ED due to muscle damage from surgery

Previous topic - Next topic

CarmeloLabadie

My boyfriend of 2 months had surgery for bladder cancer 5 years ago. As a result, of this, he has muscle damage and cannot get an erection. Has anyone experienced this and is there a cure? Would a penial implant be an option?

He is 49. I don't want to bombard him with questions about this sensitive subject, just yet, but I would think he has discussed this with his Dr and since nothing has been done to improve this problem, Im wondering if there is no remedy or solution????

I could sure use some advice on this subject.
Thanks, Debbiejj
If you want answers, Please help us by filling in your signature block

Click here for Directions

Hawk

Welcome to the forum CarmeloLabadie.  I am wondering if you mean nerve damage rather than "muscle damage?" I do not know much about nerve damage from bladder cancer surgery, but I assume it is similar to nerve damage from prostate cancer surgery (which I had).  This nerve damage blocks the signals that cause the blood vessels to dilate and cause an erection. However, it does not damage the nerves that cause feeling or orgasm.  Many men are not aware that orgasm and ejaculation do not require an erection.

Nerve damage can slowly heal over a year or two, but often that does not happen.  Nerve grafting and repair are possible but uncommon.

By far, the best solution is a three-piece inflatable implant by a surgeon who does over a hundred implant surgeries a year (which I had).  

I am sorry, but I have to run do a few things. I will post more later.  
Prostatectomy 2004, radiation 2009, currently 70 yrs old
After pills, injections, VED - Dr Eid, Titan 22cm implant 8/7/18
Hawk - Updated 10/27/18 - Peyronies Society Forums

Hawk

CarmeloLabadie,

To resume my thoughts, most people new to the concept of a penile implant have many questions.  those can best be answered on the implant board by men who have had implants.

At the very top of the board, you will see permanent highlighted posts that will answer a ton of questions.  There is also an index that has many links.  Feel free to as anything.

Hopefully, you and your boyfriend will make good use of the forum.  Here is the link to the penile implant board --> https://www.peyroniesforum.net/index.php/board,56.0.html

I am sending you a private message as well.  
Prostatectomy 2004, radiation 2009, currently 70 yrs old
After pills, injections, VED - Dr Eid, Titan 22cm implant 8/7/18
Hawk - Updated 10/27/18 - Peyronies Society Forums