Peyronies for 3 years now/considering excision of scar+implant

Previous topic - Next topic

rakeshgupta2021

I am 60 years old now. Three years ago, I noticed a hard scar at the base of the penis, and curvature in the erection.  I can't remember a specific event where there was a penis injury, but the scar is about the size of a nickel on a full erection. The scar size has stayed the same the last 3 years. The erections have been curved and weak and intercourse somewhat painful. Painful and hourglassing make sex not so much fun.  The quality of the erections has been deteriorating, especially the ability to stay hard. It is as if the penis wants to ejaculate and be done with it.

I am seeing Dr. Karpman in the SF Bay Area, and he suggested excision of the scar and the implant. Based on my reading of the forum, that seems to be the right way to go about it. Here are my thoughts/questions:
1. The scar is hard...and it doesn't look like any medicine will treat that scar
2. I need to decide the type of implant to consider.
3. Is it corrects to say that once you have the implant, the penis loses the ability to get a spontaneous erection.

I wonder if it is possible to speak to someone who has gone through a scar excision+implant journey
60 yrs old, Peyronies since 58
A nickel size internal scar at base of penis causing 40-degree bend
Dr. Karpman - Titan Coloplast 18cm+2cm RTE implant in Oct 25, 2021.

Hawk

Welcome to the forum Rakeshgupta,

I have not had an excision but I have had an implant with relief incisions.  I think Dr. Karpman tends toward Boston Scientific (formerly AMS) implants.  They work fine but if I personally could not get a Boston Scientific LGX then I would want a Coloplast Titan.  The Titan becomes an even stronger consideration if your natural girth is large (over 5 1/4").

I am happy to talk if you are interested.

By the way, it is important you fill out your signature line. LINK--> https://www.peyroniesforum.net/index.php/topic,10819.0.html

Hawk
Founder/Administrator
Prostatectomy 2004, radiation 2009, currently 70 yrs old
After pills, injections, VED - Dr Eid, Titan 22cm implant 8/7/18
Hawk - Updated 10/27/18 - Peyronies Society Forums