Dr. Christine consult

Previous topic - Next topic

68andbent

I am thinking of going to see Dr. Christine in AL for thoughts of a second opinion.
What does his consult consist of.  What I am actually looking for is, since I am flying in, how many times will I have to fly in.
I am assuming that the consult is an exam, a shot to make an erection, ultrasound, and opinion for surgery.
Then i would assume to fly back for surgery... is it overnight or do you go home same day.
Then I would assume you go back for a follow up at some point to have the surgery checked.  
As some of you know, i already had a placation July of 2020 however now i am in a 45 up position verses a hard curve to the left.  Large Knots

If you have had placation from him, can you feel the knots large after?

Thank you for any input.  
Started 3 yrs ago. Had placation in July 2019. Second in 2022
I did notice shortening 
Second one distroyed sex life and left me with a lifetime of 24x7 penile pain.

Tugglespa

I just had one with him yesterday! Went great.  

Benjamin62

Plication and Synthetic Graft

I flew down from Boston for the initial meeting and exam... can easily fly in and out the same day... although I stayed overnight.

Two months later flew in with my brother (you need someone to take you from
Day surgery).... The night before the surgery... had surgery, stayed in hotel the night following surgery and flew out in the early afternoon.

Was later notified that he would do the follow up a few weeks post surgery by Zoom (doesn't always do that)

It was a good experience.  I highly recommend.  
If you want answers, Please help us by filling in your signature block

Click here for Directions

68andbent

Thank you both for your input and support.  Are there any resteraunts in the area and what hotel did you use if you stayed over night.

I did notice shortening 

mst

bustedchubb

AirBnb is the way to go, especially for the surgery stay.  My wife and I found a place that was literally blocks away from St. Vincent's hospital, where Dr. Christine does surgery, and was super easy to get around.   There is also a great Mariott on Shade's Creek Parkway that has a Target, The Fresh Market and food nearby if you don't want to go the AirBnB route.
45 Yrs old, Peyronies Disease Onset 11/2019, Stabilized 6/2020.

Dent/Hourglassing distal and dorsal side, lost length and girth.

Underwent Plication with Dr. Brian Christine in Birmingham, AL on 6/17/2021. Fully recovered with no complications.

bendinky555

How much is this surgery? Trying to see if it's an option for me. Sorry of this  question is in bad taste..  
47yo  single gay male
Congenital downward curve just below the head (think the "Concorde" jet) and new injury 30 degree downward curve that also goes to the right
congenital issue and peyronies
no treatments yet

NEIL_TENET

Hi Benjamin62, What the approximate cost of the surgery in Dr. Brian Christine's urology center? Thanks in advance.
If you want answers, Please help us by filling in your signature block

Click here for Directions

68andbent

I would hope this is covered by insurance?
I did notice shortening 

Old Man

Hey 68;

Better call his office and ask if Medicare covers it as well as any supplemental coverage.

Regards. Old Man  
Age 92. Peyronies Disease at age 24, Peyronies Disease after
stage four radical prostatectomy in 1995, Heart surgery 2004 with three bypasses/three stents.
Three more stents in 2016. Hiatal hernia surgery 2017 with 1/3 stomach reduction. Many other surgeries too.