Partial inflation after surgery

Previous topic - Next topic

JustAGuy2020

Hey guys, I'm going to be having implant surgery soon with Dr Levine and I forgot to ask him - what does "partial inflation" mean for being able to work in public with clients?  I am planning on taking a week or so off from work after surgery but will I remain partially inflated til my 4 week check up?  Are there compression shorts, etc available that I can wear to make myself look normal?  Thanks  
55 y/o, Peyronies Disease onset 2018, diag 2/19.
Pentox failed, Ref to U-Michigan, doppler showed 45D right curve and 80D dorsal w hinge effect.
Incision/grafting/plication at U-M 9/20 failed.
Implant / graft repair with Dr Levine (Chicago) 9/21, successful so far

tomas1

I don't know what Dr Levine recommends or whether you have a condition that would require leaving it partially or fully inflated.
My doc left me inflated for the first night only, then I was fully deflated and would have had no issues with it being visible.
85 years old.
Implanted 01/22/19 by Dr Avila.
18cm AMS 700 CX, 3.5cm RTE 100cc reservoir
Diagnosed with Gleason  6 prostate cancer.
Monitoring it for now.

JustAGuy2020

For everyone's information, Levine's office got back to me and said I would be partially inflated for 2 weeks until my checkup following surgery.
Pentox failed, Ref to U-Michigan, doppler showed 45D right curve and 80D dorsal w hinge effect.

Hawk

I was sent home by Dr. Eid deflated, although I felt at least 50% inflated.  Dr. Eid said it was just the normal swelling from collecting fluid and blood clots around the cylinders. I was cycling within three days, so I cannot relate to 2-week partial inflation. Regardless of what the Dr. says you can do, I would NOT bend my penis down for at least eight weeks while the crus is forming a scar capsule to support the implant's base.  I am certain it affects the final angle of the erection.

You will have challenges because it is a challenge even when you are not inflated.  You just have to improvise with your penis either straight up or up at an angle in the crease of your groin.

Maybe others who were sent home partially inflated will jump in.

Do you know if this will be a sub-coronal approach or Scrotal?
Prostatectomy 2004, radiation 2009, currently 70 yrs old
After pills, injections, VED - Dr Eid, Titan 22cm implant 8/7/18
Hawk - Updated 10/27/18 - Peyronies Society Forums

JustAGuy2020

Thanks for your comments Hawk.  I now know I should have asked additional questions of Dr Levine when I saw him, but at the time I had not read enough information on this forum to know the right questions to ask.  I can tell you that in addition to the implant, Levine is going to be repairing my previous incision/graft, which was done about a year ago and either was done incorrectly (which seemed to be Levine's opinion) or healed incorrectly.  I still have a significant curve and narrowing/hinge at the base, despite the prior surgery.  I have always pointed nearly straight up at erection so hopefully that will continue and I understand the need not to bend downward during the healing process.  Thanks again!

Hawk

My guess is he will do a cut around the shaft just behind the glans and de-glove the shaft (Subcoronal approach).

I also think it is doubtful that you will point higher than two O'clock when you are standing, but that should be no real issue.  Where the implant is secured in the crus, it can be compared to two post holes.  If the scar capsule gets stretched during healing from downward pressure, it will be like a post in a hole that is too big.  Your penis will be very rigid but not angled upward.

JustAGuy2020

I had the surgery on Thursday, and it was a subcoronal approach. I needed to be de-gloved to repair my previous grafted area.  One other question, when I left the hospital, my penis was sticking straight out. Now it is more up and to the right.  My only concern about this is that the grafting is on the right, and I want to be sure my penis won't be bent in that direction as it was before.  My understanding is that once I start cycling the implant, the penis will be straight?  I can push the penis straight with little pressure and pain.

Hawk

You mentioned "one other question" but I did not see a question in your post.  If you meant to ask, "Will my penis be straight when fully inflated?" - O cant be positive but the answer will likely be yes.  What brand and model of implant did you get?

An implant has very little straightening power when deflated.  The more inflated it is, the more it exerts straightening force.

The combination of fully inflating and just the passage of time, will mean that 3 months from now you will be much straighter fully inflated than you are now.

JustAGuy2020

Sorry I was not more clear, but yes my question was will I be straight once I have healed and can fully inflate and cycle the implant.  I received a 22 cm Titan w 1 RTE.  My concern is/was that since my original grafting procedure, I have been bent significantly to the right and my penis is still bent to the right after removing the surgical dressing, although the grafted area seems much softer and more normal.  Dr Levine said I was completely straight in the OR.  Thanks Hawk.

Hawk

If you were straight when he inflated you in the OR, you will be straight.  Now all you have to do is heal and your penis issues behind you.