News:

Welcome to the Peyronies Forum

New here

Previous topic - Next topic

cihdrums

Hello all, I'm recently diagnosed with Peyronie's, I've got an hourglass shape near the base and curvature to the left/down. I'm not at all sure how it happened because I don't remember feeling any pain, and I'm certain I would remember the exact time of day if I did! I don't currently have insurance so I'm a little worried about the costs since most Urology clinics require a hefty deposit before being seen.
My questions are: does anyone else not know when or how they damaged themselves or have any ideas as to how this might have happened on its own? And are there resources for helping to cover the costs of treatment?  
If you want answers, Please help us by filling in your signature block

Click here for Directions

GreekGuy85

Hey man, welcome, and sorry you're in this boat.  I'm one that does remember the exact moment I hurt myself. But not everyone does. And for some guys it just develops over time, especially after repeated "micro traumas" as opposed to one big incident.

What part of the country do you live in? Someone may know some local resources in your area, but I'm not aware of any global, country-wide resources other than Medicaid if you're in a tough financial spot.

One thing for sure - the more you read and the more questions you ask, the more you'll get out of this site.
Nick, Peyronie's for about 2 years
Good results so far with traction, pump, ADS
Have seen 4 Urologists, each one worthless

cihdrums

I live in Nashville, TN and have only been to Urology Associates so far around here. I've been told to get an ultrasound?
If you want answers, Please help us by filling in your signature block

Click here for Directions

GreekGuy85

I wonder if a place like Vanderbilt has a teaching clinic or teaching hospital associated with its med school.  A lot f times you can be seen by a learning intern.  They're always supervised by a licensed physician but are happy for "bodies" to practice / get experience on.
Nick, Peyronie's for about 2 years
Good results so far with traction, pump, ADS
Have seen 4 Urologists, each one worthless