someone who saw his doctor saying : no it will not be covered.
https://www.peyroniesforum.net/index.php/topic,1458.msg35108.html#msg35108
but i have no idea if this will be the same in all countries.
Luc